Why is LostCario Still Underrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always add Yanmega. With free retreat it comboes well with mew, it can absorb decently powered hits, it counters donphan, one of mew's least favorite opponents (due to donphan easily OHKOing all of our Mew). It also requires no energy, which is good since Mew normally doesn't use much energy.

I've pretty much already changed the deck based on Cinccino as a main attacker instead of Lucario. At least with Cinccino all you need is to fill your bench up with Basics with either Pichu or Stantler, slap a DCE on Cinccino and Do the Wave for a consistent 100+ damage with PlusPower and Junk Arm so you can keep re-using PlusPower to take down threats like Zekrom and Reshiram.

I haven't added PlusPowers yet but I'm going to, don't know what to take out.

But cincinno is a totally different deck,have you changed the whole deck?,because i fail to see the use of mew and relicanth then....

The deck is nowhere near as good as it used to be because Palkia LvX is no longer in rotation. Even then it was unplayable because of power spray and Luxray. Currently Stage 1 variants are too fast for this deck to be successful and nothing in the upcoming sets are going to help it either.

TDA said:
But cincinno is a totally different deck,have you changed the whole deck?,because i fail to see the use of mew and relicanth then....

I already took out Relicanth however I still see a use with Mew cause it can still copy Jumpluff with Mass Attack for swarm. I've already changed like two thirds of the deck anyway.

oh ok then,was wondering what relicanth was gonna lost zone..xD,and btw if you are going the speed bench fill route,try pichu :D

the deck was playable with palkia g and mesprit but, it just doesn't have good enough support anymore and for the record 3 lostgar variants made top 128, 1 made top 64 and 1 made 32 at us nats. Also there was one at Canada's T16.

My main gripe with the deck is: what do you want in the Lost Zone? The 3 other Relicanths, okay, that makes sense, those are useless. But then what? Then you wasted a couple of turns getting stuff in the Zone while your opponent is building up a Reshiram. You need a lot more in the Zone to KO it, and even trading Lucarios for Reshirams is pretty terrible since you need the Basic, Stage 1 and DCE, while they have energy acceleration and Reshiram's a basic.
It's not the autoloss against Mewgar that concerns me. It's the bad choices you are forced to make (aka drawing early and LZing your own good Pokemon if you want to get big hits in) against decks that have more than 100 HP. And there are just way too many of those.

Oh and you incorrectly use the word underrated. Not a big deal, lots of people do that. But it would be underrated if people thought it was bad while it was actually not bad. Currently, people think it's bad and it is in fact bad (since it's not winning anything).

I don't see this deck as having much potential, really. By the time you've got ennough pokemon in your Lost Zone to make a significant difference, they'll already be set up and ahead in prizes. Its damage output will probably be around 70-90 per turn after sacrificing a couple prizes. With a fragile 90 HP, just about anything can OHKO or 2HKO it. Even then, it will be behind in the 2HKO fest that will ensue, leading ultimately to a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back