Pokemon Where do they come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum26

Man's gotta eat.
Did anyone ever notice that no one in the pokemon world happens to know where an egg comes from? Well why is that? Example, Day care man: "Oh my, Your Charizard was wrestling with another Charizard. 5 minutes later an egg appeared next to it. I wonder how it got there, Do you want it?"

Really? Honestly? You know Day care man, You know.

Another example, Girl in solaceon town: "Sometimes, two Pokemon are left at the daycare. And every so often, eggs are found at the daycare. Is someone leaving them there? No one actually knows where eggs come from, since no one has ever actually seen Pokemon lay eggs."

Right, There are a bunch in solaceon town. You've got no idea, at all? Oh please don't give us that. You know, as well as the Day care man.

Just give me your thoughts on this so called "myth".

I think that the male mates with the female so that they can have a kid. But that doesn't explain how putting a male pokemon with a ditto makes an egg either.

He was explaining why no one knows where eggs come from.

I personally think that, if these people were real, they have it ingrained in their brains to always avert their eyes from the Daycare, because the people in high positions of authority have some sort of hold on the populace (mind-control chips), and as a result, they never learn the truth about where Pokemon really come from. (That, and seeing a Ditto get it on is scary.)

The only person in the Pokemon world that has seen an egg form is Cynthia...go look at the HGSS Arceus event. Which begs the question - does that happen every time an egg is created? It's like if Pokemon mate, they transcend time and space. I wonder how they feel about that?

I get that, Seeing how the egg appears in like a 2-5 minute time span. It must travel through time.

Those Day Care people don't watch your Pokemon.

The guy and girl just sit there, and who knows what they do.

See, this is just Pokemon trying to avoid having to explain "That topic" to the little kids that play Pokemon. We all know far too well what they're hinting at, its just for the sake of the younger audience

Just because no-one has seen a Pokemon lay eggs doesn't actually mean they don't lay eggs. Considering there is no proof that anyone has investigated this apart from the leading proffessors, I think it's just that no-one has witnessed the eggs, I think it's just the case of ignorance of others.
Besides I thought Elm cleared up and confirmed that
"Pokemon lay eggs to reproduce"

As for legendaries many of them are born again once they die, I know The birds and Ho-oh do. Not sure about any others however.

stork_cartoon.jpg
=
pokemon_eggAboutToHatch.gif

ST17: Exactly. If they started giving an in-depth description of how Pokemon are born as some people in this thread seem to expect...well, it'd probably make the games rated M or higher, not E.

Did anyone ever notice that no one in the pokemon world happens to know where an egg comes from? Well why is that? Example, Day care man: "Oh my, Your Charizard was wrestling with another Charizard. 5 minutes later an egg appeared next to it. I wonder how it got there, Do you want it?"

Really? Honestly? You know Day care man, You know.

Another example, Girl in solaceon town: "Sometimes, two Pokemon are left at the daycare. And every so often, eggs are found at the daycare. Is someone leaving them there? No one actually knows where eggs come from, since no one has ever actually seen Pokemon lay eggs."

Right, There are a bunch in solaceon town. You've got no idea, at all? Oh please don't give us that. You know, as well as the Day care man.

Just give me your thoughts on this so called "myth".

It's a running gag.

Kinda like how the gender selection is always the professor asking you "Are you BOY or GIRL" rather than a simple Select Gender screen.

ST17: Exactly. If they started giving an in-depth description of how Pokemon are born as some people in this thread seem to expect...well, it'd probably make the games rated M or higher, not E.

True, but they could at least say something like
Just like us, Pokemons also fall in love, and after awhile, the mother lays an egg.

^^

A while? A WHILE? They lay eggs in a matter of minutes if you leave em with a ditto. God he's an animal

but they could at least say something like Just like us, Pokemons also fall in love, and after awhile, the mother lays an egg.

I don't see a reason why they need to "at least" say something like that. What next, they have to explain to the player as well about why the game encourages incest because of IV inheritance through inbreeding?

-____-
I really can't believe that we are having this conversation.
It's just a nice way of saying "the pokemon got busy and had a baby!"

It's obvious Pokemon don't have the same reproducing time as humans do.

I'm getting kind of sick of these types of topics tbh. Human principles don't always have to apply to the world of Pokemon. We're talking about fiction here.

dmaster out.

This is Pokemon and as dmaster has mentioned "We're talking about fiction here." We aren't supposed to know each and every detail of how a Pokemon egg gets there, we have to use what we know about other animals to get a pretty close idea of how a Pokemon egg gets there. Since little children play Pokemon as well, the creators/daycare people aren't going to mention how it gets there, instead they are going to mention that they found it.

dmaster said:
I'm getting kind of sick of these types of topics tbh

I wonder is it because people are getting older and start learning all sorts of new concepts and stuff, and then they start trying to apply it onto pokemon.

What happened to the times when we could just accept cartoons for what they were? Or do people just no longer find themselves able to accept it? when they "evolve" past the stage of children I once spoke before that this is a sure sign of an older person outgrowing pokemon, where he finds that he can no longer hold his suspension of disbelief and all his disbelief just starts pouring out. The "Horrors of the pokedex" article in the cerulean and this thread by Ashebull are just few examples.

I'm considering forwarding a suggestion to officially declare such kind of topics as lock-worthy based on "blatant disregard for suspension of disbelief". I'm only hesitant because sometimes it's hard to tell if a thread is just poking fun at the unrealism, or seriously making a big deal of it as though it were "wrong". At the very least I'd like a directive saying I can immediately lock a thread if its topic is to complain that some trivial aspect of the pokemon world is implausible or unrealistic, when we all know fully well that pokemon is a semi-fantasy setting and thus, is needed to be implausible and unrealistic to some degree.

On a non-serious note, someone needs to get outside more often.

On a serious note, this is a children's video game. They are not going to hint about the birds and the beedrills in a children's game, and they already mentioned in-game that Pocket Monsters reproduce by laying eggs. That enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back