What changes would you like to see in the TCG

I don't think a ban list will work very well. Say you spent $200 buying an AMU deck, only to find that Mespirit Lv X is banned. That's just wrong.

Mesprit X is not a card that would be typically banned. The 200 damage is an overkill and it has various drawbacks. But yeah, this is an issue with all card games with ban lists, but it should be able to overcome.

Ban list:

-Claydol
-Mesprit X
-Rampardos PT

Reasons:

-Makes the game easier...+ when GE is cycled out, people will freak over claydol.
-200 damage? Not too broken, but 200? I also hate mesprit.
-80 for 1 energy?! Every deck is trying to counter the format, this makes you have more speed.

I was just using Mespirit Lv X as an example. It should not be banned.

Rampardos and Claydol?!?! Claydol is a great card and we'd all be missing it and Rampardos is not as broken as people think it is.

A Ban list could be necessary. :\ Some cards are really overpowered, e.g. Kingdra. You need a little more balance. Also, certain combinations of cards should be banned. I know that last season, there were many voices against Gardi-Gallade. Not the cards specifically, but the oh-so devastating combination.

$1 packs, ROFL.

Gardevoir Gallade was not only beatable, but worse than Empopzong. Jason K said so himself (and it's true - Good Empozong kills a GG).

Kingdra is overpowered? No. Any deck can win against it.

Ariadosguy said:
Gardevoir Gallade was not only beatable, but worse than Empopzong. Jason K said so himself (and it's true - Good Empozong kills a GG).

Kingdra is overpowered? No. Any deck can win against it.

Not if you ran Darkrai/Honchkrow. :\

Any deck can win against it...ROFL.

Notice how I said "can". ;) And anyways, Kingdra has very few "really-good" match-ups.

It's not as broken as you think it is. If it was, it would win waaaaay more CC's.

The more I play in tournaments, the more I miss the "old" game... Back when Potions were awesome.

I'm going to jump on the ban-list bandwagon, but I don't think Mesprit Lv. X belongs there. I run Sprites myself, and the deck can't "donk" or anything like that. That's 200 damage you have to work for, and from a very low HP Pokémon at that. Snowpoints help a little bit, but not much. A Sprites deck requires too much setup to be considered broken. I'd figure even the AMU Net Decks are like that.

Ariadosguy said:
Notice how I said "can". ;) And anyways, Kingdra has very few "really-good" match-ups.

It's not as broken as you think it is. If it was, it would win waaaaay more CC's.

True, but saying any deck made me think of the Armaldo deck I had. It was okay, but it couldn't stand up to Kingdra.

I hope I'm not repeating anything, but these are some things I'd like to see changed in the TCG...

- A better guarantee in packs/boxes. I'd like to see a guarantee 1 Rare, 5 Commons, and 4 Uncommons in a pack. I'd also like to see one of those cards be a Holo, and at least one be a trainer. I'd also like to see a guarantee of 2 Lv. Xs in a box.

- I'm not sure how many league leaders/owners post on this forum, but a complaint I've had for a few months now is the changing of the way league leaders report and order for league seasons. For those who aren't familiar, at the end of each league season a league leader has to send a report to Pokemon USA with how many players participated in his/her league seasons. The number of players reported affects how much prize support the league leader receives. In the past, a name, birthday, and POP ID was all that was needed to report a player. In the past few months Pokemon USA has changed the rules so that only players with accounts on Go-Pokemon can be counted towards a player count. What this means, essentially, is that a player who doesn't have internet access, or who's parents won't let them sign up, etc. does not get prize support.

- More useful cards, and less over the top cards. I don't know if anyone here shares my thoughts, but I've noticed that out of the 100 cards (let's use that as an example) in any given set, only 20-30 are ever used competitively, with a handful of those becoming part of the meta game. What I'd like to see is an increase in the number of cards that are useful, and a decrease in the number of cards that spawn crazy combinations, etc. I respect that the game is very competitive, and I use competitive decks, but overall I'd like to see deck building become more of a challenge and see competitive players have a larger pool to draw from, without the non-competitive players being absolutely stomped out for not playing the meta.

- Competitive starter decks. In my experiences I've seen a lot of kids who are interested in the game, and buy a starter deck, only to get crushed by more competitive players, and never play again because they're so embarrassed and have been turned off from the game. Ideally I'd like to see these decks come with a fairly good deck that maybe has been used in the meta, and instructions on the most viable way of running it.

Good thread, I'll contribute more later!

kwisdumb said:
I hope I'm not repeating anything, but these are some things I'd like to see changed in the TCG...

- A better guarantee in packs/boxes. I'd like to see a guarantee 1 Rare, 5 Commons, and 4 Uncommons in a pack. I'd also like to see one of those cards be a Holo, and at least one be a trainer. I'd also like to see a guarantee of 2 Lv. Xs in a box.

- I'm not sure how many league leaders/owners post on this forum, but a complaint I've had for a few months now is the changing of the way league leaders report and order for league seasons. For those who aren't familiar, at the end of each league season a league leader has to send a report to Pokemon USA with how many players participated in his/her league seasons. The number of players reported affects how much prize support the league leader receives. In the past, a name, birthday, and POP ID was all that was needed to report a player. In the past few months Pokemon USA has changed the rules so that only players with accounts on Go-Pokemon can be counted towards a player count. What this means, essentially, is that a player who doesn't have internet access, or who's parents won't let them sign up, etc. does not get prize support.

- More useful cards, and less over the top cards. I don't know if anyone here shares my thoughts, but I've noticed that out of the 100 cards (let's use that as an example) in any given set, only 20-30 are ever used competitively, with a handful of those becoming part of the meta game. What I'd like to see is an increase in the number of cards that are useful, and a decrease in the number of cards that spawn crazy combinations, etc. I respect that the game is very competitive, and I use competitive decks, but overall I'd like to see deck building become more of a challenge and see competitive players have a larger pool to draw from, without the non-competitive players being absolutely stomped out for not playing the meta.

- Competitive starter decks. In my experiences I've seen a lot of kids who are interested in the game, and buy a starter deck, only to get crushed by more competitive players, and never play again because they're so embarrassed and have been turned off from the game. Ideally I'd like to see these decks come with a fairly good deck that maybe has been used in the meta, and instructions on the most viable way of running it.

I couldn't have said it better.
I agree 100%

No more RH. They are no advantage to game players. As a collector, they are a hassle.

kwisdumb said:

AMEN! I have nothing to add. You summed everything up perfectly!:cool:

The main thing I'd like to see is better, more consistent art. I've noticed lately the art has gotten better on the cards, but there are still some cards that are just laughable in their artistic quality. I mean...

uglyjb0.jpg

seriously? what were they thinking? I'm sure that's not the worst of it, but I just recently got back into collecting and I started with stormfront. I'm sure there are some horrific EX and NG cards.

Also, I'd like to see reverse holos go away because they are ugly.

Back