Discussion What Pokémon Do You Want to See as a GX, and Why?

riChchestMat

Aspiring Trainer
Alolan Raichu GX. It's a signature Alolan pokémon that has been under represented (we have mainstream ordinary raichu getting a card first) and it would look awesome. However that's not enough.
No.
Bring back dual types too.
Alolan Raichu Lightning/Psychic in orange and purple. The full art would be amazing.

Luddedboi75

Aspiring Trainer
I would like to see Flareon GX, because it's my favorite pokemon. I think it could be very good with the energy evolution Eevee as well. Also it seems logical to print another eeveelution, because Sylveon, Espeon and Umbreon have already got GX cards. Flareon is very cute, so I'm sure that if we get a Flareon GX, the artwork is gonna be very cool!

Emaxx2013

Aspiring Trainer
In my personal list of pokémon that could become some day a GX card they would be:
*Gallade-GX we´re about to get Gardevoir-GX, it would be so logical to get their counterpart, maybe they could compenetrate into a unique deck, with SM4; also it's so cool in design, one of my favourites pokémon
*Wobbuffet-GX it would look so derpy and frindly haha
*Porygon-Z GX i love this pokémon, it's always related with technology and software
*Togekiss-GX my favourite pokémon, it's so lovable, so it could be profitable haha [a catch for making it]

Butt3rBob

Aspiring Trainer
I'd like to see a Donphan GX because thats my favorite Pokémon. But also the last Donphan card that was printed was in Plasma Storm, which was 17 Sets ago back in 2012.

SuperTrainerSamYT

Aspiring Trainer
Hawlucha GX would be awesome. lots of people are a fan of this pokemon, and it could be a great gx because of its speed ( it could have a turbo play style) and its potential to have a great GX attack.

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
I know that Vaporeon is already pretty loved in the tcg, but I would still really love an awesome Vaporeon GX. Not only because it's my favorite Pokemon but because Espeon, Umbreon and Sylveon have already gotten GX's. And of course, it would be awesome to see Flareon and Jolteon GX alongside it. Would give more use to the energy evolution eevee, too!
I completely agree! (says the one with a Flareon EX card as his profile picture).

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
I'd like to see a Venusaur GX as well. Sure it might not be as popular as Blastoise or Charizard, but I do think Venusaur needs more love.

Almost definitely. It would be an awful business decision to do otherwise, considering the fan following Alolan Raichu has
Oh yeah, Alola Raichu is defo popular. Also there is the fact that it hasn't been in a main set yet either, and I'm sure it'll be a cover card in said set internationally.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
The problem with the TCG currently is that their decisions for the big hitters makes no sense. You'd think in a set like burning shadows you would find Alolan Marowak GX, Blaziken GX, etc. However, they instead prefer to use the same Pokemon. Pikachu, Gardevoir, Mewtwo, and Charizard have been in a cycle for the past several months.

I get it, Pokemon is a company. Companies have their methods of gaining revenue and relevance. That's understandable. However, when they ignore Pokemon from the spotlight, it'll simply make them depend more on the same select Pokemon until it does more harm than good.

I won't lie. The format currently isn't terrible. It's much better than the awful Mega Ray/Shaymin and M Mewtwo format. However, they wouldn't lose much if they actually paid attention to more than 5 out of the 700+ Pokemon

leafnotgrass

Aspiring Trainer
Eventually I'd like to see each of the legendary pokemon have a GX version but I'd start with Raikou, Entei, Rayquaza and Giratina.
Raikou - Tapu Koko has helped the lightning meta but it still needs some big help before we see top 8 finishes for lightning decks. A butt-kicking Raikou that had some synergy with Tapu-koko would go a long way. I think Pokemon is a lot more fun with lightning decks as part of the meta.
Entei is just really cool and with Volcanion aging Fire will need a replacement, who better?
Rayquaza/Giratina - These are just badass pokemon and it would be great to see a dragon deck in top 8's again as well.

Koopy

SKT
I would love a Torterra GX because it's my favorite Pokemon, but it is unlikely due to it getting a card down the road anyways... :^)

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I've been feeling a want for Alolan Exeggutor GX. Since PCL has been bringing back cards that were playable in their time, it would make sense for them to bring back Propagation Exeggcute. If that happened, that would be a perfect time to release the Alolan Exeggutor.
Because of the silly design and the meme of how long it's neck is, it appeals to both kids and adults. And being a gen 1 Pokemon, the older fans can feel nostalgia for it, and give them a reason to try to pull it, and fans who stopped playing years ago can come back to the game. It should be a 220 HP grass type with its first attack costing 1 energy for 30 damage, and a decently competitive viable effect.

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
Wailord GX, 300 HP, Its GX move could do spread damage and discard stuff
I feel like Roserade GX could have Toxic Spikes and a GX move that discards the active Pokémon if it's poisoned

Pokémon_ForLife

Aspiring Trainer
I would love to see Xerneas gx Lugia Gx Dialga Gx Latias Gx Zygarde gx Cobalion gx Virizion gx Diancie Gx Hoppa gx and Arceus Gx because they all are amazing Pokémon and it will be awesome to see them in gx cards !!!!!!

Nyora

A Cat
I'm going to only list my top 5 suggestions for GXs, because I have a lot more.

Simi-GXs. Well, I feel your looking for mons that'll sell out, they could at least do Simisear, Simisage, and Simipour-GXs, as they print those so often, but they're never good. These 3 have been been with us constantly since Black and White, and I think it's about time they got a little more attention. Not saying they'd be excellent cards, just these appaear so often they might as well have their chance to stand out. They're cute, well-known and deserve a little extra love!

2. Bug-type GX's. Mainly talkin Vivillon here, as it was widely known for having a large number of colorful patterns, while it didn't get much attention, I feel mainly the colors could help it stand out. A Vivillon-GX with say, 3 or 4 patterns on it put on it in a beautiful way would sell out so fast! People buy cute cards! However, besides Vivillon, we don't have many Bug GXs, or even many Bug type EXs for that matter. Pokémon Bug types can sell easily for their cuteness or just the plain look

3. Wailord-GX. Few Pokémon in the TCG have stood out as being the best I felt their kind, and while in the games, Blissey tips out the HP stat with 255, in the TCG, Wailord-EX has the the highest with 250 HP! Now, Evolved GXs tend to have more HP than Basic-GXs, so I'd imagine this would have a ton of HP, up to 300 even!

4. Arceus-GX. Still light in the topic of Standing out, we'll notice that certain types have their certain things to them. Grass has a lot of healing and poison power, fire can burn opponent's and do a lot of damage, metal tends to have ways to take less damage, etc. Now, there are now 2 mons which can be all of these types, being Arceus and Silvally. Arceus obviously stands out for being one of the most powerful Pokémon in existence, as well as being able to be any type thanks to its Multitype Ability. Now, and Arceus-GX would be cool, we'd all love that, however, I think it'd be a really good idea to make it kind of stand out in what it and only 1 other can do- be every type. (not at the same time, but you know what I mean) That said, I think some sort of Ability or attack, or even something like the Arceus cards in the Platinum sets I think, where they are all just different types, would stand out very well, especially to have attacks that, to kids, are "awesome". An Arceus-GX somehow being able to use all of the TCG types to its advantage would be a very god idea.

5. Milotic-GX. (And Gyarados-GX) Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one, but @Water Pokémon Master said he'd only suggest it once someone else suggests it. And honestly, it's a great idea! Milotic (and especially Gyarados) have always been seen as Beautiful (and powerful) Pokémon, and they stand out very well to a ton of Pokémon fans! GX forms of these, especially of they had some sort of connection with each other in how the cards work, would not only be very cool but it'd be very popular among some Pokémon fans as well, especially those that have Milotic or Gyarados as their favorite Pokémon!

Low-Key Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Eventually I'd like to see each of the legendary pokemon have a GX version but I'd start with Raikou, Entei, Rayquaza and Giratina.
Raikou - Tapu Koko has helped the lightning meta but it still needs some big help before we see top 8 finishes for lightning decks. A butt-kicking Raikou that had some synergy with Tapu-koko would go a long way. I think Pokemon is a lot more fun with lightning decks as part of the meta.
Entei is just really cool and with Volcanion aging Fire will need a replacement, who better?
Rayquaza/Giratina - These are just badass pokemon and it would be great to see a dragon deck in top 8's again as well.

We're getting Entei GX in the October set, Shining Legends. If it has synergy with Volcanion, that deck will become unstoppable