XY What if they stopped releasing information?

KiKi

Team Harmony
Junichi Masuda said something about the last of the information being released until the games are released.

If this were taken into context in a certain way, and were true, then that would mean that we would not know what Xerneas and Yveltal's typings were until the games were released, which would make them the only Pokemon ever released to have unknown types before their debut in their games.

Which would be really weird, and cause a lot of rage. Imagine if they actually did that. Xerneas and Yveltal would have been in existence for 9 months with unknown typings.

It seems this was a misinterpretation of what Masuda said in his video, but we can still use this thread to discuss what might happen if there actually was an end of the information stream. -Chariblaze

RE: Possible end of information?

Don't care. They've given me more than enough info to convince me to buy it.

KiKi said:
Junichi Masuda said something about the last of the information being released until the games are released.

If this were taken into context in a certain way, and were true, then that would mean that we would not know what Xerneas and Yveltal's typings were until the games were released, which would make them the only Pokemon ever released to have unknown types before their debut in their games.

Which would be really weird, and cause a lot of rage. Imagine if they actually did that. Xerneas and Yveltal would have been in existence for 9 months with unknown typings.

Isn't there still a Corocoro leak sometimes during next week, and then it will stop?
I'm pretty sure I've read that somewhere..

I am okay they revealed more than enough Pokemon, and plus this good, everyone will be surprised by all the Pokemon in the game at the same time.

Bolt the Cat said:
Don't care. They've given me more than enough info to convince me to buy it.

Agreed, I would actually be quite happy too since we'll have that aspect of being surprised and intrigued when seeing a New Pokémon (something of which I haven't experienced in a very long time). My starter in X will be Froakie and Fennekin in Y and to be honest I don't want to see their middle or final stages at all (Chespin too even though I'm not choosing him), hopefully they are good overall (I have a strong feeling they will be though XD).

But even if it isn't the end of the news it won't affect me since I plan to leave the Pokémon scene after July, hopefully the July dose of news is a good one.

I wouldn't mind, but you're just over-analysing what he said. There is no way we won't get more news via the next 3 corocoros for example.

Mitja said:
I wouldn't mind, but you're just over-analysing what he said. There is no way we won't get more news via the next 3 corocoros for example.
I didn't over-analyse anything.
It was merely one of the inferences that I made about what he said.

I'm thinking that we'll still get info, but not a lot of it.
So maybe CoroCoro would only reveal 2 new Pokemon or something.

(another possibility is that they'll just go over Pokemon we already know - we don't know the abilities of a lot of the Gen.6 Pokemon)

It seems a bit strange to me that we will not get any new information in the coming 3 months, but anything is possible. I am not too worried about the types (of course I am curious), I was already convinced to buy the game when they announced it!

He just said something along the lines of not wanting to reveal too much since there are still 3 months ahead. Check the english subtitles if you have to http://www.videogamer.com/videos/pokemon_y_honedge_revealed.html

No more info would be absurd.

Mitja said:
He just said something along the lines of not wanting to reveal too much since there are still 3 months ahead. Check the english subtitles if you have to http://www.videogamer.com/videos/pokemon_y_honedge_revealed.html

No more info would be absurd.

Too bad but thats fine any way. The only info I need to know is the starters evos so I can choose between froakie and chespin but even If they wont be discoverd until october I still can simply see them here after the game comes out and then choose. So yeah do what you want junichi

Usually we know plenty more pokemon this close to a gen's release.

Bogleech said:
Usually we know plenty more pokemon this close to a gen's release.

If by usually you mean gen V, then yes.
I'll check the numbers again later, but I thought we're getting plenty of them this time (but I was also expecting them to show less due to the generation likely being smaller after the record-breaking 156 in BW)

I did some more browsing through old corocoro scans if anyone is interested
before 2006- we knew of Lucario, MimeJr, Weavile, Munchlax, Bonsly
Jan- hint at "prince of sea"
Feb- Manaphy revealed
Mar- Buizel, Chatot, Mantyke
Jul- MASCOTS revealed
Sep- tons of pokemon revealed (fossils, Carnivine, Happiny, Shinx, Bidoof, Burmy...), mascot types stated, THE GAMES RELEASED

Of course they don't reveal info in the same manner, but its a example of how scarce they can give out info about a new gen game through the year up to its release.

Heres BW
before- Zorua/Zoroark
May- starters and MASCOTS revealed
Jun- handful of new pokemon (Munna, Darmanitan, Sandile, Blitzle, Pidove, Klink, Mincinno), full mascot types revealed
Jul- handful of new pokemon (Musharna, Gothitelle,Woobat, Patrat, Axew, Braviary, Reuniclus)
Aug- tons of info, a dozen new pokemon, battle modes...
Sep-tons of info and leaks, first starter evolutions, like 20 new pokemon, GAMES RELEASED

But note that BW had 50% more pokemon to show off.

It might be a good thing to not making a new record of pokemons since in bw there are plenty of them but only few are good IMO.

I also saw now junichi's video and Im sure he wont stop bring news until the game will come out

He said (according to the English translation): ''...I will sign off here!'' Indicating the end of the message, not the end of information. This is supported by the fact that he said quickly after that "Oh! Before I forget, there was one more thing I wanted to call out..'', this phrase tells you that the original ''...I will sign off here!'' was indeed the ''supposed'' end of the message.

I would prefer no new information, though I haven't been checking the news for Pokémon recently, because I want to be surprised.

TheTPCProductionz said:
I would prefer no new information, though I haven't been checking the news for Pokémon recently, because I want to be surprised.

This. What I'm really hoping is that actual new Pokemon are kept to a minimum, but they go back to all the previously revealed Pokemon and clear up their abilities, etc.
(particularly Xern+Yvel's types)

I would like to be surprised with all the new Pokemon and information, game layout, Gyms and Leaders, etcetera. Although the last two bits of information I want to know is the final evolutions of the starter Pokemon so I can make up my mind between them. The other bit of information I want to know is Xerneas and Yveltal's type, and afterwards, I would like to be surprised with the new Pokemon!

I think everyone would like to be surprised, but they insist in churning out all the information. It's like a trailer for a film, some give away the best bits. I would be happy for them to stop now, then when I play I am surprised, it adds to the effect. Much like it was all those years ago, when Pokémon was in it's infancy and was the internet. I remember up until Black and white, I never looked online about information about the games, I never really used the computer we had.

Even if he did end the info there, we got this XY info...

20 new pokemon (including starters and mascots)
New battle mode
New mini-game (Pokemon-Amie)
New system confirmed (Bonding)
The friends/rivals
Box art
Super training (No idea what it is, leaked on Amazon though, thank you Nodice!)
And the anime of XY confirmed
AND multiple trailers

What else do you want?

Back