Discussion What Pokémon Do You Want to See as a GX, and Why?

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
Even though Goodra has been featured a lot, I still think it would be fun to see a Goodra GX, as well as some more love for Unova Pokemon, and stuff like a Levanny GX (last time we saw a levanny was in Phantom Forces), and yeah Flareon GX, and the rest, just to complete the eevee evolution family, but I digress... I personally think that Levanny, Pidgeot, Lopunny, Oranguru, and maybe even Miltank would be good choices for GXs!

Last edited by a moderator:

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
Not gonna lie, I'd also like to see a Slaking GX. It is a tough pokemon and it'd look rather cool in GX form, not to mention it hasn't been represented as an ex, Lv.X or EX, and there haven't been that many Slaking cards either.

PokeViper

Playable Froslass!!
Plllllease!!! Please please make a Froslass GX!! There have been like 4 Froslass printed. I think its one of the prettiest. And uniquely designed pokemon. The day we get one is the day I will be truly happy. Heroes to hoping!!

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
Gengar GX would be pretty popular, he's a face everyone knows and loves (or fears), he had some decent cards in the XY era, but wasn't overly used.

Blastoise GX for sure, while he had some EXs in XY, he's a known face and pretty popular, at that.

Banette GX would be fun, he's a little less popular but seems to have a small cult like following, either way he's pretty neat Pokemon.

Yveltal GX would be perfect, he's a marketable legendary and he's a really dope Pokemon.

Greninja GX is almost necessary because of his demo exclusive, I still not sure why there was no Greninja at all in SUM after he was the demo's mascot.

Shiftry GX could be interesting, not as big of a following, but it's definitely a cool Pokemon.

Pidgeot GX is another I think is pretty marketable, he's a face that everyone knows, he wasn't overly printed in XY, and he's just a good Pokemon in general.

Pink Celebi

Aspiring Trainer
I think that Cherrim would be a good pick to give a GX card to, because it's not a card that has gotten any love lately, and it's well centered for kids, being cute and charismatic. Furthermore, the flower gift ability from the video games would be an interesting aspect that could be used somehow in the tcg.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
"Pokemon that are marketable and beloved (so no Seaking-GX, sadly)."

That right there automatically kills the discussion for me. While some of my Pokemon choices might be easier, such as Raichu-GX, Alolan Raichu-GX or Electivire-GX.
The "marketable" may not apply to 2 of my other favorite Pokemon, Honchkrow and Galvantula.

Of course it's impossible to make GXs out of other beloved Pokemon of mine. specifically Ivysaur, Wartortle, Porygon2 and Murkrow, but that I'm fine with since GXs, Lv Xs, and EXs have always been completed forms of Pokemon extended further.

Then you have people who want to see Alakazam return, what do you do about that? Well considering GXs evolve from prior stages, it's highly unlikely the Pokemon company is going to get over their Geller-phobia and release a Kadabra card, so their only option is to make yet another Abra that "Super evolves" into Alakazam-GX

Now what about those people who actually WANT a Seaking-GX? I can't say how much Guardians Rising is selling in comparison to Sun and Moon, or Evolutions, or Steam Siege. But the idea that pokemon HAVE to be marketable and beloved is nonsense. You honestly think players wanted a Wishiwashi-GX? No, players wanted a GOOD Wishiwashi-GX, but you can't always get what you want when it comes to ultra rares. Players and collectors will continue to buy packs and singles for the sake of collection and competition, and, call me crazy, but as a guy who has played Pokemon, YuGiOh, Magic the Gathering, Duel Masters, Weiss Schwarz, Power Rangers, Digimon, and Dragon Ball Z in TCG format, but I don't think it's unusual for trading card companies to make ultra rare cards that are utter trash -COUGHSLAPRASGXSTARCARDSCOUGH-
Can you honestly show me a single Ho-Oh card that has seen competitive play or is insanely expensive because it's a crystal card? Yet they keep printing them. Players WANT good ultra rares but that hasn't stopped Pokemon from making Lapras-GX, Wishiwashi-GX, or Bewear-GX. Some people love Wishiwashi and the idea of it as a full art Rainbow/Hyper rare probably made their day, regardless of the $4-5 value it holds.

Bottom line is, if you want advice on what Pokemon to make a GX out of, but not Pokemon like.... Seaking? Then it was incredibly stupid tp ask, because at that point you may have well have asked "Give me an answer I want".
Profitable Pokemon include Pikachu, the Starter lines, legendaries, pseudo legendaries, Snorlax, Eevees, Gengar, Machamp, Crobat, Lucario, and Aegislash.
They don't wanna hear "Scrafty-GX", or "Beartic-GX" or "Jynx-GX", they wanna hear "Dragonite-GX", "Salamence-GX", and "Togekiss-GX", and god forbid, ANOTHER Mewtwo or Charizard.

I apologize for the ranting, but that one line just absolutely drove me up a wall. If there's one thing I absolutely hate about the Pokemon community (That I feel the need to point out the Digimon community lacks) is the whole "My Charizard is better than your favorite" nonsense.

LatiosKing2216

Likes creative Pokemon stuff
Even though Goodra has been featured a lot, I still think it would be fun to see a Goodra GX, as well as some more love for Unova Pokemon, and stuff like a Levanny GX (last time we saw a levanny was in Phantom Forces), and yeah Flareon GX, and the rest, just to complete the eevee evolution family, but I digress... I personally think that Levanny, Pidgeot, Lopunny, Orangura, and maybe even Miltank would be good choices for GXs!

I like the idea of Goodra-GX as well, hopefully something viable too considering it's past cards haven't really been playable. As for the Eeveelution GX's, they could have Vaporeon, Flareon and Jolteon in one set and then have Glaceon and Leafeon come out a set or two after.

thflame

Aspiring Trainer
All I want is a PLAYABLE Charizard card. Doesn't need to be a GX.

As for GX cards, fully evolved Starters and legendary/mythical Pokemon that don't already have one. Add in some Pseudo-legendary Pokemon like Tyranitar.

AquaDragon82

The Canadian Gamer
I'm going to go with something that we haven't a good/relevant card of in a while: Regigigas-GX since he's just a cool Pokemon. And on that note, Regice-GX and Registeel-GX would also be interesting. Regirock-GX would also be cool, but we just had Regirocl-EX a few sets ago.

sw_bionic

Aspiring Trainer
Please give new life to fossils, It would be amazing to have Kabutops GX, Aerodactyl GX, Armaldo GX and they could even include Tyrantrum GX to refresh the newest fossils. On the other hand, I would like to see some "former" powerful pokemon, such as Nidoking GX, Salamence GX, Golem GX, Flygon GX, Blaziken GX, Kingler GX and my two favorite Pokemon Tyranitar GX and Steelix GX for obvious reasons ;)

PokeRobUK

GyaraPro986
My top Pokémon which could be a GX would be:
1. Raikou
2. Zekrom
3. Zapdos
Then lightning could finally be more playable. (hopefully)

Olimar.Inc

Aspiring Trainer
I all I want is Cresselia-GX or maybe Regigigas-GX.
Or maybe just have a Genesect-GX.....I know I'm just a fatty just picking out legends.

Might seem dumb but maybe Mega GXs?

Olimar.Inc

Aspiring Trainer
Garchomp, Arceus and Wailord for sure!! Wailord the most because I think it will be even more powerful and hard to KO. Arceus because the last one was a Lvl.X and Garchomp because he is just awesome looking.
With that Wailord-GX could have 350 hp :^)

CaloCaro

Aspiring Trainer
Here is a list of Pokemon which should have (in my opinion) a GX card:
1. Zoroark
2. Roserade
3. Mismagius
4. Lucario
5. Meloetta
6. Victini

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
Please give new life to fossils, It would be amazing to have Kabutops GX, Aerodactyl GX, Armaldo GX and they could even include Tyrantrum GX to refresh the newest fossils. On the other hand, I would like to see some "former" powerful pokemon, such as Nidoking GX, Salamence GX, Golem GX, Flygon GX, Blaziken GX, Kingler GX and my two favorite Pokemon Tyranitar GX and Steelix GX for obvious reasons ;)
I can defo see an Alola Golem GX happening tbph

Then you have people who want to see Alakazam return, what do you do about that? Well considering GXs evolve from prior stages, it's highly unlikely the Pokemon company is going to get over their Geller-phobia and release a Kadabra card, so their only option is to make yet another Abra that "Super evolves" into Alakazam-GX.
On one hand you could call it Geller-phobia, on the other they're probs not considering printing an Alakazam GX as at this moment in time, an agreement has yet to be reached regarding the Kadabra case.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Now's my chances!

I would really love to see a Pidgeot-GX, along with it's Mega Evolution. Pidgeot is a Pokemon the fandom generally likes and is one I consider at least Gengar Tier Popular, meaning this is a Pokemon the community doesn't mind seeing in media. There are a few Pokemon in this tier, such as, Gengar, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Scizor, Gallade, Dragonite, and a few others I can't think of but most people don't mind much if these Pokemon show up and tend to be "top dog" in their respective group of Pokemon.

That said, many people are still waiting for Ash to get his Pidgeot back, which tells me people still care about this Pokemon and these Pokemon come from my age group so printing a Pidgeot-GX as a chase card can bring back those people to the game since they remember the Pokemon from the anime and movies.

I'd just like for a Pidgeot-GX to be playable and to have a Pidgey and Pidgeotto to be playable. Pidgeot, like Gengar are popular though Pidgeotto and Haunter, since they had more screen time than their final forms so I would like to see is Pidgeotto function similarly to Frogadier 39/122 where it can put down other Pidgeotto directly on the Bench. I'm pretty sure most Pokemon fans would want to see a Pidgeot-GX and I can see at least one other person wants this.

I know I want this because I like seeing the evolution of the Pokemon. Vileplume has always been a disruptive Pokemon in the TCG and tends to prevent play. Pidgeot has also found a niche as a disruptive Pokemon that can do damage when it needs to but seems to function as a Pokemon that makes the opponent need one or two more cards to do something. To me, it isn't a Pokemon that wants to do random things but it has been ether supportive or disruptive, both being able to do good damage.

Another Pokemon I think deserves a GX is Zangoose. It's a Pokemon with lore that I feel doesn't get much attention. Zangoose is a Pokemon with a fan base and while not Gengar Tier Popular, it is still a Pokemon that fans wouldn't be upset that got a GX card. Zangoose never got a ultra rare card. Pidgeot just got it's first ultra rare card, which is sad for a Pokemon that popular but Zangoose also needs one.

Zangoose has had Abilities that prevented Special Conditions done to it and a few cards also focused on spread/snipe damage, which could help bring the play style back. It could even have a GX attack that lets it do this job better. Naturaly, Seviper should also have a GX. I don't like how Pokemon apart of trios, groups, etc often missed a card. We don't have a Regice-EX, but Regirock and Registeel have one. Articuno-EX has a full art but Zapdos and Moltres don't. Zapdos and Articuno have a full art in Generations but not Moltres. Latias never got its Mega Evolution card but Latios did. Suicune never got a EX but but the other two did. This as became too common and the players don't like it, since we expect certain things from Pokemon groups.

I also want a Vaporeon-GX, Articuno-GX, Zapdos-GX, Moltres-GX (as reprints of the Articuno ex, Zapdos ex, Moltres ex from ex Fire Red Leaf Green) but I don't worry about these as much since these Pokemon tend to get these kind of cards.

I hope I made my case and am willing to expand on any of this.