Finished Werewolf XXXIV - The Great Turf War! - Game Over! - Octavios Take the Prize!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
My apologies for the slight delay!

After a literally explosive night at their camps, the Inklings woke up and saw a sharp decrease in their numbers today. They were starting to get anxious.

"Is this what war is like? If it is, I want no part in it!"

"But we must do this for Inkopolis. The Octarians are coming and we MUST be prepared!"

"Yeah, but I still don't see why this training camp needs to be so brutal"

Already beaten from last night, The Princess of Insects fell after a heavy barrage weakened their already frail body.

"Today is a tragedy for all six-legged creatures! Long live the Princess! Death to all spiders!", shouted one of their comrades.

The Princess of Insects has been splatted! They were bbninjas!
You’re an Inkling on Team Marie. You win if you eliminate the entirety of Team Judd and Team DJ Octavio.
They had the Inkbrush. It will be returned to the shop.

Although they felt fine the previous night, Sumia's Pies were fully cooked and baked to a crisp. Chrom wouldn't be having one any time soon...

Sumia's Pies has died! They were King Xerneas!
You’re an Inkling on Team Callie. You win if you eliminate the entirety of Team Marie and Team Judd.
They had the Tri-Slosher Deco. It will be returned to the Shop.

Today was the day the Great Zapfish would descend and take the disobedient squids to the beach with no end. He took two squids with him and they disappeared without a trace.

"The Great Zapfish is so cool!"

"All hail the Great Zapfish"

Butt Butt and Shield Butt has been modkilled... They were Ice Espeon!
You’re an Inkling on Team Judd. You win if you eliminate the entirety of Team Callie and Team DJ Octavio.
They had the L-3 Nozzlenose. It will be returned to the Shop.

Yarn Yoshi's Chewed on Foot has been modkilled... They were Skyleaf2000!
You’re an Inkling on Team Callie. You win if you eliminate the entirety of Team Marie and Team Judd.

There are now 9 Inklings remaining...

On his way back to The Beach with no End, the Great Zapfish left a note.

"I shall not hesitate to take more with me if they disobey. However, I will give notice before my wrath is unleashed.

...Oh, and it's possible that one squad could win the game by the end of Night 3!

Day 3 ends June 13 at 5pm PST.

Countdown URL: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20160613T18&p0=80&msg=Day+3+End&font=cursive

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Q: what happens when one side hammers and the other hasn't?

A: the side that hammers will need to wait until the other side had decided, is fine has run out. Whichever comes first.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Y'all finished the phase before I finished the flavor update...

Your lynch today is between Cranky Kong's Childhood and Wario's Smooth Moves.

You have until 2pm PST to decide.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
While The Great Zapfish slept the night away, the Inklings were busy plotting their next attack. They quickly decided to splat Cranky Kong's Childhood. The old man was no match for the quick assault from the younger Inklings and was quickly splatted.

Cranky Kong's Childhood was splatted. They were Camoclone!
They had a Splattershot. It will be returned to the shop.

Night 3 starts now and will end June 15 at 8am PST.

Your Splatfest today deals with the most important question in an Inkling's life. Lives are at stake with this question and taking it seriously is paramount!

Are you a kid?
or are you a squid?

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Sorry for the delay; I got used to updates being in the evening and an early morning one caught me off guard.

Update will be within an hour when I get home.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
The end is finally in sight for one of the teams. They gathered around Samus is a Woman?! and shot her repeatedly last night until she was no longer with them.

After taking off her helmet, they announced to the survivors her role PM:

You’re an Inkling on Team Judd. You win if you eliminate the entirety of Team Callie and Team DJ Octavio.
They also announced that Samus is a Woman?! was Luispipe8 and were sure to announce that their weapon was the Zink Splat Charger, before the merchant returned it to his store.

They made one final announcement: Team Judd had been eliminated!

Note: Every living player picked Kid. So we will not be having separate threads today. The main game thread has been unlocked and you'll use it today. The usual 75% vote requirement is still necessary, which is 6 votes of 7.

Day 4 ends June 18 at 2pm PST. I will be away on the 17th and 18th, so please direct any questions to @Celever for those two days.

Also, the game could very likely end with this phase.

Celever

Wheeeee~
With the finish post up ahead, the players all chose to remain as kids as the game neared its final bend. The players all gathered around Wario's Smooth Moves and very humanely uhh... killed him. Dx

After Wario's Smooth Moves became clumsy, he announced to the survivors his role PM:
They also discovered that Wario's Smooth Moves was in fact xdoggerx and that he was wielding the blaster when he died.

And with his death, Team Callie has been gotten rid of!

This is allegedly game end but, as I'm sure you guys have been able to tell, Prof's been doing all the hosting. :p He was unavailable to update right now, but no one post until he gets back and finishes things up properly! <3

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Yup. Game over.

Ask Your Mom has been endgamed. They were Squirtle Squad of Team Marie.

The Last Tree-Named Professor was endgamed. They were thegrovlekid of Team Marie!

Team DJ Octavio has won! Congrats to The World's Biggest Barrel Roll (simsands), Ema's Endless Snakoos (quakingpunch73), Reyn Time (Robin Aisaga) and Kirby's Stomach (double o squirtle).

Postgame should come tomorrow when I'm not operating on an hour of sleep!

Thanks for playing the game!

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Well SS, we got bodied. GG everyone!

I do think the game had its flaws, but it's probably the best ProBoards can get. The biggest issue with the game was the complete lack of anything to actually talk about during the day.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
I do think the game had its flaws, but it's probably the best ProBoards can get. The biggest issue with the game was the complete lack of anything to actually talk about during the day.
Yeah.

However, I will disagree with your (constant) complaint about the game just being RVS. The Octavios were constantly analyzing voting patterns to make informed guesses on who was on what team, so their votes were completely serious.

I actually have faith in this kind of multiball working with a bit of an overhaul after seeing how much work they put into it.

Entire forum has been made accessible to everyone.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
However, I will disagree with your (constant) complaint about the game just being RVS. The Octavios were constantly analyzing voting patterns to make informed guesses on who was on what team, so their votes were completely serious.
Really? I should've thought of that. Though for how much I complained, the game was leagues better than I was expecting it to go, so props to that.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Yeah.... I think the voting analysis and the squid girl chat attributed to our success. Take night 2 for example. After looking at votes, we decided that killing Sumia and Princess (KX and bb) would be the best. We then tricked KX into targeting Dos, who used their special to do 90 damage to KX. Robin then did ten to KX and bb, who was at 90 from the previous night, killing both of them. Was there a deadchat, for any of you who died?

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
GG. :)

I had a feeling you were Ema for quite a while, Quaking. Your writing style is fairly easy to notice and you were on pretty much the same times as I was but I don't think it said much so that's fine.

I do have quite a few thoughts about the game.

There was a LOT of inactivity in this game which was pretty obvious. The game being multi-ball definitely cut down inactivity quite a bit. Since there was no scumhunting, it literally was a huge game of RVS until people started analysing the votes.

Weapons were another thing that I want to mention. The fact that there were no factional kills was an interesting concept that I wanted to see. After my team got all our weapons however and since we were really lucky with not getting killed, we essentially got a factional kill. It seemed a little unfair since once teams were down a couple players, their weapons were the only things keeping them alive and they would take longer to land a kill. The weapons could either do tons of damage or decent amounts. Some of them functioned as watchers/trackers but we focused more on the fact that that same attack could deal 70 damage.

OC was new for me and I liked it since it gave the opportunity to influence and trick other teams as well as backfire. Thanks bb for making a QT with girls. You basically told us that we needed to kill you. :p

I loved the alias names. I would've rather had Roller Skating Chicken but that's just me. It was really hard to keep identities a complete secret. V/LA made it easier to find out who was who. RSC and Professor were on V/LA from Friday to Sunday during the game. That's when Regionals and other big events usually take place. Guess who said they were going to Regionals on those exact same days. Jesi and TGK. I had to go away for a week at one point. I tried not to mention it in public, but I wasn't online for a week and neither was Kirby. Anyone who bothered to pay attention to things like that could see that.

Still, I liked playing the game and it was fun. Thanks for having it PP and Celever!

Status
Not open for further replies.