Where to buy in USA?

RE: Best place to buy Booster boxes?

Collectors Cache always shipped quickly for me. I enjoyed buying from them, since they are in the state just South. I could order on Tuesday. They would ship on Wednesday. I would receive on Thursday. I quit buying from them when I learned of AmiAmi.

When I lived in the States, I used CC frequently for English boxes. They always had reasonable prices and shipped quickly, and just buying a booster box of each English set gave me enough points to be a part of their frequently buyers' program, which gives free packs and such. They do also have a pretty extensive collection of Japanese cards, though at typical inflated import prices. More expensive than AmiAmi by quite a bit, but they have older stuff, whereas AmiAmi sells out quickly, so it's a nice resource aside from Ebay to get Japanese stuff that isn't brand new.

Sooooo had an awkward moment with a Manager at Target today... Printed out a sheet from Amazon.com and they didn't honor the price match because it was from a third party seller. I printed out a sheet of their policy and I was feeling pretty high and mighty until he was like

"Read here. Now read what it says here on the Amazon sheet. Sold by this company. Now read the phone." And he showed a book sold on Amazon.com "by Amazon.com".

I asked "what about all these other sellers? I know you don't price match them but they are all selling it for much less than 150$."

He just said "no we are not obliged to price match those companies as they are not listed on our site. I can give you 10% but that's it."

Woo. A whole 15$ off.

Re: RE: Best place to buy Booster boxes?

MrSquarepants said:
Sooooo had an awkward moment with a Manager at Target today... Printed out a sheet from Amazon.com and they didn't honor the price match because it was from a third party seller. I printed out a sheet of their policy and I was feeling pretty high and mighty until he was like

"Read here. Now read what it says here on the Amazon sheet. Sold by this company. Now read the phone." And he showed a book sold on Amazon.com "by Amazon.com".

I asked "what about all these other sellers? I know you don't price match them but they are all selling it for much less than 150$."

He just said "no we are not obliged to price match those companies as they are not listed on our site. I can give you 10% but that's it."

Woo. A whole 15$ off.

Glad you posted this I was going to message you on how that went. Sucks to hear it didn't work.

Worked at another store though. I don't think she noticed the third party seller note so I managed to pay 3.99 per Plasma Storm pack. I bought packs instead since they didn't have boxes stocked. I saved an additional 5% with my Target Red Card so it was like 3.80 per pack. Not too shabby.

RE: looking for a good puchaseing wesite

www.bidwicket.com and www.trollandtoad.com have the best prices, if you are not willing to buy from ebay

dragonman5 said:
anybody know a good website to buy pokemon cards cheap:)

Depends on what you're looking to buy. There's a very nice thread here that has discussions about various websites to purchase different products from. The thread is USA minded, though, so if you're not in the US or specifically looking to purchase foreign cards, it might not help.

If you can give us an idea of what kind of cards you're looking for (what language, what set(s), singles vs. booster boxes, etc.), we can give you better information. Otherwise, definitely look through that thread I linked.

If looking for japanese cards, I would HIGHLY recommend AmiAmi, it is 32$ for a booster box of cards there, plus shipping!

DrunkSpinda said:
www.bidwicket.com and www.trollandtoad.com have the best prices, if you are not willing to buy from ebay

Troll & Toad has terrible single prices I prefer Amazon because you don't need a credit card (just throw your money into a gift card and spend that) and their EX's are fairly priced. The singles that are worth less (E.X.: Proffesor Juniper) are higher priced than normal because the dealers have to make money and factor in shipping.

Ebay

I got the Celebi / Zorura Jumbo on there for only 2.12 :)

Ebay if you're lucky to find a decent private seller, not power-sellers (they are usually trying to compete with online retailers, though some are actual online retailers as well) you can try to win some for lower than usual.

I got Plasma Storm Black and White Kyurem for only 21$. And Shiny Charizard for 42$.

I also sell stuff cheaper than many Buy It Nows. :p *gets shot for advertising* GUH!! It... was... just... a... ohhhh....

Definitely don't recommend Pokeorder.com...

They exaggerate their prices to make it seem like you're getting a good deal but you're really not...

Example: Lugia EX Full Art Regular Price: 60$ Sale Price: 45$ (you save blah %) when ebay and Troll and Toad are selling for like 30$. Troll and Toad isn't great either for pre-order prices but once the set is out they had a good idea of what things are worth but some can still be overpriced depending on demand.

RE: Looking for a Good Pokémon Card-Selling Site

eBay for sure. Just make sure you read the entire description first so you know what you're getting. Troll and Toad is good for booster packs. Of course, boosters would probably be cheaper if you just went to a nearby hobby shop. Their single prices are alright, but you'll surely find the cards you're looking for on eBay for less. I wouldn't trust boosters unless they are in a sealed box from eBay, though, as they could be weighed...

RE: Looking for a Good Pokémon Card-Selling Site

Go to Amazon or eBay!

Found 2 FA Skyla's for $13 each, 2 FA Mewtwos for ~$25 and just got a FA Keldeo EX for $32.

RE: Best place to buy Booster Boxes?

Anyone know of the cheapest place to buy a case of booster boxes?

Buying Individual Packs Online

Is it safe to buy individual packs online (e.g. TnT, Ebay etc.)? Because I've heard about weighting packs so that individual ones don't contain any good cards (not attacking any one site in particular). I can't really afford a whole box right now so I'm looking for advice to see where would be a reliable place.

Back