• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

What about the future of Genesect/Virizion?

matuxlogan

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone! Im from Argentina (im sorry for my bad english) and i rly want to test the next deck, because in this season i could't get the classification to the nacional of my country. I want to be a little bit ready for the next season, so i rly want to test this deck (i love virizion btw), so here is a list about what i made:

Pokemon

• VIRIZION EX X4
    GENESECT EX X4
Trainers

• Plasma badge x2
    colress machine x3
    hypnotoxic lazer x4
    rod x1
    plasma ball x3
    ultra ball x2
    scape rope x4
    tool scrapper x2
    shadow triad x3
    skyla x3
    caitlin x2
    colress x3
    juniper x3
    virbank city x2
    Computer search/scramble switch/dowsing machine (whats better here?)
Energy

• 10 grass
    4 plasma

Virizion-EX – Grass – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Spring Breeze
Pokemon with [G] Energy attached to them cannot be affected by Special Conditions. (Remove all Special Conditions from your Pokemon with [G] Energy attached to them.)

[G][C] Emerald Slash: 50 damage. You can attach 2 [G] Energy from your deck to one of your Benched Pokemon. If you do, shuffle your deck afterwards.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 1

Genesect-EX – Grass – HP170
Basic Pokemon (Team Plasma)

Ability: Red Signal
When you attach a Plasma Energy to this Pokemon from your hand, you may switch your opponent’s Active Pokemon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon.

[G][G][C] Megalo-Cannon: 100 damage. Does 20 damage to one of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench.)

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Caitlin – Trainer
Supporter

Return any number of cards from your hand to the bottom of your deck in any order you like. Then, draw an equal number of cards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Strategy
As u can see, i dont play pokemon catcher (i dont know whats gonna happend about this card, so ill test first with scape rope, just in case). I was thinking about the strategy of this deck, of corse is Virizion + Plasma Badge + Colress Machine = 1 grass energy + 1 plasma energy, and genesct in the bench. Ill retreat virizion (using the plasma energy to the discard) then i'll use Shadow Triad to get that energy again in my hand, put it on genesect (catcher effect), then attack. Caitlin is just a nice support. 

I rly need ANY advice, like another way to play it, another kind of list, what cards should i take off for others, etc. 
Ill be expecting all kind of help. Thank u!

You could always add one of the future ace specs items used specifically for Genesect. The cannon allows it to do 200 damage, thats awesome. Also, adding one lugia could also be pretty good for this deck because Virizion and colress machine will set him up quick. If you do like the lugia idea, then scramble switch will be the go to ace spec.

raboyto said:
You could always add one of the future ace specs items used specifically for Genesect. The cannon allows it to do 200 damage, thats awesome. Also, adding one lugia could also be pretty good for this deck because Virizion and colress machine will set him up quick. If you do like the lugia idea, then scramble switch will be the go to ace spec.

Yes, i was thinking about lugia ex, i rly like the idea, but what can i repleace for lugia?

- 3-4 virizion EX
- 3-4 Genesect
- 1-2 lugia

(9 Pokemon)

-4 N
-4 Hypnotoxic Laser
-3 Plasma Ball
-3 Float Stone
-3 Juniper
-3 Colress Machine
-3 Catcher
-3 Switch
-2 Ultra Ball
-2 Virbank
-2 Plasma Badge
-2 Colress
-1 Ghentis
-1 Skyla
-1 Scramble Switch or Genesect Ace Spec

(37 Trainers)

-10 Grass Energy
-4 Plasma Energy

(14 energy)

I hate to sound unproductive but a certain sigilyph will steamroll this deck. Plasma klang variants will give this problems also do you have any non ex attackers in mind?

raboyto said:
- 3-4 virizion EX
- 3-4 Genesect
- 1-2 lugia

(9 Pokemon)

-4 N
-4 Hypnotoxic Laser
-3 Plasma Ball
-3 Float Stone
-3 Juniper
-3 Colress Machine
-3 Catcher
-3 Switch
-2 Ultra Ball
-2 Virbank
-2 Plasma Badge
-2 Colress
-1 Ghentis
-1 Skyla
-1 Scramble Switch or Genesect Ace Spec

(37 Trainers)

-10 Grass Energy
-4 Plasma Energy

(14 energy)

Nice :D i like it, ill test it

spiritomb said:
I hate to sound unproductive but a certain sigilyph will steamroll this deck. Plasma klang variants will give this problems also do you have any non ex attackers in mind?

Yes, that's one of the biggest problems here, i don't know what non ex attacker should i put in here, any idea? (i've thinking about giratina ex, for the 'shred', but i want a rly non ex here)

Plasma Snorlax? Virizion EX is gonna be colress machine'd anyway and you can use Virizion EX to help power up snorlax.

If you're up against Latias EX, i can only think of Tornadus. As long as you attack first, you will have the upper hand. You can include blend GPRD's and include attackers like Plasma Giratina (you play laser anyway, and plasma giratina can power up snorlax's teampact), Plasma Absol or Plasma Darkrai...

This one.
Darkrai – Darkness – HP110

[D][C] Blend into Darkness: 30 damage. You may switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon.
[D][D][C][C] Dark Void: 90 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2
Plasma Giratina is a better choice though. Darkrai's attack doesnt sound worth it.

IceCascade said:
Plasma Snorlax? Virizion EX is gonna be colress machine'd anyway and you can use Virizion EX to help power up snorlax.

If you're up against Latias EX, i can only think of Tornadus. As long as you attack first, you will have the upper hand. You can include blend GPRD's and include attackers like Plasma Giratina (you play laser anyway, and plasma giratina can power up snorlax's teampact), Plasma Absol or Plasma Darkrai...

This one.
Darkrai – Darkness – HP110

[D][C] Blend into Darkness: 30 damage. You may switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon.
[D][D][C][C] Dark Void: 90 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2
Plasma Giratina is a better choice though. Darkrai's attack doesnt sound worth it.

guess giratina can work here, im sure ill try it, i want to try every single way to play this deck

I doubt there will be many people running latias EX, but sig and suicuine are definitely true. Possible non-ex attackers could be bouffalant, normal virizion or normal genesect (if i remember correctly there is a normal one coming out too and it's not half bad), or snorlax. I don't really recommend snorlax because he is slow, but he definitely makes up for it in power.

Your call. My best suggestion is bouff and if latias comes up just lasers that thing! The main reason latias won't be too popular is because of thundurous and kyruem atm.

Also, giritina is an option, but you'll have to run psychs/blends/prisms. But, it does work with lasers and plasma format well.

14 Pokemon
4 Virizion EX
4 Gensect EX
2 Gensect
1 Snorlax
3 Deoxys
20 Items
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Colress Machine
3 Team Plasma Badge
2 Super Rod
1 Random Receiver
1 G-Booster
2 Skyrow Bridge
2 Pokemon Comuinication
2 Ultra Ball
13 Supporters
4 N
2 Caitlin
4 Professor Juniper
3 Skyla
13 Energy
4 Plasma
9 Grass

I decided not to use Hypnotoxic Laser because I am guessing this is going to be a popular deck or even if it just semi-popular you really just cant hypnotoxic laser pokemon with energy with virizion EX in play so it is pointless

spiritomb said:

Virizion NV will be a reprint

PTCGMASTER said:
you need different kind of pokemon a fire pokemon or a fire deck will just wreck this deck moltres ex would eat this deck for dinner you need to add more pokemon of differnt type you also need to run non ex non grass pokemon mewtwo tornadorus will help and you do not need that much stuff here this will be a little better deck
11 Pokemon
3 Virizion EX
3 Gensect EX
2 tornadorus EX
1 Kyurem (plasma freeze)
1 Virizion/latias/siglyph/boufalant/snorlax/Giritina
1 Virizion/latias/siglyph/boufalant/snorlax/Giritina

4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Hypnotoxic Lasers
2 Virbank City Gym
2 Skyla's
2 Ns
1 Ghetsis
2 Professor Juniper
2 Caitlin
2 Shadow Triad
4 Colress Machine
1 switch
1 float stone
2 Team Plasma Badge
3 Ultra ball
1 Scramble Switch

Energy (it really matter what you pick Virizion/latias/siglyph/boufalant/snorlax/Giritina)
for Latias you blend energy virizion basic grass energy siglyph blend bouflant DCE snorlax DCE giritina blend
4 Plasma
4 Prism
8 Grass energy

i like it, with a little changes, but i like it, ill try it out :)

i'm trying to make this deck a heal kinda deck.

3 virizion-ex
3 genesect-ex
3-1-3 superior(royal heal)
tangrowth(BC)/leafeon/tropius(MC)
2 exeggcute

4 plasma
8-10 grass (don't know how many yet)

2 pokemon centers
4 potions
3 catchers
3 colress
3 superior energy retrieval
1 g-scope ace spec(hit for 100)

archangeljuicy said:
i'm trying to make this deck a heal kinda deck.

3 virizion-ex
3 genesect-ex
3-1-3 superior(royal heal)
tangrowth(BC)/leafeon/tropius(MC)
2 exeggcute

4 plasma
8-10 grass (don't know how many yet)

2 pokemon centers
4 potions
3 catchers
3 colress
3 superior energy retrieval
1 g-scope ace spec(hit for 100)
this deck is not meant to heal it is meant to get virizion EX hopefully first turn and get energy on gensect as fast as possible and putting g-booster on gensect to OHKO

Colress Machine doesn't let Genesect's ability work. I do not recommend it. The ability only works if the energy is attached from the hand, not the deck.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Genesect_(BW-P_Promo_209) this is how you deal with siglyph and all the non-ex

PTCGMASTER said:
14 Pokemon
4 Virizion EX
4 Gensect EX
2 Gensect
1 Snorlax
3 Deoxys
20 Items
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Colress Machine
3 Team Plasma Badge
2 Super Rod
1 Random Receiver
1 G-Booster
2 Skyrow Bridge
2 Pokemon Comuinication
2 Ultra Ball
13 Supporters
4 N
2 Caitlin
4 Professor Juniper
3 Skyla
13 Energy
4 Plasma
9 Grass

I decided not to use Hypnotoxic Laser because I am guessing this is going to be a popular deck or even if it just semi-popular you really just cant hypnotoxic laser pokemon with energy with virizion EX in play so it is pointless
i Just edited mine deck list

Hegafire0 said:
Colress Machine doesn't let Genesect's ability work. I do not recommend it. The ability only works if the energy is attached from the hand, not the deck.
you do not need 8 Pokemon Catcher I am fine with 5-8 pokemon catchers and Virizion EX first turn Emerald Slash is really good

PTCGMASTER said:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Genesect_(BW-P_Promo_209) this is how you deal with siglyph and all the non-ex

PTCGMASTER said:
14 Pokemon
4 Virizion EX
4 Gensect EX
2 Gensect
1 Snorlax
3 Deoxys
20 Items
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Colress Machine
3 Team Plasma Badge
2 Super Rod
1 Random Receiver
1 G-Booster
2 Skyrow Bridge
2 Pokemon Comuinication
2 Ultra Ball
13 Supporters
4 N
2 Caitlin
4 Professor Juniper
3 Skyla
13 Energy
4 Plasma
9 Grass

Hegafire0 said:
you do not need 8 Pokemon Catcher I am fine with 5-8 pokemon catchers and Virizion EX first turn Emerald Slash is really good

If you use Genesect's ability, you don't need to run Catchers (Mabye 1 for safety, that's what I play), giving you 3-4 extra slots.

Hegafire0 said:
PTCGMASTER said:

If you use Genesect's ability, you don't need to run Catchers (Mabye 1 for safety, that's what I play), giving you 3-4 extra slots.

i fell like this our metagame is super fast that first turn virizion is good and i don't have to colress machine on gensect EX so now that i think about it i think i should take out some pokemon catcher until i have 2

Why not run G-Booster to deal with Sigilyph and Suicune? Since the attack goes through all effects on the defending pokemon, it goes through Safeguard and Plasma Steel.

raboyto said:
- 3-4 virizion EX
- 3-4 Genesect
- 1-2 lugia

(9 Pokemon)

-4 N
-4 Hypnotoxic Laser
-3 Plasma Ball
-3 Float Stone
-3 Juniper
-3 Colress Machine
-3 Catcher