Pokemon What is Your Favorite Gym and Why?

WanderingWolf

Only *insert number here* days to go!
To explain, in all five generations so far, what has been your favourite gym to enter, progress through, and complete?

My favourite has to be,

Elisa-
Rollercoasters. I love thrill rides, and amusements parks in general. And with the neon lights, dark setting, electric types (one of my favourite types). It just sets the perfect mood. I'm going to walk in, be amazed at how I get to ride the roller coasters, and then have an epic battle, using the conveniently placed desert pokemon that are just outside the city of Nimbasa.

The discussion is about the gym's layout, typing and ambiance in general. Not the gym leader's design.

RE: Your Favourite Gym

Bugsy's Gym (Azalea Town) - I loved the old, dark trees, the spider webs and the energy I could clearly feel in that place. I always like everything what is related with mysterious forests.

I don't have a specific favorite, but here are a few of my liked ones from each gen:

Koga/Janine's gym
Invisible walls are so befitting of a poison ninja and I love the concept

Morty's gym (HGSS)
This is a Ghost gym done right; eerie setting, going into pitch black whenever a trainer is beaten? YES

Juan's gym
My fave Ice puzzle so far, I love that you either can go straight to the leader or miss-step and have to battle several trainers

Candice's gym
slidey snowball-breaking funnn

Skyla's Gym (both)
because being shot out of a cannon and being forcefully blown backwards by a huge wind are fun

edit: my 6th gen favourite would have to be Valerie's... the concept isn't new but I love the dolls house concept and all the details in it.

I really loved Arty's gyms. He's too fabulous :p I also loved Homika's with that underground club feeling, and the last modifications made to Shaga's gym, with the black and white Chinese dragons in perpetual confrontation (also, another outside non-pokémon reference... I wonder if they will ever make a "China" generation :p ).

Brock's Gym because there was absolutely no puzzle at all, and you don't have to battle any trainers, it's optional.
Also, B2W2 Drayden's Gym is pretty cool. Love the dragon statue custscene battles :p

Juan's gym is simply genius. One of my favorite puzzles in Pokémon and a really damn cool leader with a beastly strategy with that Kingdra.

Elesa's gyms are pretty cool too. They are unique, and have that exciting feeling to them.

There's some other ones I really like too, but just can't remember what they were right now.

Drayden's gym in Black/White 2, Oh my lord, this gym is beast! I love the simple idea being taken to a whole new level, Gotta love those dragon statues :D

I also like Roark's gym, It gives you the option to pass the trainers :D

I was really amazed with B2/W2 gyms, namely Roxie's, Burgh's, Elesa's and Marlon's (oh, this last one would be awesome for Grass Pokémon, namely Ludicolo! :D ). Morty's gym was also cool and Brock's really felt like something coming out of the anime which was nice namely by having those benchs by the side.

As for my favorite of them all...Gardenia's in Diamond/Pearl, because it was simple and yet a Grass gym somewhat like I've always wanted. The bad thing is that cloud wallpaper instead of one with bushes or trees. The gym got worse in Platinum because it looked like something fitting Erika and not Gardenia.

I like both versions of the Nimbasa Gym. (Elesa)

Mostly the same reason as you do plus I like the colors, the lights, the roller coaster in BW, I also like that it has a runaway and a big screen in B2/W2, I also like the music.

I don't like it in the anime/Adventure manga because it does not have much compare to the games.

Gen I: Lt. Surge/Vermillion. What can I say I like the trashcans. Runner Up: Blaine/Cinnabar

Gen 2: Falkner/Violet. Simple but neat. Runner Up: Whitney/Goldenrod. For the big clefairy.

Gen 3: Norman/Petalburg. I just like how many battles there are and that they are all stat themed. Runner up: Brawly/Dewford.

Gen 4: Gardenia/Eterna. I like the big open forest with people hiding. Runner Up: Crasher Wake/Pastoria.

Gen 5: Burgh/Castelia/BW. I love the colors in this gym. The honey stuff is kind of fun too. Runner up: Lenora/Nacrene. I love the book cases.

Gen 6: Valarie/Lavarre. I'm a guy and I think that the level of ornate detail is so great in this gym, it makes up for the fact that it's your typical teleport pad gym. Runner Up: Grant/Cyllage.

Over all, Gen 6 has the best looking gyms, by far.

Olivine City's Gym! Not only does it house my favourite types of Pokémon but it also has a gym leader that I can strongly relate to; Jasmine.
I'm not very confident in myself either but I care deeply for others. I try to do my best in things and even if I don't succeed, I take things
as a learning experience and try again. She's just overall very lovely and can kick some serious butt with her chosen party.

The design of the gym is nothing to really marvel at but it's just always been a favourite of mine regardless! n_n

Steel Mineral said:
Olivine City's Gym! Not only does it house my favourite types of Pokémon but it also has a gym leader that I can strongly relate to; Jasmine.
I'm not very confident in myself either but I care deeply for others. I try to do my best in things and even if I don't succeed, I take things
as a learning experience and try again. She's just overall very lovely and can kick some serious butt with her chosen party.

The design of the gym is nothing to really marvel at but it's just always been a favourite of mine regardless! n_n

I always felt like the gym should have been the top of the light house.

Kanto: Blaine's in R/B/Y/FR/LG. I thought the quiz concept was neat, and I liked answering the questions and feeling knowledgeable for getting them right. Even though doing that's a free pass to Blaine, I battled the trainers anyway for the EXP and money. I always battle all the trainers in the games.

Johto: Whitney's. The design reminds me of cupcakes, and I like cupcakes.

Hoenn: Despite it being my favorite region, most of the puzzles and layouts of Hoenn's gyms were just meh to me. If I had to pick, it would probably be Norman's or Wallace/Juan's. I think with ORAS, I'll like Hoenn's gyms more. I like how they made Brawly's a gym that's also a gym, and the others look cool too.

Sinnoh: Fantina's in Platinum. Going through the Duskull statue maze in the dark with a flashlight made me feel like it was Halloween.

Unova: Elesa's. I like roller coasters and thought the design was awesome. I also like the runway one from B2W2, and think it fits her more since she's a model. I like how they added that voice that says "Are you ready?" and "Give me what I need" too. I was not expecting that XD

Kalos: Olympia's. That space background was amazing. ♥

I'm going to say Kalos' s fighting gym leader Korrina from Shalour city because she's lively and fun. I like how her gym is like a skating park with ramps and rails. And her big appearance when you reach the podium to battle her and enters with a spinning kick and shouts " time for lady Korrina's big appearance" as she enters the room.

But in the previous games im going to say Maylene because I like how gym is like a maze a bit like the one in Fantina's gym but with putching bags and tyres.

Back