DPPt/HGSS What's Your "Shiny Moment"?

Today, I was looking for Entei in Soul Silver. I ran into a patch of tall grass hoping for Entei, but I got something even better... a Shiny Ledyba!! It is my 2nd shiny and my first shiny from a random wild encounter! My only other shiny is Pichu from the Gamestop event.
EDIT: I just caught shiny Gyrados even though I already knocked it out! :)

Well, I was building a team for a local Gamestop tourney, and I had planned everything: Swampert, Blissey, Cresselia, you know, the works. I had all of my team ready except for one member: Salamence. So I decided that it would be a Specsmence, Modest Nature. So I had a Naughty Bagon with an Everstone (I have no idea why), and a Gyarados in the Day Care. I hatched at least 50-60 eggs, looking for one with good EVs.

While using my Slugma in the first slot of my party and biking up and down Solaceon Town, I had a few more eggs to hatch. Five eggs, to be exact. It was midnight on July 4, I think? Anyways, the third egg had hatched, and I had looked down at the hatching Bagon.

My reaction:

"OH MY GOSH THE EGG'S GREEN"

It was a shiny Bagon! Despite me being stupid and putting an Everstone on a Naughty Bagon, the shiny Bagon was Modest. I was elated. :D Turns out that it only had 3 IVs in Special Attack. Oh, well, though. I won the Gamestop tourney easily, and the shiny Salamence was quite instrumental in all of my victories. ^^;

I random encountered a shiny Rayquaza in Ruby, but it killed itself with Outrage and I didn't bring a Masterball. /sadface

About a week ago, I found a Shiny Chen on Touhoumon. I had no Touhou Orbs.
...wait, wrong game.

I've encountered a Shiny Abra before, but it teleported. Sadface.
The only other shiny I remember naturally finding was a Tentacool. I ran away from it without realizing it was shiny. Looking back...I was pretty stupid.

My first and only shiny to date was a shiny Spoink in Ruby...Spoink! :3

I then evolved it into a Grumpig and thought it looked better as a Spoink. :/

My first shiny besides the Red Gyrados, was my Shiny Trecko (Now Sceptile), I just started the game BAM I got a Shiny Trecko, :D.

Hooray, I randomly found a shiny vulpix over the week [random 1/8192, not chained]. It was on emerald.

Too bad it was in the Battle Pyramid, and I couldn't catch it. -______-

My sister has managed to find 2 shiny Ponyta at Mt Silver (HG), one male and one female. I've only managed a shiny Metapod in this game, though in the original Gold version I ended up with a shiny Crobat, which I brought up from a level 3 Zubat.

I have a few (well three)

Pokemon Sapphire - Kecleon
The first shiny I can remember getting (although I vaguely remember a shiny rhyhorn/ I didn't catch in Pokemon Gold) Unforutunately I lost this game so I no longer have it. It was a tad disappointing that the only difference was the stripe on it's belly, but a shiny is a shiny.

Pokemon Ruby - Carvanha
A few weeks ago I was trying to catch a feebas to migrate to my soul silver game. The Carvanha's were terribly annoying...until a shiny one popped up. I never did get the feebas though.

Pokemon Soul Silver - Kricketune
I went into the Bug Contest with my heart set on catching a Volbeat since I didn't have one yet. I didn't get it though, a shiny Kricketune is much nicer. I only came third though...you'd think they'd award major points if you found a super rare shiny pokemon! :(

They're the ones that I have caught myself, but I have others from trades. I mentioned before I think I saw a shiny Rhyhorn in Pokemon Gold when I was small but I don't think I realized it was shiny/rare so I never got it.

I might get lucky breeding one of these days, because I got my ditto off the gts and it's japanese.

i caught a shiny onix and shiny floatzel in fr and diamond respectively. since then ive deleted both save files

Fire Red;
Shiny Dratini
Safari Zone, Secret Area. Fishing in the Pond with Super Rod. (Made good Rod, was a long time ago)

Platinum;
Shiny Shinx
Right below Jubilife. (too Lazy to remember Route #)

HeartGold
Shiny Larvitar
Mt.Silver Entrance.
(is now Shiny Tyranitar.)

Wants = SHINY GLACEON. .__.

RN out.

First shiny was in ss i was in that pokemon park place (forgot wat it's called) and just found a shiny weedle!
that was my first. Ironically the same wek i restarted emerald and found a shiny lotad while looking for ralts XD

I'm a chaining freak. :3

Caught shinies of Magnemite, Larvitar, Doduo, Snubull, Electrike, Voltorb, Bidoof, Starly.

Randomly encountered shiny Roselia once in Pearl, but started a new game.

My favorite encounter though was random shiny Swinub, LG, in the ice caves on like Isle 4. Blue Swinub is coooool.

I entered the bug catching contest yesterday night. And one of the first Pokemon I encountered was a shiny caterpie! :D
I've been playing since the beginning, and this is the first one I ever caught. :p And I even won the bug catching contest with it.

I've never caught a shiny on my own game, but I have loads now, including my shiny deoxys, hooh, lugia dialga and giratina. I also have an insane shiny espeon.

I believe you have a better chance of finding them in caves. Here's why:

I caught a shiny Golbat in Iron Island on Platinum (now a lv.54 Crobat).

My friend caught a Shiny Electrode in Cerulean Cave on HeartGold.

:p

Back