What do you think the next rotation is?

I honestly think its going to be dragons exalted on for sure. I have a feeling it might not be a rotation right after worlds, to keep many cards in for when EX battle boost comes out. Pokemon catcher is reprinted in japan already, probably also in battle boost. Then darkrai and mewtwo EX are getting reprinted, so by keeping dragons exalted the whole tin set of EX pokemon fall 2012 will be preserved. It would be weird if rayquaza was the only one that wasnt out of those 3. Also tornadus EX gets reprinted, rare candy gets reprinted.

nitrodavid said:
they could just allow any decks basic energy as an amendment to the rotation. has something like that happened before. I can't see how allowing any basic energy could have any adverse effects apart from making the entry lvl slightly cheaper for new players. (since you don't need to buy new energy most veterans would just give away their surplus)
Ummm... what? Any basic energy is always legal. My point was just that there has never been no set with basic energy legal, regardless of whether or not that was the only energy you could use (it wasn't btw).

I think and hope it will be no rotation. It keeps some really good cards (Energy switch, etc). And they haven't announced the rotation yet. For those of you hoping for DRX-On, Catcher is what makes the game balanced. It prevents bench sitters like, Hydreigon, Klinklang, Reuniclus, Dusknoir, and Vileplume (BCR). DRX-On also loses lots of great cards.

hammer time! said:
For those of you hoping for DRX-On, Catcher is what makes the game balanced. It prevents bench sitters like, Hydreigon, Klinklang, Reuniclus, Dusknoir, and Vileplume (BCR). DRX-On also loses lots of great cards.

Preventing Stage 2s from working keeps the game balanced? Yeah okay.

Yes, rotating Catcher will make Stage 2 decks much more powerful. However, pure Basics is so powerful as it is that I doubt that it would make high set up decks overpowered-they can still be easily overrun as they're slow. If Catcher does get rotated Genesect will be a lot more useful as it would actually be worth running Plasma Energy with its ability. If Genesect doesn't become popular then I could also see Blastoise becoming the BDIF in a Catcher-less format.

hammer time! said:
I think and hope it will be no rotation. It keeps some really good cards (Energy switch, etc). And they haven't announced the rotation yet. For those of you hoping for DRX-On, Catcher is what makes the game balanced. It prevents bench sitters like, Hydreigon, Klinklang, Reuniclus, Dusknoir, and Vileplume (BCR). DRX-On also loses lots of great cards.
Please please please tell me that was a troll post. If it wasn't, you clearly haven't played before catcher was released, and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

I also think it's gonna be DEX-on. Pokémon always seem to stop at a year's second rotation for the past few years (Dp-on, Md-on... you get the idea) and I don't think that this year's gonna be an exception.

hammer time! said:
This seems so sarcastic, yet it seems legit, somehow :p!

Dark Void said:
hammer time! said:
For those of you hoping for DRX-On, Catcher is what makes the game balanced. It prevents bench sitters like, Hydreigon, Klinklang, Reuniclus, Dusknoir, and Vileplume (BCR). DRX-On also loses lots of great cards.

Yes, rotating Catcher will make Stage 2 decks much more powerful. However, pure Basics is so powerful as it is that I doubt that it would make high set up decks overpowered-they can still be easily overrun as they're slow. If Catcher does get rotated Genesect will be a lot more useful as it would actually be worth running Plasma Energy with its ability. If Genesect doesn't become popular then I could also see Blastoise becoming the BDIF in a Catcher-less format.

Genesect "EX" you meant.And yes,a while back (before plasma freeze was released) i said and i quote: "Genesect-EX is the new Catcher." I had negative responses but,i think now people are getting it.

No, Genesect is not the new Catcher. If Catcher is still in the format, then it won't even be worth it to run Plasma Energy with him. If Catcher is rotated, Genesect + Plasma Energy wouldn't be splashed in every deck just for the Catcher effect. Genesect has a Catcher-like effect, this does not make him remotely as powerful as Catcher.

Dark Void said:
No, Genesect is not the new Catcher. If Catcher is still in the format, then it won't even be worth it to run Plasma Energy with him. If Catcher is rotated, Genesect + Plasma Energy wouldn't be splashed in every deck just for the Catcher effect. Genesect has a Catcher-like effect, this does not make him remotely as powerful as Catcher.

Well, who knows, in the sp days, luxray gl lv. x was splashed into some random decks for the pokepower. I personally think genesect EX and ninetales DRX will fit nicely into some decks, depending on the rotation.

Dark Void said:
hammer time! said:

How exactly would Stage 2 decks being much more powerful be a bad thing for the game If Catcher gets rotated out? It's not, If anything it would allow more creativity for deckbuilding in the game. Something we haven't had since BW - Emerging Powers became Modified legal to some extent. I get tired of players who have this mentality that Stage 1 and Stage 2 Evolutions are too powerful in the game when you can make the same argument about Big Basics (which most players tend to ignore), you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Guys, lets not talk about Pokemon Catcher because catcher is in the Blastoise/Kyurem deck in japan, which is also probably gonna be reprinted in Plasma Blast. Its unfortunate, having to deal with Catcher and all, but one thing that certainly provoked me was when Gusto said that Genesect/Ninetales is the new catcher. Well, NO. The reason why people ran 1-1 of Luxray was that they were sure that they could get it in their bench. Look at the amount of search supportors they had; not a lot was luck based. We have to use Juniper to blindly throw our hand in to discard to get 7 fresh new cards. Or N when we hope our opponent gets terrible cards and we get awesome sauce. And another thing I should mention is that in the time of Luxray they had a lot more deckspace for Pokemon. Boltevoir ran a grand total of 25 Pokemon. In our format, that screams inconsistency, but in the Platinum era it wasn't inconsistency because they had a lot of more accurate supporters in terms of searching. I'm kinda rambling now, so I'll just say that I wish that catcher was long gone now, but chances are, its staying.

Chances are they'll keep reprinting Catcher until Basic EX's phase out from Modified which probably won't be til 2015 or 2016, but even then that only adds more to the problem not the solution. Chandelure EX only contributes to the problem even more with this Anti-Evolution mentality that the game developers have on the Pokemon TCG. Probably won't be long before we start seeing more evolved Pokemon get their own Basic EX cards sadly to say and ironically they haven't run out of Legendary Pokemon to make Basic EX's out of. We never got Basic EX's for Suicune, Regice, Regirock, Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit.

Card Slinger J,You should check out Chandelure-EX! Scary XD
http://pokebeach.com/#chandelure-ex-from-ex-battle-boost-basic-ex

Update :
Weakness: [D]x2

I believe it will be either NXD-on because that was the dawn of EX's, or there will be no rotation for lulz.

Guessing it will be NXD-on.

Where is your source that basic energy is always legal?

It's just a normal card with no name that can be counted for reprints.

Now the more I think about it I think it will be either no rotation or they will add it into the next set and not rotate until that set is released.

I am not saying that that cant do something to make it legal I am saying of right now it looks like no set

SheNinja said:
Where is your source that basic energy is always legal?

It's just a normal card with no name that can be counted for reprints.

Now the more I think about it I think it will be either no rotation or they will add it into the next set and not rotate until that set is released.
It's always been legal. However, the reason for that is because there's always been basic energy in format. I would be willing to bet that (never gonna happen tho) if there was no basic energy in format, it wouldn't be legal. However, there has and always will be basic energy legal. That, and the fact that pokemon hasn't announced rotation yet lead me to believe there will be no rotation this year.

Back