Pokemon When Can we Expect Generation VII?

RE: When can we expect Gen VII?

Proably in late 2015 or early 2016. With a region as small as Kalos, and with few possible event Pokemon I doubt that Nintendo can make XY "live" much longer.

We could get a Pokemon Z in the next years, and it could introduce some new areas to make the game more long lasting and fun.

For example, we have the mysterious strange souvenir. Could this mean that we will be introduced to a sort of Sevii Islands area in Kalos?

What about a game based on Australia? For the sea, we could have a lot of colourful and beautiful water Pokemon in the Great Barrier Reef. Maybe a legendary Pokemon like a Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger). For a large City, we could have one based on Sydney, or maybe themeparks like Queensland's to make the game interesting. Maybe the Theme Parks could be some sort of Battle Frontier?
Maybe some (Mega) Evolutions for Pokemon from previous generations.

Would anybody like to add to this idea?

If you want to share ideas for possible future Pokémon generations, we have a whole thread dedicated to that here. :)

I agree with Bolt the Cat's time window in his first post on this page. I've read that Nintendo (from eurogamer.pt
http://www.eurogamer.pt/articles/2014-02-03-iwata-sugere-integracao-de-portateis-com-consolas-de-sala )
will perhaps try to incorporate the next portable console into their next home console (I could never understand why not allowing for the 3DS to be used as a controller since the WiiU only supports one GamePad) and as a measure, it joined the team(s) from the portable consoles with the one(s) from home consoles. With the WiiU selling far from well and with the 3DS selling, like said above, not the expected, we might see both successors earlier than what would be expectable in the beginning (don't forget about the 2DS that I think it's like a test product to see if a console without the 3D would sell well).
That said, I think it might be kind like with B(2)/W(2) and they'll make not a new generation still on the 3DS but a remake (while already making a new generation for the new console).

Bolt the Cat said:
Teal said:
Uh, the 3DS is not underperforming, the 3DS is doing well now.

It's doing well, but not as well as Nintendo expected.

Out of curiosity, how do you know this? I don't think anyone was expecting DS numbers again.

I wouldn't mind a new Generation in 2016. Shoot, I'd love a new one next year. But I really don't see that happening; and for very good reason, that'd be moronic planning.

There just wasn't much new to Kalos. We changed graphical style and got less new Pokemon than ever. Unova felt too short because we got a new graphical style that pushed the DS in a good few places, tons of new battle mechanics, Hidden Abilities, lots of new online features, and then, of course, TONS of new Pokemon, among other stuff. It felt so short-lived. Kalos feels the complete opposite. Feels like it's basically lived out the extent of its life already.

SotS said:
I wouldn't mind a new Generation in 2016. Shoot, I'd love a new one next year. But I really don't see that happening; and for very good reason, that'd be moronic planning.

Not really, the longer they leave the 3DS and Wii U on the market, the more they're going to lose money for Nintendo. They need to release the new ones ASAP, and going off past release patterns, "ASAP" is roughly 5 years after the old console's release. Which makes 2016 a roughly appropriate estimate.

SotS said:
There just wasn't much new to Kalos. We changed graphical style and got less new Pokemon than ever. Unova felt too short because we got a new graphical style that pushed the DS in a good few places, tons of new battle mechanics, Hidden Abilities, lots of new online features, and then, of course, TONS of new Pokemon, among other stuff. It felt so short-lived. Kalos feels the complete opposite. Feels like it's basically lived out the extent of its life already.

Um, what? 5th gen didn't have much new at all, the graphics were basically touched up from 4th gen and with more 3D elements, and there weren't any new gameplay mechanics that carried any significance besides Hidden Abilities. Also, the amount of Pokemon has nothing to do with how much potential a generation has, since the Pokemon selection is only part of the game design and there's plenty of older ones to choose from.

6th gen has much more to offer than 5th does in terms of gameplay, between the addition of Fairy type which has changed how certain types interact with each other (and keep in mind that some Fairy types such as Togekiss and Whimsicott haven't been prominently featured since becoming Fairies, so a future 6th gen game that includes them in their regional dex would give them a good opportunity to showcase their new type), Mega Evolutions which give some Pokemon a power boost (especially if we get new ones mid gen to play with), significant changes in graphics which allows them to design new types of areas, and 3DS features such as Streetpass, Spotpass, and Play Coins which still have not been used in the gameplay, there's plenty for them to work with.

Bolt the Cat said:
...and 3DS features such as Streetpass, Spotpass, and Play Coins which still have not been used in the gameplay, there's plenty for them to work with.

That's kind of my annoyance. There's so much to the 3DS in comparison to the DS. It was such a large jump in power and features. And Game Freak used... what? 3D graphics. 3D Pokemon already existed in Colosseum and XD, so that's not as novel as it seems at first glance. They used SpotPass... kind of, I guess. The StreetPass functionality is an utter joke. Play Coins weren't even touched upon. And wow don't even get me started on Game Freak's incompetence with the 3D function. They had the dev kit for the 3DS before any other company out there, and they managed to get beat out by Capcpom's Resident Evil Revelaitons. A game that released around two years earlier. With less dev time.

You've got me at the Fairy-Type thing. Forgot about that. Mega Evolutions still feel kind of like a last second idea to me. Mostly because they were extremely selective in what got one, which ended up making the whole idea feel incomplete. Why does Mewtwo have two Mega's, but Mew has none -- especially if Mewtwo IS a Mew clone? (Yeah reasoning doesn't work in these games, but hopefully the wording gets my point across...) How come Blaziken got one but Swampert and Sceptile didn't? It all felt half-baked.

I'm being unfair and harsh on X and Y, really. I like them as games. But as a new Pokemon generation they're disappointing. In my opinion, of course. There was just so much more potential to be had here -- in the base game. Maybe Game Freak will add more in later through DLC or something. And that would be awesome. But as of right now these games just didn't meet my expectations.

[/quote]And Play Coins which still have not been used in the gameplay, there's plenty for them to work with.
[/quote]

I think there is something little for play coins. The more Play coins you have (or was that steps?), the quicker the O-power recovery will recover.

Bolt the Cat said:
Not really, the longer they leave the 3DS and Wii U on the market, the more they're going to lose money for Nintendo. They need to release the new ones ASAP, and going off past release patterns, "ASAP" is roughly 5 years after the old console's release. Which makes 2016 a roughly appropriate estimate.
What on earth am I reading. I don't even??? ._____.
The 3DS is making money. Please tell me more about how they are losing money with the 3DS.
Pretty much every console nowadays loses money at first. Development costs a lot of money. Consoles aren't even meant to make money, game and license sales are. (Also btw. afaik the Xbox never even paid itself back.) Since they should be selling the WiiU for a little bit profit (compared to manufacturing costs), please also tell me how they keep losing money on the WiiU. The money is already "lost". What they have to do now is to gain it back by getting sales from the WiiU and especially from good game sales. Once the WiiU has been on the market for long enough, assuming it starts selling now that MK8 and SSB are coming, it will start making profit at some point. Please tell me in what way it would be wise to remove these consoles from the market?

HoOhLugia said:
I think there is something little for play coins. The more Play coins you have (or was that steps?), the quicker the O-power recovery will recover.
There isn't anything for the coins. O-Power recovery speed is based on how many steps you have walked that day with your 3DS.

Don't wander too far from topic. I understand that the 3DS features and its sales are connected with the topic at hand, but still, the main topic is when do you think Gen VII will come out. Don't forget it.

The remake of R/S coming november 2014 . This make me think pokemon Z is coming next year , september or november 2015 . Hey guy , I'm pretty sure that 7th generation will release in 2016 (around sep - nov 2016) .

Back