XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

Whitefire said:
Whitefire said:
I usually aim for type diversity, even if it meant nixing things i liked. This gen i thought i'd toss that out and pick my favs. Thankfully I like most of this gen [exclusive fairy evos why gamefreak why].

I'd hope for my first runthrough to be all new mons, so that takes out Blazi and Chari, leaving two spots

Without the Chari I would need another mon for sky battles, so i guess Noivern could fill that gap.

Delphox [fire/psy]
Talonflame [fire/fly]
Pyroar [fire/normal]
Noivern [fly/drag]
Skrelp final [poison/water][type assumption]
__________ [open]

Open to anything except fairies that are not Xerneas and past gen mons o3o

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: Could you maybe give us the options to choose from? I have some ideas, but since you don't want to be spoiled I'm not sure if I can tell them or not. *

Oh, ok. I know the Goomy line, Hawlucha, Aegislash, um, idk much else of the leaked things, though i did get a glance at some i didnt want to see but oh well;

Clawitzer, Draga-something, Z legend [this one was thanks to facebook], Noibat [saw a picture on tumblr this thing is adorable]
helioptile would be good as a special sweeper and
it would fit perfectly in that team of his :)

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

Now that everything is pretty much on the table:

Main game team:

Greninja: As it being Water/Fighting and it's ability to learn a pretty wide range of moves that all seem to hit pretty hard, I think I have to go with Froakie. I've never been a big fan of keeping starters into post game though.

Malamar: I know there is going to be a 4x weakness to Bug type, but Dark/Psychic is a nasty combo. Beyond that, Topsy-turvy is a move I have been waiting for since Gen2.

Dragalge: Even though I cannot pronounce this thing's name for the life of me, I still want it. I think it is one of the most beautiful designs that GF has come up with in a loooong time and the type combo makes me want it more. The only thing I dislike is that Klefki and Mawile are going to be a problem for this guy.

Togekiss: I guess this would really depend on if it gets to be Fairy/Flying, which seems inevitable.

Agislash: Steel/Ghost has been a type that I have wanted to a VERY long time and am very happy to see it in action. Funnily enough it is exactly as i would have designed it. The only downside is that it now is weak to Ghost and Dark since the revamp on Steel types.

Blaziken: I know it is over played but I think it will round out my team nicely. Again, I probably won't keep it very long after E4.

I actually might replace Malimar with Aurorus (sp?)....I haven't decided.

Rion said:
I actually might replace Malimar with Aurorus (sp?)....I haven't decided.
Hmm, both seem pretty good, malimar with topsy-turvey and aurorus's ability refrigerate. Either one would be good.

I know there are so many Pokemon I want of the same type, but after a long discussion with myself, heres what my team may look like (with leaked Pokemon). Also, this is an IN GAME team. Not competitive (as we don't know base stats yet).

Greninja - Water/Dark:

I'll be honest. I've used water in all but two Gens (2 and 3 respectively), so I'm going to stick to my guns, and pick Froakie. I love frogs. LOVE THEM. So naturally, if they want to give me a frog to start off. I'm not going to say no. Plus Water/Dark looks like a great typing, along with his signature move, what's not to love? Chespin looks cool, and I hate Fennekin.

Gourgeist - Ghost/Grass:

I love Halloween. I carve 30 Pumpkins for it, get myself all done up in a costume and dish out the cavities (the candy obviously). So for there to be a Pumpkin Pokemon now? I'm not saying no to this either. Grass/Ghost also looks like a fun typing, and I'm sticking to my second favorite type, Grass. The additional Ghost typing can help me through some tricky matchups. Looks like a fun Pokemon with several formes.

Trevenant: Ghost/Grass:

Yes yes I know. Two Pokemon of the same type on a team?! Ludicrous! However, I loved this guy when I saw him. And I'm not just going to say because I have the typing on my team, I'm not picking this guy. That's crazy talk. He also looks like a physical attacker, where as Gourgeist looks to me to be more of a Special Attack/Special Defense user, and Trevenant looks like Attack/Defense.

Talonflame - Fire/Flying:

I feel like Staraptor will always be my favorite bird. However I digress. This Pokemon still looks better than Hawlucha. This typing of Fire/Flying will be a great in-game typing as it can ward off Ice, although is a glaring Stealth Rock weakness (Charizard anyWUN). He also looks like a Physical Attacker. Which I think is cool enough as it is. Also, everyone needs to Fly right? So here's my in-game Flyer.

Meowstick - Psychic

I actually love cats. Did you know? Of course you don't. Not until now anyway. I always like a Psychic type on my team and this is one cool cat! It looks like to me to be another Special Attacker. So much fun will be had here. I'm really stoked about Gen 6, as it looks to me to be comparable to Gen 2, which reins as my favorite.

Avalugg - Ice:

A mixed wall. OR so it looks. Even if it turns out to be one or the other, I'll be happy to tank hits and dish them back out. Ice is another type I feel is needed on most in game teams (for me). I also just love this guy. He looks SOOO BAD ASS!!! I also think that this guy may have a good move pool. Based on his looks, he probably won't, but I love this guy so I'm gonna catch it! :)

Well, thats my team. Fell free to critique it if you want. It wont change until I get X and Y in my hands (however I'm getting both, and building two different teams. This is my team for Y).

So...the ENTIRE Pokedex...has been revealed.....guess that means I can officially have six members on my team now.

Fennekin, Braxien, Delphox
Game Freak did it.
They made a mage. THEY MADE A WIZARD.
It's so amazing! It can create a VORTEX OF FIRE.
And finally, we have a Fire starter that isn't part Fighting type! YAAAAAAY!
I also look forward to petting her in Amie....I've seen some videos of her...
Tsundre Delphox.

I'll go back to my corner.

She will be Princess Pyr. I don't care. I always get the female.

Skiddo, Gogoat
Yeah yeah, we know.
It's a goat you can ride, based on a motorcycle.
And it can feel you through its horns.
We've gone through this a hundred times. Or three.

I have decided on the name of Leafhorn.

Swirlix, Surpluff
Everyone is getting a fairy this generation. Sure I'm getting Y version, but I can't get myself to like Spritzee and her oompa loompa-ish evolution. Terrifying.

His/Her name will be Shoogs.

Skrelp, Dragalage
Did not expect a dragon for this guy. I was actually wanting to get Clauncher, but then Dragalage and his awesome looks and typing won me over.
Plus, I'm going to need a Fairy Slayer.

His name will be Oydus.

POSSIBLE ADDITIONS

Mega Abomasnow
Love at first sight when I saw this beauty. Icicle shards sticking out of his back, more abominable added to his already yeti-like look. I like this guy. However, he's a grass/ice type, and that may mess up my team a little bit.

Gourgheist.
Aww! It's so adorable!
Look at the little floating plant!
Wait, Grass/Ghost?
I'll think about you....

Hauchula.
Óle!
That's the first thought that came to me when I saw this flying wrestler bird.
But whoah! Flying/Fighting?
How am I supposed to use you?
And you're a standalone?
C'mon.

Wait, that wasn't six?
Oh well.
Maybe I'll use other gen 'mons.
I'm considering on removing Gogoat....

Thoughts on my team?
Is it broken?
Perfect?

I'm torn between Charizard and Blastoise from the Kanto region. That puts me in a difficult situation because Greninja is the only tolerable Kalos starter (though I did really enjoy the Basic and Stage 1 designs). I'll likely end up with Greninja and Charizard but here is my fantasy team:

Greninja: Best of the three Kalos starters (solely a design opinion).
Charizard: Great type albeit not my favorite (would prefer Blastoise).
Ampharos: Ever since I saw the Mega evolution I knew I *have* to have this guy! Such luscious hair! In all seriousness though, Ampharos has always been one of my favorites and I am happy to see it receive some attention. Hopefully I can nab one early in the main plot.
Gengar: One of my all-time favorites. And a classic to boot!
Crobat: I will only include this in my team if I can get on early. If not, probably Talonflame. I would feel guilty using a move slot on Charizard for Fly.
Undecided: I am keeping one slot open for my favorite Kalos Pokémon. At the moment I don't have one, so I am likely going to be changing the last member of my team quite often! Though I do prefer most of the original designs (series one and two), I don't want to miss out on what the new generation has to offer.

SoulWind said:
I'm torn between Charizard and Blastoise from the Kanto region. That puts me in a difficult situation because Greninja is the only tolerable Kalos starter (though I did really enjoy the Basic and Stage 1 designs). I'll likely end up with Greninja and Charizard but here is my fantasy team:

Greninja: Best of the three Kalos starters (solely a design opinion).
Charizard: Great type albeit not my favorite (would prefer Blastoise).

Yeah that sounds about right. I think for the rest of my team I might go:

Tyrantrum: Knew this guy would be on here ever since they revealed Tyrunt. Beautiful design, typing, stats (supposedly), and ability. Can't go wrong.

Gardevoir: That is, unless Gallade gets something cool this Gen. She's always been a personal favorite but I could never find her a good place on my team. Now with her new type combo, I think she'd make a good fit. (Yes, I use gender specific pronouns when describing certain Pokemon. It's just easier that way)

Blazekin: Really this is just if I decide to use him and Venusaur with Greninja. Speed Boost Blazekin is just too broken for me to use without feeling like I'm guilty of cheating. That being said...

Venusaur: Why GF? Why must you give a good pokemon with a finally useful poison type and decent "Mega-Ability" a design that makes it look like it grew a leaf or two. Honestly... So much potential there. Regardless, Venusaur might be pretty good for my team along side Greninja and Blazekin.

And finally, I'm keeping an empty slot or two for another Gen 6 poke so I'm not married to a team before the game is even released. Possibly Helioptile? Yeah that might work.

Hey, me again. After close consideration; I have tweaked each of my teams and will be reserving my dragon team for endgame. As it stands both teams will follow a set of rules for no recurring types, and no more then one mega per team.
Pokemon X (Male)
Chesnaught: Gotta have my favorite starter on one of these teams
Talonflame: Preferred over Pyroar
Clawitzer: Reason I was buying X to start
Tyrantrum: Best fossil ever
Malamar: Favorite dreamed type combo
Heliolisk/Galvantula: love electric types and Galvantula is my favorite pokemon yet. But only if i can find Joltik before national dex

Pokemon Y (Female)
Delphox: Like the typing, unoffical artwork helped me warm up to the design
Pangoro: I liked him before but other starter types conflicted
Mawhile: One of my top favorite pokemon with a great mega
Gourgeist: Preferred over Trevenant
Dragalge: Awesome typing, looks amazing
Aurorus: sure the typing is bad but I just really like dinosaurs

No, I have no idea why the female play through has more feminine Pokemon! It just sorta happened that way, I swear!

Help on Choosing your Team for Pokemon X and Y

Heya everyone, I made this thread so people who need help choosing their teams actually get help! If it is what people think a pointless thread I will close it down :D
Lets Start this off, I need help choosing 1 more pokemon for my team.

~Greninja
~Charizard
~Lucario
~Aegislash
~Noivern
~???

Id Prefer a pokemon that Is balanced with the team in terms of being defensive/attackative and I prefer a Pokémon that is not one of the types I already have in my team!

Enjoy using this Thread :D

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: I merged your thread with the in-game team thread due to the similar purposes.*

LordChaos246 said:
Whitefire said:
Oh, ok. I know the Goomy line, Hawlucha, Aegislash, um, idk much else of the leaked things, though i did get a glance at some i didnt want to see but oh well;

Clawitzer, Draga-something, Z legend [this one was thanks to facebook], Noibat [saw a picture on tumblr this thing is adorable]
helioptile would be good as a special sweeper and
it would fit perfectly in that team of his :)

Helioderp it is, forgot about that thing |D

Delphox [fire/psy]
Talonflame [fire/fly]
Pyroar [fire/normal]
Noivern [fly/drag]
Skrelp final [poison/water][type assumption]
Heliolisk [elec/normal]

Thanks guys ovo b [is there a place to figure out your character names yet? I had mine set months ago but now i don't think i like it ASDFG]

Ooh, the amount of times my team has changed over the last eight months is unaccounted for.

As of now I think I've got a definite five, still deciding on a sixth and even then I haven't seen all the available Pokémon just yet..

Fennekin (Fire/Psychic)
Fletchling (Flying/Fire)
Inkay (Psychic/Dark)
Clauncher (Water)
Klefki (Steel/Fairy)
??? (Possibly one of the new Fossil Pokémon, unless I'm swayed by a newer Pokémon I've yet to see!)

Hello everyone! It's my first post!

My planned X/Y team:
1. Aegislash - it's stats and ability are quite strange, but in general it's amazing!
2. Golurk - well, it's MUST, it can learn fighting-type attacks and FLY (Drifblim is.., awful). And is really cool!
3. Chandelure - pure power
4. Trevenant - the love from the first sight! And it's ghost!
5. Mismagius (if it's in the Dex... I hope it received Fairy second typing) > Jellicent (if it's in the Dex... It's useful because of SURF... and I like it a lot) > Sableye (only if it has really good MEGA form) > Gourgeist (I don't like it right now. Need to see the second form/more photos) > Banette (if it had good mega) > Gengar

I'd prefer to have only 5-members team (with 6 it's too easy) - if more than 1 from the fifth point will be available, there will be rotation.

I decided to name a team of pokemon after Musicians:

Goodra Pink Floyd (Pink F) Sounds funny, I love goodra dat goomy.

Talonflame Daft Punk (Daft P). I knew I would fall in love with this as soon as I saw it.

Chesnaught Cooper .(Alice Cooper) Best starter by far, I think it fits well with my teams chemistry.

Blastoise Boston. Love the More than a Feeling. And was my bros favourite pokemon.

Aeigislash Madness. Aeigislash seems very unique and I love its typing.

Auroros Coldplay (Cold P) I see what you did there :cool:. Its typing seems fun to use.

So far, for sure, I've got:

Fennekin>>Delphox I fip-flopped between Chespin and Fennekin since their reveal but their final evolutions sealed it for me.

and

Goomy>>Goodra Goomy is life. All hail Goomy!

I'm considering Noibat>Noivern mainly because Noibat is adorable and I've always liked Noivern but that would put another (half) dragon on my team. Not that it matters as I don't play competitively but I do like a little variety. It looks like they may not show up until later though.. I like having my entire team together fairly early. Hm..

Bulbasaur>>Venusaur Because I'm a Bulbasaur fan. <3

Eevee>Sylveon I'm all about Eeveelutions and I'm curious about the fairy type.

I kind of like Pumpkaboo>Gourgeist but that just may be because this time of year is my favorite and I'm kind of in a pumpkin mood right now. I don't know how I'll feel about it once Halloween is over..
Plus, that'd be another (half) grass and I need to look at water types.. Really disappointed in the lack of variety thereof in this gen. I prefer using as many new pokemon as possible but that only leaves me with Clauncher and Binacle.. Neither of which I find appealing in the least.

I thought putting a party together in this gen would be easy.. I've never been so wrong.

Chesnaught - #TeamChespin since day 1 so yeah.

Charizard Y - Always been a fan of Charizard and to relive those first memories of carrying a Kanto starter is awesomesauce.

Pangoro - Liked Pancham. LOVED Pangoro. He look's so badass esp. with the cape thingy.

Dragalge - Poison/Dragon is <3. And it looks awesome. or if Dratini is catchable pre-E4, then Dragonite it is. He's my bro Pokemon so I always have to have one in my team. :3 (on that note, anyone actually know if Dratini is catchable before post-game? I mean it was shown in the trailer but I haven't seen it in the leaked Dexes.)

Florges/Sylveon - I'm really curios how useful Fairy type will be and what their movesets will be. Would've picked Mawile, but I haven't heard anything about Mawilite being available early in the game.

??? - Probably a 'mon that can learn fly coz it's like a necessity. haha.

My team:

Greninja (Water/Dark) - He's the best looking starter and I tend to generally pick the water starter during my first play through. For the story mode, I like hard hitting Pokemon and Greninja fits that perfectly. Seems to have very good speed. Will also take care of being my Pokemon to surf around with.

Charizard (Fire/Flying)/(Fire/Dragon) - There aren't many fire types in this region and I wanted to use just one Pokemon with a mega evolution just so I can try out the new mechanic. It has well balanced stats generally and I can only imagine how good his mega form will be. Will learn Fly.

Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon) - I immediately put him into my team after I saw his art work. Been waiting so long for an actual T-rex Pokemon. His typing means that he'll cover my need for ground type moves and dragon type moves.

Aeigislash (Steel/Ghost) - I felt like I needed a steel type as there's no doubt fairy types will be prominent in this game. It should keep them in check and I love the way he looks. He's also able to change formes so it adds to his uniqueness.

Trevenant (Ghost/Grass) - You always need a grass type in my opinion. Will also teach him Psychic (providing he can learn it) and a poison type move (again to keep fairies in check).

Sylveon (Fairy) - You aren't doing this gen correctly if you don't have a fairy type. First time in 4 generations that we have a new type and I'm excited to try it out. Should be perfectly capable. I just hope it isn't too difficult to find an Eevee.

I've been putting some thought into this lately, and the following are my picks for my team so far, in order of finality:

Greninja: When XY information was first coming out and the starters were released, I instantly fell in love with Fennekin. However, the more information that's been released, the more and more I've been nudging myself towards the Froakie line. With the news about getting the Kanto starters early game, the final evolutions of the Kalos starters, and the release of Mega Charizard X it's only been getting harder, and in the end I decided to start off with Froakie instead. It was a difficult choice, but in the end, I think this will prove the best for my team. Plus, Greninja is just damn cool looking; who wouldn't love a frog ninja?

Charizard: This probably should have been obvious in the bit I wrote up about Greninja, but I think Charizard will be an excellent addition to my team, especially with the awesome new Mega Forms. The X Dragon form is actually pretty cool as well. I don't always have a Fire-type on my team, but he always doubles as my Flying-type which is nice, so I don't have to worry about having another flyer on my team, leaving the rest of my spaces more open.

Sylveon: I can't wait to use the new type, and Sylveon seems like a good choice. I've always been a fan of Eevee and its evolutions, and it would be a shame to not use the newest one on my final team. I'm not actually sure what kind of a place in my team Sylveon will take (aside from DRAGON SLAYER), but I'm open-minded.

Goodra: Ohman, ohman, as soon as I saw the picture of Goomy I started making cute sounds, and I haven't stopped since then, even though that was several days ago now. I haven't loved a Dragon-type line this much since first gen with the Dratini line (Deino line came very close, but didn't quite make it). I guess if it absolutely sucks battle-wise (it would have to be really, really bad) I might trade it for something else, but in the meantime, I'm still squee-ing.

I'm still debating on the last 2 spots, but here are some of my contenders:

Dragalge: I was pretty keen on Skrelp when he was released, and his Poison/Dragon evolution just gives him more awesome points. I will likely use him for at least a bit when I get him, but how much use he'll get will likely depend on his overall usefulness and how well he balances with the other members of my team.
Tyrantrum/Aurorus: I love both the fossils, but I haven't yet discussed with my husband which of us will be getting which. Whichever one I end up with will likely get at least some use, depending on type coverage.
Aegislash: This whole evolution line is just so cool, and it would be really nice to have a Steel-type on the team, considering how prevalent Fairy-types will likely be.
Meowstick/Malimar/other Psychic-type???: I pretty much always have a Psychic-type on my team, and was originally planning on it to be the Fennekin line, but plans have since changed. However, I'm not sure I would pick either Meowstick or Malimar over the other 3 options above that I'm debating. I do like the Ralts line, but I'd much rather use 6th gen Pokémon (Charizard gets a pass because of his awesome Mega form and because he's Charizard). So, I may be playing without a Psychic-type, or I may use one of these (or another Psychic-type) if some of my other Poképlans don't work out as well as hoped.

-----

Also, alternate team, gogogogogo~

I've never played through with a type-focused team before, and I'm kind of debating doing it with Dragon-type this game since there are so many cool dragons! Goomy (pure Dragon), Dragalge (Poison/Dragon), Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon), and Noivern (Flying/Dragon) would round things out nicely, but I'm not sure what to do for the other 2. Charizard seems kind of cheating since it's only a Dragon-type in its mega form. It's something I'm toying around with, though. :p

Must... resist... urge... to keep Fletchling unleveled and to have the "Top Percentage of Fletchlings."
I shall name him 'Relentless', and he shall SWEEP, like a GOD! O_O

Or I may just use him in Little Cup, probably more viable that way.. :p

But seriously, X/Y has SOO many amazing Pokemon, I just can't fit it all on one team. I'll have to make a team for every Tier, and even then I doubt I could fit all my favorite old and new Pokemon.. >_<

Mmmm i am debating with myself if i will have charizard and greninja or delphox and blastoise. I was team fenneking since the beginning, with delphox leaked i was a bit disappointed, but now that i saw the official artwork and more movement of the pokemon with the wand, my love is coming back again, little by little. I think it will end up being charizard greninja, but i don't know until i have the game in my hands.

The one that i will get for sure, is my man pangoro. I love that thing so much! Also dragalge seems a pretty good adition to the team. Tyrunt, i wanted him at first because i like it so much, but i am not sure if 2 dragon types are convenient so i guess i will have to choose only one. Also i don't know if i can get bagon early, because salamence is probably my fav dragon type, and i want to try him too. Respecting fairies...Well i don't like most of them, but i think i will try granbull now that is fairy or florges (i admit it looks very girly, but is cool anyway) I want to give trevenant a go, so i hope is not X exclusive or i will die.

Back