What is the hardest boss of all games

Don't you have Auto-Life for Yunalesca? Or am I thinking of the boss afterwards? I haven't played FFX in a while.

I think I finally decided: Majora's Mask, Incarnation, and then Wrath, from Majora's Mask, WITHOUT the Fierce Diety Mask. When I did the end of Majora's Mask, I ran out of Bombchu, and so could not get the Fierce Diety Mask (which I didn't even know you would get at the time).

...Ugh, and I forgot to bring fairies, of all things. After fighting the Mask for the hundredth time (its stupid laser attack made you restart the battle), Majora's Incarnation wasn't all that hard, but then Majora's Wrath came out... Those whips don't let you get anywhere near close enough to attack with your measly Kokiri Sword. I don't know how I ever beat it.

I guess you can always get the Romani milk, that will give you unlimited magic until your 3 days are up. It allows you to eternally spam the Zora energy shield making the battle very easy. You can also upgrade your sword by beating the 2nd boss, get 1st place at the Goron racetrack (and obtain Gold dust), then visiting the forgery. Or maybe get the great fairy sword, I don't know how good it is though.

...but yeah if you have none of those I would imagine the first and third part of the boss is quite difficult (the 2nd is a joke what the heck is it lol)

Oh yeah, I think the laser will only kill you in one if you're a Deku scrub (because you're flamable then).

I still think that the fish boss is the hardest because I'm used of the traditional L-Targeting shoot an arrow stab em way versus having to swim, but I don't know how anyone can say that the water boss on Ocarina is hard I thought that was the easiest boss is the game.

See, I'm one of those people who loves to make things hard on myself. I watched my sister get the Gilded Sword then decided not to do it on my file, mainly because the Kokiri Sword had, ah, sentimental value. It seemed cheap to be that strong.

I did have the Great Fairy sword, though it took 'till Wrath for me to remember. I'd put on the Zora Mask and use the fin-boomerang attack to stun it/her, then switch back, pull out the sword and hack away. That's pretty much how I resorted to doing every form, actually. Oh, and I didn't think you could use the Zora shield when not swimming...?

And no, it's laser didn't kill you, it just restarted the battle from the beginning. Sometimes. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but with whatever form I was in (even Zora), being hit would occasionally restart everything. The bad thing about this was that it didn't replenish your hearts/arrows and there were only two pots in the room, so it was an endless cycle of losing health. Game overs didn't help either, but at least it started me in that wonderful field area, where I could find hearts.

My hardest boss battles are:

Red from Pokemon SoulSilver:
I thought I was in for a relative cakewalk, because I was expecting the same thing as from Pokemon Silver. Nope. His levels were cranked up. His movesets were improved. His Espeon was replaced with a Lapras. And it was hailing the entire battle. When I first faced him, his Pikachu wrecked my entire team single-handedly. I felt worthless, and like I've been spending the entire game messing around. I eventually beat him, but it took some cheapness.

Dark Matter from Kirby's Dreamland 2:
The rest of the game is easy. It's a trap! It's designed to make you let your guard down, so that they can throw a pipe wrench right between your eyes. It takes a lot of hits to beat him. He's actually harder than Dedede. I lost about 20 lives before I knew it. I nearly threw my Game Boy out the window. When he finally exploded, I cheered. But it wasn't over yet. He reformed and continued to fight, completely refreshed, while I still had only one hit left. I lost, and started again on the first form. The worst part about the second form, you slowly descend back to the earth. If he touches the earth, you die.

Metal Sonic from Sonic CD (I think):
He gets his own stage, and you get no rings. You have to hit him precisely on the forehead to damage him. If you're slightly off, you die. One hit, you die. You quickly run out of lives. When you run out, you have to start from the beginning of the game. When this happens, you throw your Sega CD and all your Sonic the Hedgehog collectibles out the window.

Prinny Baal from Disgaea Hour of Darkness:
You don't stand a chance against him unless you steal his equipment, which is already level 100. At that point, you may as well equip them, and send a team of Divine Majin after him. Or the level 9999 Entei you got from the previous stage, if you elect to save some time, but there's no guarantee that they'll stand a chance.

Regigigas from Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia:
You can only face Regigigas once you have all the power-ups, and you're going to need them. Each step he takes causes a shockwave that causes huge damage. That's right, he doesn't even have to attack you to mess you up. And when he does, if you leave your stylus on the screen, you can be flattened in seconds. This takes serious concentration, the reflexes of an insect, and you need to understand everything that's going on. Even then, prepare to see the GAME OVER screen a lot.

The bug in Bowser's nerve cluster in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is impossible. It heals itself 40 health at a time. But the Bowser vs. Wiggler is challenging.

Usagi said:
Metal Sonic from Sonic CD (I think):
He gets his own stage, and you get no rings. You have to hit him precisely on the forehead to damage him. If you're slightly off, you die. One hit, you die. You quickly run out of lives. When you run out, you have to start from the beginning of the game. When this happens, you throw your Sega CD and all your Sonic the Hedgehog collectibles out the window.
You're thinking of Sonic 2's Silver Sonic fight...iirc, you don't actually fight Metal Sonic at all during Sonic CD (you do, however, race him during the Stardust Speedway level).

But yeah, that fight's a pain .-.

Karen's stupid Umbreon the second time around is tough.

It basically spams Curse until its speed is low, and its attack is high. Since you're basically forced to attack last, with the horrible speed it has now, it can Payback you. It 2KOed my Machamp. Machamp wasn't even doing 1/4th its HP with a Cross Chop.

and it has double team.

Wow. People complaining about Pokemon being hard. What's next? Kingdom Hearts? Seriously guys, you haven't seen anything in RPG difficulty until you've tried real games such as FFI. That was fun, and yet painful.

You guys wanna see challanging? Go try playing traditional games such as R-type or Contra. The new stuff is really easy. I have not been challanged by a game made past 2004 thus far (ikaruga was haaaaard)

Some of the bosses in Sonic Unleashed are pretty challenging especially some of the later ones. I know there are some bosses in other games that I spent hours and hours trying to get past. Nothing comes to mind particularly though... :/

- Luigi

Zenith said:
You're thinking of Sonic 2's Silver Sonic fight...iirc, you don't actually fight Metal Sonic at all during Sonic CD (you do, however, race him during the Stardust Speedway level).

But yeah, that fight's a pain .-.
Yep. That's the one. It's been so long ago that my memory of it is fuzzy. It's great to know someone else remembers it.

z-man said:
Wow. People complaining about Pokemon being hard. What's next? Kingdom Hearts? Seriously guys, you haven't seen anything in RPG difficulty until you've tried real games such as FFI. That was fun, and yet painful.

You guys wanna see challanging? Go try playing traditional games such as R-type or Contra. The new stuff is really easy. I have not been challanged by a game made past 2004 thus far (ikaruga was haaaaard)

I played FFI. I wouldn't call it the most challenging game I've ever played, but the GBA remake did have a few challenging extra boss battles. And I'd agree, everyone here would be doing themselves a favor by playing Contra and Ikaruga. Don't let the difficulty discourage you.

You think Ikaruga's hard? Try playing the New Touhou game on Lunatic mode. Even harder than the previous twelve.

I would like to extend an honorable mention to a boss I haven't faced yet in a game I own. That boss is Pringer X from Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days. It has billions of HP (literally), it's stats are each 40,000,000 which is perfect, it becomes immune to any attack that has been used on it already, and you fight 8 of him at once.

I don't expect to ever beat it.

FFI wasn't hard at all, unless you're counting Omega or Shinryu. But, by the time you get to them your levels will be high enough that it won't be a problem.
I've never fought Chronodia, seeing as I only have Dawn of Souls and not 20th Anniversary, but the game was really fun. I think now I'm trying to get my party to level 99 for the kicks. It won't be that hard; they're already level 91 right now.

Yeah, older games were harder then newer games. Old games didnt have a problem with Forcing a restart.

Hardest boss; Death Mountain (second quest) in Legend of Zelda. (the gold game for the super nintendo)

Back