XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
As the title states, post the Pokemon you see yourself putting in your team in X/Y. Don't just post one Pokemon, but do post the ones you are considering and why. Update your list if anything changes as well! X & Y is bound to be full of new Pokemon we'll grow to love, so feel free to come back and change it up! Just explain your choices!

Be sure to include your starter choices including the Kanto Starters, Kalos Starters, and the Torchic event Pokemon. Don't feel too inclined to post competitive aspects, as some people just like to put their favorites in their party!

To keep discussion fresh and about X & Y, don't include Pokemon you aren't sure you can catch in X or Y. This includes things you can transfer over from other games! That comes later as the Pokemon Transporter app is not immediately available! Feel free to include Mega evolutions though!

Post your "fantasy" list!

To allow for more discussion to be had, you should consider including some of the following in your post:
  • Why did you choose the Pokémon? Explain why you prefer the typing or design over others
  • Do you rotate or make frequent changes to your team? Explain your preference (is it smarter, more fun, and why do you think this?)
  • Do you pay attention to type coverage or only to whether you like a Pokémon or not?
  • To what extent will knowing the base stats of Pokémon affect your in-game team?
  • Will you only use Pokémon from this generation or also Pokémon from previous generations if possible?
Posts that do not include any reasoning for your choices will be removed. *[mod]Drohn[/mod]

RE: Your X&Y Team?

You can use both the new Pokemon and the old ones seen in the trailers :)

My team right now is:
(X)
Froakie
Helioptile
Flabébé
Fletchling (Talonflame)
Ralts (Gallade)
Maybe Aurotto or Gogoat

(Y)
Chespin
Inkay (Malamar)
Skrelp

I might use Vivillion, but it depends on if its a Butterfree'ish Pokemon or if its a Leavanny/Scolipede'ish Pokemon..
My teams are loosely based on appearances, but if a new Pokemon with good stats (although I do not care that much about stats) and movepools come out, also I tend to not rotate my teams so I'll probably keep it that way.

Fennekin (or Chespin, depending on what Litleo evolves into)
Litleo (see above)
Talonflame (so many fire types so far)
Noivern
Flabebe (if it evolves into something useful)
Helioptile (see above)

But really, this list will definitely change after the other new Pokemon are revealed.

Chespin/froakie (i can't decide)
Litleo
Noivern
Sylveon (to try out the fairy type)
Talonflame
...(I'll wait and see for number six)

Edit: or golurk for number six if it's in the regional dex

Fennekin
Fletchling
Golett
Eevee (Envolves into Espeon)
Helioptile

The last one is either
Bagon (If salamance is in the game like the trailer shows)
or
Clauncher

I really want to own a Sylveon. But it sucks that there are so many Eeveelutions that you have to pick and choose which ones you want on your team, and you can't have them all on it.

Can you imagine what a powerhouse team you could have with a team like Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon?
All at LV. 100 with amazing EV and IVs, and powerful stats? And of course, will signature moves and such. I'd love to see someone beat you. Hell, no wonder Virgil won the Unova League.

Alix Rooker said:
I really want to own a Sylveon. But it sucks that there are so many Eeveelutions that you have to pick and choose which ones you want on your team, and you can't have them all on it.

Can you imagine what a powerhouse team you could have with a team like Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon?
All at LV. 100 with amazing EV and IVs, and powerful stats? And of course, will signature moves and such. I'd love to see someone beat you. Hell, no wonder Virgil won the Unova League.

I think I might use Sylveon as well, depending on moveset and wether I get an Eevee or not.

That would be amazing to have a team like that.... :)

Your X&Y Team?

Largely going to keep my Pokémon White team...

Alakazam
Hydreigon
(A strong Fairy-type from X&Y)
Gyarados (or strong water-type from X&Y)
Volcarona
Zoroark (Might replace if something cool comes up!)

Early Team 100% set;

Fennekin
Fletchling
Scatterbug [even though i dislike it, dat Vivillon]

Later Team [additions];

Litleo
Helioptile
Noivern
Clauncher

Xerneas

Lol half fire types. The type ive rarely ever used in all past generations.

steffenka said:
Alix Rooker said:

I think I might use Sylveon as well, depending on moveset and wether I get an Eevee or not.

That would be amazing to have a team like that.... :)
It sure would. It would be difficult to beat. Someone throws out a Pokemon to use, and it's strong against one of the 8 that you have. So you throw out one of the other Eeveelutions to beat it. Rinse and repeat. :)

The only one I know so far is Gardevoir. Need more info to say anything about the rest.

But then again, I tend to change my team as I play so much that there is at last a dozen "team members" xD....

Fennekin, Ralts, and Flabébé are all I know I want right now. I'm not positive about Flabébé either until I know it evolves.

So far:
-Froakie - Fave starter by a long shot. It's nickname shall be Froaklin.
-Fletchling (Talonflame) - I typically use the earlygame birds on first playthroughs, and Fletchling is so cute I couldn't not use it. Plus Talonflame is so ace I can't even. It's nickname shall be FireyBirdy.
-Sylveon - it's so pink and cute and adorable, plus Fairies kill Dragons so that means they're infinitely cool. It's nickname shall be DragnSlayr.
-Vivillon - easy the best earlygame bug. I don't care if it has lame stats, it's awesome. It's nickname shall be Vera.
-Malimar - I've wanted a squid for so long, and this one has a badass Dark/Psychic type to boot. It's nickname shall be Squidician.
-Venusaur - Mega Venusaur is kick ass and Venusaur was my first starter ever so I have a particular love for the line. It's nickname shall be Jennifer.

These ones are unconfirmed:
-Helioptile
-Noivern
-Gogoat

There are so many ace Water types this gen I may be inclined to do a mono-water run.. (and theres only been 3 revealed lol)
-Froaks
-Clauncher
-Skrelp
-Gyarados
-Crawdaunt

And then I'll probably end up doing a Mono-Fairy run just because new Fairy types and whatnot

edit: Malimar is officially in my team, now all I need is a nice Grass type (I'm gonna wait until a couple more are revealed before I fully decide on Gogoat)

Sure thing:

Gardevoir

I hope I can catch ralts in the first routes, like in R/S/E, I'd hate to have to wait to get my lovely gardevoir back.

Others:

Glaceon
Vivillon (if it's good. oh who am I kidding? I'll get it anyway)
Fennekin (depends on evolutions)
helioptile (depends on evolutions)

If difficulty makes it necessary:

Jolteon
Umbreon

P.DelSlayer said:
So far:
-Froakie
-Fletchling (Talonflame)
-Sylveon (it's nickname will be DragonSlayer)
-Vivillon

-Helioptile
-Noivern
-Gogoat

There are so many ace Water types this gen I may be inclined to do a mono-water run.. (and theres only been 3 revealed lol)
-Froaks
-Clauncher
-Skrelp
-Gyarados
-Crawdaunt

You better hope they make the character limit for nicknames longer for the sake of your Sylveon.
My team consists of:
Flarrec (Fennekin's final evolution)
Kelpin (Skrelp's final evolution)
Talonflame
Noivern
Golurk
Sylveon

Sorry, I like making up names lol :p

My team will probably look something like this, based on what I've heard and what I wish:
  • Pineapple the Ludicolo <3
  • Coconut the Chespin/Fyrefox the Fennekin (Firefox, so original :3)
  • Skrillex the Noivern (he gonna drop dat bass)
  • Ellie the Sylveon (o_O dunno, been playing too much TLoU I guess xD)

And last but not least,
  • Feta the Gogoat (hahaha CHEESYY, ikr? Omg I so clever)

Flygon (desert makes me believe there will be Vibrava/Trapinch as there has been at least one of them on deserts since Gen 3)
Fletchling (with everstone or keeping it on my box but I don't want it to evolve and keep it on my team)
Fennekin (or Froakie depending on final evo)
Mienshao (it appeared in the trailer and I want another Mienshao/Flygon combo on my team)
Helioptile/Noivern/Litleo (depending on there evos, Chimera Litleo would be great)

6th Pokemon could be a water Pokemon (depending if I have Froakie or Fennekin) or a steel type to cover weakness.

AdamLambert said:
P.DelSlayer said:
So far:
-Froakie
-Fletchling (Talonflame)
-Sylveon (it's nickname will be DragonSlayer)
-Vivillon

-Helioptile
-Noivern
-Gogoat

-Froaks
-Clauncher
-Skrelp
-Gyarados
-Crawdaunt

You better hope they make the character limit for nicknames longer for the sake of your Sylveon.
My team consists of:
Flarrec (Fennekin's final evolution)
Kelpin (Skrelp's final evolution)
Talonflame
Noivern
Golurk
Sylveon

Sorry, I like making up names lol :p

I don't know but it will consist of the starter, Talonflame, and possibly even Noivern, the other three are unknown.

Back