• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

What about the future of Genesect/Virizion?

I would like something like this:

Pokemon 12-15:
3/4 Virizion EX
3 Geneset EX
2/3 Genesect
1 Lugia EX
3/4 Deoxys EX

Supporters 13/14:
4 Juniper
4 N
1/2 Shadow Triad (if you are playing G-Booster)
3 Skyla (easier Plasma Badge/Colress Machine, etc)
1 Colress (with Genesect, Deoxys and Virizion you might get a big bench)

Items 16/17:
3 Colress Machine (Virizion T1)
2/3 Plasma Badge (3 gives you a bigger chance of drawing it even though it isn't probable you'll need more than 2)
4 Catcher (always a must no matter if you have Genesect as can't attach the Plasma Energy every turn)
4 Plasma Ball
3 Ultra Ball
1 G-Booster/Computer Search/Scramble Switch/Dowsing Machine
2 HTL

Energies 14:
10 Grass
4 Plasma

Very flexible depending on what do you want to run, preference, etc.

dont run HypnoToxic Laser because when this set comes out if anyone plays virizion EX it is useless

PTCGMASTER said:
dont run HypnoToxic Laser because when this set comes out if anyone plays virizion EX it is useless

That was my first thought (that's why I included only 2) but your opponent needs to attach an energy card. If you go first you might get extra damage on the opponents active. You will also hit for 60 if you get the T1 Virizion (KO on Squirtle) so it is a nice plus. Take into account that not all decks (even though a lot of decks) won't run Virizion because it actually need Grass energy to be attached so many decks won't be able to afford it.

It depends of the deck. If you are going against Genesect/Virizion, it is useless but if your opponent is running TDK, Plasma Box, Klinklang, Darkrai (they run Keldeo though but you might as well OHKO it with Genesect), Big Basics and Garboland, it will still get you that +10 (or 30 if Virbank is in play). The only decks that actually have full immunity to HTL are Keldeo decks (which you OHKO already and OHKO BK with the ACE SPEC) and Virizion decks.

Hegafire0 said:
Colress Machine doesn't let Genesect's ability work. I do not recommend it. The ability only works if the energy is attached from the hand, not the deck.

The fact that you are accelerating energy more than makes up for the fact that you aren't using the ability. You might not even need to use it, plus depending on if they rotate the format, catcher will be better than genesect's ability. Colress machine is a staple in any deck that can accelerate with it naturally (having plasma pokes). It still needs to be tested, but from what I know with TDK colress machine can be the difference between attacking and passing for a turn.

first turn Emerald Slash is to good to pass up sorry (and you still have plasma energy so you can still pokemon catcher

I'm gonna go ahead and bring this thread back to life, because I'm thinking of playing it come August 14th. I usually hate playing big meta decks and I go with rogues/fun decks, but this just seems too great to ignore.
As much as G-Booster gets around Latias/Sigilyph/Suicune/Klinklang, it's probably still safe to say a non-EX attacker is appropriate; Tool Scrapper does still exist.

Personally, I'm thinking of running a Pokémon line of:
3 Virizion EX
3 Genesect EX
3-3 Drifblim (2 Plasma Blast, 1 Dragons Exalted)
1 Bouffalant
1 Virizion NVI.
Total: 14

Plenty of non-EX power there. Drifblim's strategy is brilliant, potentially doing 70 for zero energy cost then piling on damage from the DRX Drifblim. Virizion NVI is just brilliant, as is Bouffalant.
Thoughts? :)

If this deck becomes tier one, I will go back to using plus power or ditch Darkrai. The Genesect Promo is amazing, mostly because of the first move. This deck could make Suicune a popular card in Blastoise/Keldeo (If it still exists, which probably will because they are both in Bundaries Crossed) and Latias/Siglyph could rise.

Thunder Crown said:
This deck could make Suicune a popular card in Blastoise/Keldeo (If it still exists, which probably will because they are both in Bundaries Crossed)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there's a Suicune in this format or coming out in Plasma Blast

Pokewiz1999 said:
Thunder Crown said:
This deck could make Suicune a popular card in Blastoise/Keldeo (If it still exists, which probably will because they are both in Bundaries Crossed)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there's a Suicune in this format or coming out in Plasma Blast

Suicune to potentially be in Plasma Blast.
Consider yourself corrected. It was in the Blastoise/Kyurem Strength Deck in Japan. :)

Will G boosters attack go through sigilyph, silver mirror and Klinklang because of its description: "This attack's damage isn't affected by any effects on the defending pokémon"?

Fistymcnutz said:
Will G boosters attack go through sigilyph, silver mirror and Klinklang because of its description: "This attack's damage isn't affected by any effects on the defending pokémon"?

Yes. By any effects that includes weakness, resistance, abilities, the whole bunch. Although it'll only work if they're active.

Thunder Crown said:
plasma badge+colress Machine is the only way you'll get T1 Emerald Slash, unless you use etherdex.

It works ridiculously well, I've had this deck proxied for a while now and I've done quite a fair amount of testing. As for EtherDex, there's simply no point considering you already have energy acceleration. It just eats up your item slots.
A few notes I must make about this deck from some testing:
  • Skyarrow Brige is a MUST. HypnoBank does work really well in this deck, but you need to be playing 2 Skyarrow. If not, your energies just vanish before your eyes.
  • Super Rod/Energy Retrieval. I tested with 1 Rod, nowhere near enough. Tested with 2 Rods, still not quite enough. I haven't tested much further than this, but my next idea is 3 Rods and 1 Retrieval. For some reason, this deck just eats energy alive.
  • 4 Virizion EX. You have to. If you don't, you're never going to get that T1 Emerald Slash. Add this with 3-4 Plasma Badge, 3-4 Colress Machine and you shouldn't have a problem getting started.
  • Less than 4 Catchers. My deck has been playing only 2 Catchers but with Genesect's ability and 4 Plasma Energy, you'll find yourself using that ability more often than you might think.
  • Shadow Triad. I've been playing 2, and they've been life savers getting back the G-Booster, and even managing to recycle Plasma Energies to get a bonus Catcher effect. Another must-have card in this deck.

Back