BW/BW2 Why do people hate the 5th Gen so much?

Wich Gen had the best Pokemon?

• Gen 1

Votes: 26 13.6%
  • Gen 2

Votes: 39 20.4%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 47 24.6%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Gen 5 (By Pokemon revealed so far)

Votes: 51 26.7%

• Total voters
RE: Why do people hate so much the 5th Gen?

Here's my ranking

1. Gen 3
2. Gen 5
3. Gen 2
4. Gen 4
5. Gen 1

IMO

achernar said:
because 30 cross-gen evos among 107 just seem ridiculous 0.o

Why?
Ok, I know that there could have been more new families in gen 4 but the ones that exist are good enough for me and one of the reasons I like gen 4 is because it has a lot of cross-gen evos...

Metalizard said:
Why?
Ok, I know that there could have been more new families in gen 4 but the ones that exist are good enough for me and one of the reasons I like gen 4 is because it has a lot of cross-gen evos...

Me too. i want over 150 pokemon. Mostly New pokemon. around 30- cross gen evo's and around 6 or 7 legends

anyway, I'll do my ranking too:

1. Gen 4
2. Gen 1 & 2 (I feel the same for both)
2,5. Gen 3
3. Gen 5 (for now)

Metalizard said:
and then, there is gen V in which they're using concepts that were already used for previous Pokémon. More specifically, I like Zorua & Zoroak but the kitsune myth was already supposed to be interpreted by Ninetales... and Munna's dream eater tapir concept is a major ripoff of Drowzee... and its design is freakin' ugly (munna's)... to me, that's unoriginality...

I'd LOVE Munna if it weren't for those freakin' flowers. Musharna is a huge improvement from Munna.

I've got to say that some things added to the 5th generation Pokemon that I don't like, like the flowers of Munna. Also the red eyes of the beaver like Pokemon.

Ice Arceus said:
I've got to say that some things added to the 5th generation Pokemon that I don't like, like the flowers of Munna. Also the red eyes of the beaver like Pokemon.

Yeah, Minezumi's eyes are looking a little bloodshot O_O
I can't decide if I like it or if it's some vigorous, rabid chipmunk and I should be terrified of it.

People hate this generation because this fandom is ridiculously hard to please.

Basically if it's new it sucks. :\ I don't feel that way, but it seems to be the general sentiment among a lot of members of this fandom.

As for which gen I think is superior, I find it difficult to choose. (Wah, I seem like such a copout.) Every gen has had a slew of uninteresting creatures with another slew of highly creative, fun ones. Honestly, I feel like they're all on equal footing in terms of Pokémon introduced... Except for Gen IV. We really did not need that many cross-generation counterparts. Gen II lacked a little in that you had to go to Kanto for a bunch of Gen II Pokémon, but that's the game rather than the creatures.

I think that the hate toward Gen. 5 has died. People just needed to get used to Gen. 5, and now they are. Done deal.

sturtle said:
I think that the hate toward Gen. 5 has died. People just needed to get used to Gen. 5, and now they are. Done deal.
I totally agree, I hated the staters at first, but now I really like them,
My top 5 Gen pokemon are:
1) Gen 2
2) Gen 1
3) Gen 3
4) Gen 5
5) Gen 4

I'm to guess Because They look American And the poke`mon look like there from Yoge-o.
Any whay....The 1st gen is best!

maybe, but honestly, I cannot stand Munna's evolution, I think that it stinks, it looks exactly like munna, except it is asleep, and it doesn't have any "pretty little flowers" on it. I thoguht it was a disappointment, but that is just me. Other than that, I love Gen. V!

Haha, what funny wording on the title. Still, while remaining slightly behind the sinnoh starters for me the isshu starters are pretty good.

Personally I love the whole 5th gen, I guess I brainwashed myself into thinking that XD, but still it is something completely different and I get the same feel I got when I first saw the 1st gen. What I hate is the massive month difference from when it comes out in Japan and everywhere else, and maybe how munna is so simple, but it will grow on me...

imo, both gen2 and 3 were equally the best. the only reason people liked the first gen so much was nostalgia. the first gen had some of the lamest pokemon designs, which have allready been mentioned repeatedly....
gen 4 was ok, but the pre nat dex sucked, and there was too much evos, and most of them required trading...overall some were great, like lucario, garchomp, togekiss, rhyperior, torterra, weavile, yanmega, etc...but...it felt like it could have been better if we had less evos and more fire types
and now to the fifth gen. i like some of them alot: serplant, crocodune, wargle, gigaiasu(spelling), ononokusu, etc.
i used to hate wotter(aka derp-derp, or mijumaru) but its kind of grown on me, i still think its design isnt that great and should have been improved on. i dont like the goth, for some reason. and i absolutely HATE tabunne! it looks terrible and if its not fake i will fly to japan and punch everyone in game freak in their faces and the brocoli monkey isnt all that great, its not bad but i dont care for it, i hope it has a ba evo!

some people always going to critizice the new gen because they think that the first one is the best, but c'mon, i think exactly the same that the guy who did the thread, a ball whit eyes and giants eyebrows?? a pink blob? a group of eggs? a stone whit arms? those are the most weird pokemon ever but people love them because they are the first, if those pokemon would have been on the fifth generation, people would say "they are stupid, i hate the new pokemons, they dont have imagination". face the future, in 10 years more, there are going to be 1000 pokemon and always the same people critizicing but buying the game anyway

People hate the fifth gen? That's news to me. I really like the new designs, especially the broccoli monkey.

Yeah many people like the 5th generation. There are new Pokemon and some of the Pokemon designs are great. There may be some things here and there that people may not be happy with seeing, but it will take time to get used to. But overall I think that they 5th generation so far is good.

I for one am enjoying every single bit of info we're getting on the fifth generation, so I see nothing wrong with this gen. Besides, Gen 4 received the most criticism over the pokemon designs, but I was happy enough with them. I believe that the only reason certain people are hating on the 5th generation already are those that have played the games at or near the beginning of the franchise, and are getting that nostalgic feeling (I know exactly how that feels, I'm missing my childhood :(), which for some reason gives said people the impression that "the-originals-were-the-best-and-nothing-can-top-them". I first played Gold version, and I still like all the designs; I don't actually care that much about what the new monsters look like! :p

Back