XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

Raptor9229 said:
That would be funny, each type kind of has a pokemon that can murder at least one of its weaknesses anyway (Fire/Flying types can kill ice types) except for grass I think. Actually the Lileep line (lileep and Craydily) are rock types so yeah, ice types are weak to rock types and Celebi can kill poison types. Lotad, Lombre, and Ludicolo are middle fingers to fire types.

But I still want the water/steel swordfish to come to reality, we have not had a swordfish and we need one.

Um,

If I understand correctly, the Poison/Dark types already do that for Poison, right? And for Dragon there is Steel and Fire combos already..

But its not that gamefreak is "kinda" intentionally aiming for those situations. It just a matter of time and it probably already happened for most types many gens ago.

okay, I was bored, so I used my mastery of MS paint to do this:

[img width= 400 height=200]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zYw6GhFI3Wg/UcYcbhMGd8I/AAAAAAAAAxk/VkYg270Gifw/s862/velish.png[/img]

Now I really want this guy.

Maybe some different types of bears. Also, a tiger pokemon (do we have one yet?),some more exotic fish pokemon, more powerful bug pokemon, among some others I can't think of right now.

I think Spinda has a lot potential with its DW ability Contrary. If it evolves while keeping that ability, it can be a really good competitive battler.

professorlight said:

[img width= 400 height=200]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zYw6GhFI3Wg/UcYcbhMGd8I/AAAAAAAAAxk/VkYg270Gifw/s862/velish.png[/img]

velish_by_rubberyparts-d6a80xz.jpg

Sorry for blank space. I just wanted to test my fakemon skills, as i haven't designed one in almost a year. Also, I'd really love to see something like Velish be the rival of Clauncher.
Oh, speaking of which.. .It should be like some knife/dagger fish thing and Clauncher, then Velish and Clauncher's revolver or shotgun lobster evolution.

.Towelette said:
Lex said:
What makes you say that?

I think Thief meant that it looked like it was in a shape of a "Z".

No, I just meant it could be a Z and it looks awesome.

[private]Other than that, I'm an American in England, so I'd say it's the same. [/private]

[private]lol, who wrote that?

~AL[/private]

Drohn said:
I think Spinda has a lot potential with its DW ability Contrary. If it evolves while keeping that ability, it can be a really good competitive battler.

Its evolution should have patterns that match the spinda in question.

FloodBadge said:
professorlight said:

Sorry for blank space. I just wanted to test my fakemon skills, as i haven't designed one in almost a year. Also, I'd really love to see something like Velish be the rival of Clauncher.
Oh, speaking of which.. .It should be like some knife/dagger fish thing and Clauncher, then Velish and Clauncher's revolver or shotgun lobster evolution.

That's pretty good, I took some cues from that for a redesign:
velish.png

And shotgun clauncher? now I know what to catch when they churn out the inevitable pokemon: zombie apocalypse edition

Raptor9229 said:
Drohn said:

Its evolution should have patterns that match the spinda in question.

Adding to the hypethetical Spinda evolution talks, I personally always thought if it did get an evo it'd be pure-Flying type... named Twisda (Twister+Panda) because it can spin fast enough to create a tornado.

professorlight said:
FloodBadge said:

That's pretty good, I took some cues from that for a redesign:
velish.png

And shotgun clauncher? now I know what to catch when they churn out the inevitable pokemon: zombie apocalypse edition

Left 4 Dead: Kanto League Edition
Starring: Brock, Misty, Blue, and Red.

anyway, yeah, i find the whole guns vs swords thing to be an amazing rivalry.

Crap.
Nao I really want that Swordfish dude.
Stand alone, pre-evolution?

it needs a little dagger pre-evo lol
or maybe like a hammerhead bred with some kind of sea turtle anvil or torkoal = swordfish? idk

Ya know what I'd love to see?

a Fire/Ice Type Pokemon.

Alix Rooker said:
Crap.

FloodBadge said:
or maybe like a hammerhead bred with some kind of sea turtle anvil or torkoal = swordfish? idk

I was thinking standalone, but If I get any ideas, might as well throw a pre-evo. With daggers! maybe switchblades. No, wait, I got it! don't wait up, I'll be back in a while.

Got an idea, but it was total crap. so, unless any of you got something, standalone it is. That's good, right? like basculin, luvdisc, etc.

I'm tired of proper fish still not having gotten any "serious" line.
With serious line I mean
-3 stages
-interesting pace in design changes across stages
-close to or above ~500 total base stats

most types have such lines by now, and for some reason I find those the most likeable. (I'm leaving out pseudos intentionally) Fellas like
Grass/Fire/Water: all sets of starters
Poison: Nidoking/Nidoqueen/Crobat
Grass: Vileplume/Victreebel/Shiftry
Water: Poliwrath/Kingdra/Ludicolo/Seismitoad
Fighting: Machamp/Conkeldurr
Psychic: Alakazam/Gardevoir/Gothitelle/Reuniclus
Rock: Golem/Gigalith
Ghost: Gengar/Chandelure/Dusknoir
birds: Pidgeot/Staraptor/Unfezant
Ground: Rhyperior/Flygon/Krookodile
Electric: Ampharos/Luxray/Magnezone/Eelektross
Normal: Slaking/Exploud/Porygon-Z/Stoutland
Steel: Aggron/Klinklang
Dragon: Haxorus
Ice: Walrein/Mamoswine/Vanilluxe
heck, with gen 5, even the cliche weak type has gotten some instead of the usual catterpillar that ends up being weak
Bug: Leavanny/Scolipede

as you can see there have been lots as far as being simply Water type goes (5 starters + 4 casual lines)... but it bothers me that still none of them are fish

Which is why I made a fakemon some time ago
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/art/Out-in-the-sea-of-Urora-289949989

Not only the lack of 3 stage fish pokemon upset me, but i don't really like how some animals are mssing.
Peacocks, dogs, persian cat (Persian isn't a persian cat), basilisk/jesus lizard, and maybe a few more godzilla or other daikaijuu references in the pokemon games. We have about 1 for each generation.
Electabuzz (Ultraman monsters Eleking and Kanegon, as it's been stated it was originally called Eleking), Feraligatr (like Godzilla 2K, but likely an older Godzilla), Tyranitar (Named Bangiras, like the Godzilal monster Anguirus, and resembles Godzilla), Nidoking/queen (the Godzilla monster, Baragon), Hydreigon (JP name Sazandorah, like the godzilla monster King Ghidorah), and Volcarona (resembles Mothra, the adopted godzilla monster commonly seen set on fire)

professorlight said:
Alix Rooker said:
Crap.

FloodBadge said:

I was thinking standalone, but If I get any ideas, might as well throw a pre-evo. With daggers! maybe switchblades. No, wait, I got it! don't wait up, I'll be back in a while.

Got an idea, but it was total crap. so, unless any of you got something, standalone it is. That's good, right? like basculin, luvdisc, etc.
No, not like Basculin and Luvdisc. They sucked. I don't see why neither have evolved yet.

I really like your fakemon here. It's cool how you made the transition from sardine to tuna to marlin. Excellent job. Would love to see that in a Pokemon game.

I really want a Split Evolution for Surskit, an evolution where it doesn't lose its Secondary Water Typing. A Diving Beetle would be perfect for a Surskit Split Evolution in my opinion, take a look...

87969d1372006891-expanded-evolution-lines-previous-pokemon-youd-like-see-surskit-split-evolution.png

What do you guys think?

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
What do you guys think?
I like the idea you're trying for, but that looks too odd to be a Surskit evolution. Then again, it does evolve into Masquerain.

The design is good, albeit heavily inspired in ariados, but I think surskit/masquerain are fine just the way they are, surskit is a pond skater, and masquerain's inspiration is related to the pond skater, loses the water type, gains flying type, but keeps its affinity with water.

Back