XY What kind of Gym Types would you like to see in Gen 6?

On the bandwagon for a dark gym and a ghost gym ;)
I would also LOVE to see a high levelled bug gym!
I love my bug types :3

Bolt the Cat said:
The trailer seems to indicate Bug and Psychic type gyms and a Fire type Elite 4 member. So with that in mind:

Gyms in no particular order:
Dark
Poison
Ground
Steel
Bug
Psychic
Fighting
Ghost

Elite 4:
Grass
Fire
Electric
Flying
Multitype

Although gamefreak seemed to be going for at least halfway very basic and colorful types in the past, reserving the....more advanced types for the E4.
Unova is a prime example of what I mean.

Like the E4 uses the more rare and special types ala Psy, Dragon...
but then again Sinnoh pretty much went the other way xDDDDDDDD

And if this is Sinnoh 2.0 like it seems, it could very well be.

Id love if the E4 were greek elements:
-Ground
-Water
-Flying
-Fire
I would fangasm...especially when the new overworld look gives me such a Golden Sun vibe already <3<3<3<3<3

Or Id also love if they did some kind of groupings of gyms too.
Like the first 4 gyms being the basic colorful types:
Grass, Water, Fire, Electric
And the second half with tower-like gyms using spookier stuff:
Ghost, Steel, Psychic, Dark
Or a tough theme,
Rock Ice Ground Steel
etc

lol... lets get back to real.

I really loved how Johto used EVERY TYPE that Kanto didn't (bar Dark because they considered it so badass it had to go E4 right away).
Maybe that's doable with Unova?
Used in BW and BW2: Normal,Ground,Electric,Flying,Dragon,Bug
Used in just one set (bw or bw2): Poison,Water,Ice

That leaves
Not used: Fire, Grass, Fighting, Psychic, Dark, Rock, Steel, Ghost
exactly 8 types o_o

So these 8 as gyms for XY, would feel the least repetitive EVER after gen V.
Let me try a realistic but unique order:
1. Grass
2. Psychic
3. Steel
4. Fire
5. Dark
6. Rock
7. Fighting
8. Ghost

lol. I assure you this will be wrong in one way or another, but I find it fun to try.

They tend to go after
-The Pokemon with enough available from each type and not used by other important characters
-The locations you cross, have the gym fit the theme 50% of the time (forest->Grass/Bug etc.)
So all this is pointless because we know none of these infos until we have the games almost in our hands anyway.

I want another Steel Gym and Fire Gym.

I like electrics too, but they could probably do without that this gen. Although an electric Elite Four member would be sweet.

It would be cool to have a Water gym near the beginning. Something like:

Flying
Water
Ground
Ghost
Fighting
Dark
Fire
Bug <- 8th gym ftw.

Rock
Dragon
Poison
Steel
Multi

No water-type gym this time, please. I want an elite four water-type user. Water is too elite for the beginning stage. xP

Aquapulse said:
Water is too elite for the beginning stage. xP

That is like a total diss on Misty.

Try starting with Charmander in Red man. Water can totally be elite in the beginning. :[

It's definitely time for a Dark Gym. It's been too long to not have one, really.

I actually wouldn't mind two or three Dark Gyms just to pay that type back from the shafting that they've given it for the last 10 or so years.

I know I definitely don't want to see another Electric Gym. Good God, those are almost in every single game so far now.

I'd like to see some more love to Fire, Psychic, Fighting, Grass, Steel, and Ghost too.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Aquapulse said:
Water is too elite for the beginning stage. xP

That is like a total diss on Misty.

Try starting with Charmander in Red man. Water can totally be elite in the beginning. :[

It's definitely time for a Dark Gym. It's been too long to not have one, really.

I actually wouldn't mind two or three Dark Gyms just to pay that type back from the shafting that they've given it for the last 10 or so years.

I know I definitely don't want to see another Electric Gym. Good God, those are almost in every single game so far now.

I'd like to see some more love to Fire, Psychic, Fighting, Grass, Steel, and Ghost too.

dmaster out.

Oh wow! I totally forgot about Misty. lol.

Really though, Electric can be in the Elite Four. That's never been done before and an Electric gym is way overdone.

I'd like to see the Dark gym as the last one, towards the end along with a Dragon gym that is not the last one (that was pretty cool in BW2).

Mitja said:
Although gamefreak seemed to be going for at least halfway very basic and colorful types in the past, reserving the....more advanced types for the E4.
Unova is a prime example of what I mean.

Which is exactly why they need to change it up, it gets too boring and predictable. Please tell me I'm not the only ones who found Unova's E4 to be incredibly disappointing because they used already overused types. Meanwhile, some of the "colorful" types could be quite interesting as Elite 4 members, most notably Electric since it only has one weakness.

Mitja said:
Id love if the E4 were greek elements:
-Ground
-Water
-Flying
-Fire

I wouldn't mind something like this.

Mitja said:
That leaves
Not used: Fire, Grass, Fighting, Psychic, Dark, Rock, Steel, Ghost
exactly 8 types o_o

This looks pretty good, too.

Mitja said:
Let me try a realistic but unique order:
1. Grass
2. Psychic
3. Steel
4. Fire
5. Dark
6. Rock
7. Fighting
8. Ghost

I'd switch Psychic and Fire. Psychic is a bit too tough for the second gym, you probably won't have many good options to counter it so early in the game. Other than that, I like this idea. Also, Bug has already pretty much been confirmed as a gym type (the trailer shows a puzzle that involves bouncing off spider webs), so swap out Rock for that. Other than that, this would be pretty awesome.

My guess is:

Normal
Bug
Rock
Grass
Ice
Fighting
Psychic
Dark

In the first gym you learn the basics... from the second gym onwards the next gym is supereffective against the previous one. Did I explain myself? Just like in the Red and Blue versions.

If you choose Froakie you'd face big trouble against the fourth gym, if you choose Fennekin it'd be the same but against the third gym, and if you choose Chespin it'd be trouble against the second gym. Fun, isn't it? :D

My guess:

Bug
Ground
Grass
Water
Dark
Ghost
Dragon
Fighting or Fire.

No particular order I suppose except the first 3.

Gym 1: Steel
Gym 2: Bug
Gym 3: Ghost
Gym 4: Psychic
Gym 5: Fire
Gym 6: Poison
Gym 7: Ground
Gym 8: Dark

No it wouldn't. The only one with a problem would be Grass types.
Fire pwns steel and most Steel types are Rock/Ground which means weakness to water. Grass if the Steel type has a secondary type would do normal damage. I could see it. Besides Pokemon needs to up the ante with gyms....and badge earning/progression in general.

Ysmir said:
No it wouldn't. The only one with a problem would be Grass types.
Fire pwns steel and most Steel types are Rock/Ground which means weakness to water. Grass if the Steel type has a secondary type would do normal damage. I could see it. Besides Pokemon needs to up the ante with gyms....and badge earning/progression in general.

Yeah, It's the same with all the Games that start with Rock Type Gyms. Grass and Water are good at them, but Fire sucks.

Back