XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon do you want to see in the 6th generation?

That thing is horrible but I guess I've seen worse. As for another animal I want into a Pokemon....I wouldn't mind more crabs or things like Eels, Sharks, Squid, or Different types of Whales.

That Mewtwo-Xenomorph things looks hideous. A new Mewtwo/Mewthree would be interesting, though, you know, to go with the genetics theme.

Ysmir said:
That thing is horrible but I guess I've seen worse. As for another animal I want into a Pokemon....I wouldn't mind more crabs or things like Eels, Sharks, Squid, or Different types of Whales.

AGREED

Seriously, there are so many Water types that are just fish (some having distinctive qualities to set them apart), when there's the whole wide world of aquatic life; Squid (giant squid specifically) are well known, and the closest thing we have is Octillery.
Again with eels; the one eel Pokemon we have isn't even a Water type (yes I know it's an electric eel but still).
For crabs we already have Krabby/Kingler but it would be nice to have another crab (I want a Japanese spider crab, decent Water/Bug). (Corphish and Crawdaunt are based on the crayfish/lobster, respectively.
There should be more sharks. I'm actually surprised that the Great White, which is generally feared as a powerful predator, hasn't been made into a Pokemon. I'd actually find it quite amusing if they made it a Water/Psychic and have it be a 'kind shark', since contrary to many people's views, it's actually fairly harmless. (maybe a Water/Dark tiger shark counterpart?)
Whales... We already have Wailord as the famed Blue Whale; maybe an orca? Or an idea I came up with was having a Giant Squid/Sperm Whale counterpart duo which has a rivalry between them (similar to Zangoose+Seviper).

Also, maybe a Weezing evo could be a Poison/Psychic? Some kind of explanation being 'it now has the ability to direct it's gases in any direction and send them towards anything(?)'

there are so many water pokemon that are just fish?

I'd say there arent nearly as many as there should be.
I: Seaking
II: Lanturn, Qwilfish, Mantine
III: Sharpedo, Whiscash, Huntail/Gorebyss, Relicanth, Luvdisc
IV: Lumineon
V: Basculin, Alomomola
(excluded ones that evolve into something else)
There is so many diverse fish in the real world that pokemon has barely scratched the "surface".

Not to mention, ALL of these are at most 2 stages, and none of them really strong.

Heck Id even want to see more of the complete opposite, fish WHO ARE NOT WATER type lol.

I fear gen 6 will be similar to VI. One forgettable fish and thats about it D: Hope Im wrong.

I hope gen VI has Pokemon based on animals that live in the savannah and maybe some monkeys that aren't FIRE TYPE!

P.DelSlayer said:
Seriously, there are so many Water types that are just fish (some having distinctive qualities to set them apart), when there's the whole wide world of aquatic life; Squid (giant squid specifically) are well known, and the closest thing we have is Octillery.

I've been waiting for a long time for Octillery to evolve into a giant squid/cannon combination - its base stats are low enough for a new evolutions, it fits the family's theme perfectly, and it would be a perfect excuse for a novel Water/Fire typing.

I've similarly been waiting forever for a lionfish Pokémon - they could evolve it from Qwilfish or make it a separate line. There's so much the creature designers could do with this:

Lionfish.jpg

that I'm baffled as to why they haven't.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but what does everyone think about a new Slowpoke evolution line without Shellder being involved at all in its design?

I think it would have a variation of its pink color and have a more salamander-like design while still keeping its 'dumb' look somehow.

I shall call this monstrosity "Slowmander."

I think we need more big cats, like the Snow Leopard, for example.

New type combinations like Bug/Dark could be very nice.
Also more new evolutions could be great, like 2th and 4th gen both got a couple of new evolutions, 6th gen will probably get too.
I actually think it is unfair, that Pinsir didn't got an evolution, while Scyther did. Therefore, a Pinsir evolution is the biggest wish for me, when we are talking about new evolutions. Just imagine a cool design it could get with its pincers! :D

^For the 10000000th time, Pinsir didn't got an evo because he gained a new counterpart in Heracross, so if Pinsir gets an evo, it will subsequently be unfair for Heracross...

I've never understood this obsession with "fairness" when it comes to some "counterparts" getting new evolutions and others not. It's not like this hasn't been going on for the series' entire lifespan. So what if Scyther got an evolution and Pinsir didn't? Gloom got a new alternate evolution at the same time, but I've never seen anyone clamoring for an alternate evolution for Weepinbell.

I just want a platypus Pokemon already. Platypuses are my favorite animals and they already look like they should be Pokemon! They are super cute but can be very strong. Did you know that an adult male platypus has poisonous barbs that could knock out a fully grown human man or kill a child? These barbs exist on their hind feet. A platypus Pokemon could quite easily be made with the poison point ability and be a water/poison type. It would even be interesting for MALE platypus Pokemon have the poison point ability and have FEMALE platypus Pokemon have a different ability.

I wouldn't even mind an abstract take on a platypus Pokemon. I don't even care if it would evolve. I just want one. So. Very. Badly.

There are so many fish Pokemon, turtle Pokemon, frog Pokemon, and cat Pokemon, so I would love to see a new type of animal be inspiration for once. I would love if more Australian animals would be incorporated too, such as koalas. As long as I get a platypus Pokemon, the 6th gen will be perfect for me. I will even stop complaining about my hatred of formes, if only I were to get a platypus.

TrainerSivan said:
I just want a platypus Pokemon already. Platypuses are my favorite animals and they already look like they should be Pokemon! They are super cute but can be very strong. Did you know that an adult male platypus has poisonous barbs that could knock out a fully grown human man or kill a child? These barbs exist on their hind feet. A platypus Pokemon could quite easily be made with the poison point ability and be a water/poison type. It would even be interesting for MALE platypus Pokemon have the poison point ability and have FEMALE platypus Pokemon have a different ability.

I wouldn't even mind an abstract take on a platypus Pokemon. I don't even care if it would evolve. I just want one. So. Very. Badly.

There are so many fish Pokemon, turtle Pokemon, frog Pokemon, and cat Pokemon, so I would love to see a new type of animal be inspiration for once. I would love if more Australian animals would be incorporated too, such as koalas. As long as I get a platypus Pokemon, the 6th gen will be perfect for me. I will even stop complaining about my hatred of formes, if only I were to get a platypus.

I support you and your dream, man.

I've always loved quirky humanoid Pokémon so more of them would be great. Hitmonchan, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Scrafty, all great. I didn't like Throh and Sawk much though, they took it too far. Hitmonchan gets away with the tunic, but a full, pure-white Judo/Karate robe was too far. I hope X & Y gets the right balance of human-Pokémon, maybe a geisha Pokémon. Is a mermaid Pokémon too far?

Lady Gaga said:
I've always loved quirky humanoid Pokémon so more of them would be great. Hitmonchan, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Scrafty, all great. I didn't like Throh and Sawk much though, they took it too far. Hitmonchan gets away with the tunic, but a full, pure-white Judo/Karate robe was too far. I hope X & Y gets the right balance of human-Pokémon, maybe a geisha Pokémon. Is a mermaid Pokémon too far?

I think a mermaid Pokémon would be good, as long as its humanoid features didn't make it look too much like an actual human. I think it would be Normal/Water-type or Psychic/Water-type (some mermaids in legends are known to put sailors to sleep, so since the Psychic-type is known for "Hypnosis," I think it would fit fairly well).

A geisha is possible as well, but it isn't as cool as a mermaid would be, in my opinion.

I think that I would like a Fire-type (because of the star constellation, Sagittarius, being a fire sign) centaur Pokémon. Again, it couldn't be too humanoid so that it still looks like a creature, not a person.

A lot have been mentioned, but it would definitely be cool to see some more mythological animals in pokemon, like a chimera. It would also be nice to have a lion

TrainerSivan said:
I just want a platypus Pokemon already.

Psyduck. Let go of the "duck" in its name; it's a platypus.

I want more varied bugs >:/ A fly, a roach, a walking stick. Also stuff based on north american myths, like the chupacabra, bigfoot, jackalope, hodag, etc. Especially a hodag.
Hodag_1.jpg

Look at this and tell me it's not already a Pokemon.

How about this?
h089031BE

frezgle said:
Psyduck. Let go of the "duck" in its name; it's a platypus.

I want more varied bugs >:/ A fly, a roach, a walking stick. Also stuff based on north american myths, like the chupacabra, bigfoot, jackalope, hodag, etc. Especially a hodag.
Hodag_1.jpg

Look at this and tell me it's not already a Pokemon.
Gengar? However, a chupacabra-like creature would be rather interesing, so would a hodag, unless Gengar really is inspired by it.

Back