What series is this card from?

nvrBungeeJumped

I think I'm evil!
Just trying to find out what series this card is from?
$(KGrHqJHJE8FFywMRj1UBRgCYOF6jg~~60_3.JPG

Pokemon fan club? Any more with the same set symbol?

RE: what serries is this card from?

If that is the non-glossy one, it was released as an insert in Volume 3 of Pokémon Card Trainers magazine, released in October 1999.

EDIT: Correction - it is the glossy one that was released with the magazine.

I tried looking for this on ebay and couldnt find it =/

Daelum said:
If that is the non-glossy one, it was released as an insert in Volume 3 of Pokémon Card Trainers magazine, released in October 1999.

According to Bulbapedia, it's actually the reverse. The article for this card states that it was the glossy reprint that was available as the magazine insert. The original, non-glossy was given to participants of the first Tropical Mega Battle in 1999*. Based on the "Vol 3" text on the bottom of this card, though, I'd guess it's the glossy reprint.

* - I have no first hand knowledge of this, just reporting what the site says, so for all I know you could be right.

The-Kaiser said:
I tried looking for this on ebay and couldnt find it =/

Try searching for "Bilingual Exeggutor." That's what a lot of people call that card, and it has some listings on eBay right now (one is unpeeled for $20 BIN).

ahh I shall do that :)

wasnt there another Bilingual card also?

Daelum said:

Are there two versions of this card?

Artemis said:
Daelum said:

According to Bulbapedia, it's actually the reverse. The article for this card states that it was the glossy reprint that was available as the magazine insert. The original, non-glossy was given to participants of the first Tropical Mega Battle in 1999*. Based on the "Vol 3" text on the bottom of this card, though, I'd guess it's the glossy reprint.

* - I have no first hand knowledge of this, just reporting what the site says, so for all I know you could be right.

My bad, I got my words mixed up. Thank you for correcting me!!

The-Kaiser said:
wasnt there another Bilingual card also?

The only other bilingual card is the "9th" Lucky Stadium.
Bulbapedia said:
Competitors who earned a place at the Tropical Mega Battle Tournament, held at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, Honolulu between August 26-27, 2000 were awarded a bilingual print with new artwork by Kouichi Ooyama.

SoulWind said:
Daelum said:

Are there two versions of this card?

Yes. There is one released for the TMB competition, and then one released in the magazine. The card is identical, except one is glossy and the other isn't.

It's not actually a set, it's a special release. This isn't the first instance of a Japanese promo getting its own symbol, and I doubt it will be the last, either.

Back