DPPt/HGSS What's Your "Shiny Moment"?

Shiny moment? Well, my worst EVER shiny moment was my second ever shiny sitting. It was in Emerald, and it was a Dusclops, one that I really want, and it was in the flipping BATTLE PIKE WHERE YOU CAN'T CATCH ANYTHING!!!!! I ALMOST LITERALLY SCREAMED had it not been in the middle of a very busy mall in which case that would have been slightly embarrassing... My first was a shiny Cascoon in Emerald which is now a Dustox that I clone with the Emerald glitch and put on the GTS and get anything I need. (yes I am willing to trade a few). My most recent was a shiny Luxio in Platinum when I was just trying to EV something. I actually just finished EVing the Luxray today. I also have a ton of other shinies that don't really count because I find them on the GTS. So that is my shiny moment for now.

i hope those shiny suicidal geodudes and gravelers and teleporting abras werent in gen4, because why didnt you use a quick ball?

Sadly mine is rare and quite sad indeed.

"There I was, heading north in pokemon Emerald, to fight my rival Brendan so I could get my pokeballs so I could continue my journey. When all of a sudden a pokemon battle happens. Enthusiastically I would defeat the pokemon, but this time it was a female shiny Poochyena! A pink one at that (though they are usually brownish aren't they?) I had no balls yet (the store doesn't sell them till after you go back to Birch and get the balls from his assistant whom you just beat)"

It was the first time I saw a shiny (not including the shiny gyarados at the lake of rage). I've only had 3 other shiny encounters in my career: 1) Machop (deleted game), 2) Pinsir (deleted game), 3) Zubat (traded game in for cash)

I found a shiny Tauros in HG, but I only had one ultra ball and it didn't catch.

Well, at least I found a wild shiny Magicarp and caught it.:D And about three others in the same game.

On his platinum, my brother found a random encounter shiny Drifloon, got it to red HP, then used his last Ultra ball and it didn't catch.

Pokeplayer44 said:
I believe you have a better chance of finding them in caves. Here's why:
Not for me.

Ruby: I was looking for a Wailord because I was seven or so and I was all "OMG Wailord it's big! N00B!" I ended up finding a Shiny Wailmer. But there's a catch: I didn't know it was shiny. I missed the sparkle and in Ruby, the Purple for Shiny Wailmer isn't that different from the blue for regular Wailmer and I didn't realize the difference. Still, I thought it was different looking and decided to catch it. Lucky for me, I did. I don't remember how I reacted when I found out it was shiny, but I have a Shiny Wailord in my SoulSilver. :) I caught it in a Net Ball.

SoulSilver: I was looking for a Horsea for my in-game team when I came across a Shiny Tentacruel. I also missed the Sparkle, I was talking to my friend. I might have ran if he didn't point it out to me. Luckily, he did, and I caught it. Plus, Shiny Tentacruel looks way different than a regular one, so that helped, too. I caught it in a Heavy Ball.

I've been lucky enough to catch all my shinies. And, they're all water type, my favorite type. But, because I missed the sparkle and didn't know the Wailmer was a Shiny, I don't really have a Shiny moment. (And the Tentacruel was like, "Whatever." XD)

My first shiny experience that I'm aware of was in Diamond. Regardless of it being a Bidoof I was stupidly eager to catch it, but it was one of those "0x Poke Balls remaining" moments.

I was not amused.

Since that though I've gone on to catch several others. You gotta love that shiny Garchomp. xD

the only wild 1 in 8000+ shiny i found was on leaf green a weedle but dumb gba games the file got corrupt :mad:
others are
pokerader larvatar, phanpy, spionk and others
my fav was my SR shiny chikorita

First shiny besides Red Gyarados... I found Psyduck while surfing in the water between Goldenrod and the Bug Catching Contest. I thought it was a special place for getting shiny Pokemon so I kept looking for more in that area but no luck.

I've also caught shiny Pidgey, Tangela, Koffing (these three were on Crystal version) my brother caught Seviper (Sapphire) that he traded me, and my girlfriend caught Donphan (HeartGold) that she traded me. I also found a shiny Rattata that I accidently made faint, and a shiny Graveler that used selfdestruct.

Oh yes, can't forget about the "Pikachu-colored Pichu" event Pichu.
I just recently caught a wild shiny Marill on Platinum.

e6reox_th.jpg

[/size]once i was at victory road and saw a shiny zubat, i was like omg and catched it . a few second later i saw a shiny zubat again at the same spot. and again. and again for 8 times in a row!!!!!

I never came across a shiny Pokemon, except possibly once way back numerous years ago when I didn't even know what a shiny Pokemon was. I remember the shiny animation and the colours looked different. I just defeated it, not knowing the chances of being in such an enounter.

Using the Pokeradar on Diamond, I was near finding a Shiny Togepi, but, of course, I decide to walk above me not noticing the shaking grass just above, and the chain also broke along with it.

I have the Shiny Gyarados from HGSS, but everyone with the game encounters that.

It depends.

In third gen, my shiny moment was encountering my Shiny Pidgey in the patch of grass just outside Pewter.

In fourth gen, it'd probably be getting a Shiny Eevee and a Shiny Weavile in trades over GTS.

never in all games encountered a shiny (does not include red gyrados) but im soft resseting for a shiny charmander in FR

I was Surfing off Mauville in sapphire, fishing for Carvanhas, when I came across a Sharpedo. At first I thought
it was ordinary, but since I didn't have one in my dex yet, I caught it. When I checked my team, I found a star next to
it, and it was purple! That was the 1st of 6 shinies for me, and at random, too. Had I known Carvanhas weren't near Mauville until Emerald, I probably wouldn't have encountered it.

Also saw a Green Espeon in LeafGreen Battle Tower. Fail.

~AoH

Also saw a Green Espeon in LeafGreen Battle Tower. Fail.
That jerkface is programmed to be shiny.

I havn't found any more recently, mainly because I havn't been in an SRing mood, and I can't chain to save my life.

The last shiny I saw was a quagsire in the safari zone in platinum. Guess what happens.
Ryan throws a safari ball. *wiggle**wiggle*. . . . .Shoot! So close to!. Quagsire ran away! >.< NOOOOOOOOOOO

Other than that I caught a shiny psyduck in fire red.

One day, while EV training, I found a shiny Geodude. Sadly, I only had three Poké Balls, and failed to capture it.

Crystal: Was training something on Route 32, I think Nidoran. Suddenly, shiny Rattata! Since I was a little kid, I promptly went and showed it to anyone who would look. Then I caught it. 8D

Gold: Was on my way to Ecruteak to catch Ho-Oh, since for some reason I didn't have anything in my party that could fly. The only ball in my bag was a Master Ball, so I was thinking how awful it would be if I saw a shiny. Unbelievably, I found a shiny Pidgey just then.

Silver: Shiny Venonat in the bug catching contest. I actually won with it, even though shinies were disadvantageous in that generation due to the role IVs have in calculating the winner.

Diamond: The last two Pokemon I needed to complete the National Dex were Kabutops and Omastar, so I went to Victory Road to train my Omanyte and Kabuto. Shiny Graveler. I knew it was a good idea to save my Master Ball.

Diamond: Chaining for shiny Ponytas. My chain was broken by a shiny Miltank.

Diamond: Bred Eevee for trade fodder, and Cubone to get one with an Adamant nature. They both happened to have parents from foreign-language games, so...

Back