Finished Werewolf XXXIII: Order in the Court!- Congratulations Law!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you ever shared thoughts on Jabber. Do that.
Sure, why not.

While I do appreciate defence (who doesn't?) I'm not sure if Jabber realized that RVS was, well, RVS. And for as much as I hate that it always seems to land on me (Every. FREAKING. GAME.) it is important to guage reactions. In this case, we got a reaction from Jabber reacting to EM either RVSing or Bandwagoning (Not sure which one to call it since there was multiple votes on me) as well as Cypher RVSing me during the end of the "tech Jesi how to play WW" phase.

Exhibit A:
Jabberwock said:
I rather think we've gotten a good amount of logic. TGK's and Jesi's names, among others, have been up in the air for lynching today, while EM's hasn't even surfaced. I know he's been inactive up to now, but you don't really help the day along by picking a random name after four or five pages.

Jabber's been in a few games to notice this (or he could read back; I'm in the process of reading through Revelation again) but even if there's a "decent" lead (No D1 leads are exceptional except the game where Drohn claimed indie D1 by accident) RVS usually continues for a while as people catch up with the thread or don't like the current leads.

Exhibit B:
Jabberwock said:
If everyone could stop RVSing tgk for no other reason than D&D, and instead finding an actual reason or even building a case relative to this game that could help us find a scum to lynch, that'd be great. ^.^

Here, Jabber gallantly comes to my aid! \o/

Here, Jabber tries to stop RVS. While RVS is annoying at times, you can't stop it because it allows people to guage reactions. You also can't really have a case at this early stage in the game (outside of the obnixous vote wall), and trying to stop RVS, which can lead to cases due to reaction, is a step towards stopping discussion, something that the scum want.

happy, Celever?

My top 3 scumreads in no particular order are Robin, Jabber, and EM.

Do you and @thegrovylekid know each other irl or on another forum beside PokéBeach?
we know eachother in real life. I was the one to convince her to sign up, if I recall correctly.

@bbninjas, I'm skilled at breaking people. The content of their break is what I care about. People break regardless of alignment, but what happens when they do so is different. In Future in Statis I believe you got lynched fairly early when you crumbled, whereas in the other games where you crumbled you weren't lynched.

I don't know why you seem to think I target you all the time. Maybe I just find more small things in your posts to use? I don't target you specifically. :<
Sure, why not.

While I do appreciate defence (who doesn't?) I'm not sure if Jabber realized that RVS was, well, RVS. And for as much as I hate that it always seems to land on me (Every. FREAKING. GAME.) it is important to guage reactions. In this case, we got a reaction from Jabber reacting to EM either RVSing or Bandwagoning (Not sure which one to call it since there was multiple votes on me) as well as Cypher RVSing me during the end of the "tech Jesi how to play WW" phase.

Exhibit A:

Jabber's been in a few games to notice this (or he could read back; I'm in the process of reading through Revelation again) but even if there's a "decent" lead (No D1 leads are exceptional except the game where Drohn claimed indie D1 by accident) RVS usually continues for a while as people catch up with the thread or don't like the current leads.

Exhibit B:

Here, Jabber gallantly comes to my aid! \o/

Here, Jabber tries to stop RVS. While RVS is annoying at times, you can't stop it because it allows people to guage reactions. You also can't really have a case at this early stage in the game (outside of the obnixous vote wall), and trying to stop RVS, which can lead to cases due to reaction, is a step towards stopping discussion, something that the scum want.

happy, Celever?

tl;dr. Always include a conclusive paragraph.

I mean, I did read it, but I still don't see what conclusions you've drawn besides the fact he's one of your 3 top scumreads. Add a little "this makes him scum because..." at the end of the paragraphs, because that's just describing his play -- not explaining why he's scum.

It'd be nice if you don't use the same future reference as me (inc. the []s) because it messes me up when I use the search function later in the game.
I just used the [future reference] as a joke referring to your method. I'm not actually making notes using it. :>

This is for your [future reference] when you use the search function. :>

here, have some links if you feel like reading up my metas:

Times I was scum:
Revelation: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/werewolf-xxvii-revelation.125108/ - Lynched day 7, inactived, probably not good to read through to look for my meta
Future in Stasis: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...ver-town-wins-now-w-postgame-analysis.126822/ - Lynched day 1 (RIP)
Dimensional Shift: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...sional-shift-the-first-postgame-is-up.129035/ - Never Lynched

Times I was town:
Omega Alpha: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...omega-alpha-game-finished-postgame-up.125701/ - Nearly lynched day 1/2
Grima's Rebirth: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/werewolf-xxxi-grimas-rebirth-game-over-town-wins.127738/ - Nearly Lynched day 1/2/whatever the last day was

All of these except Revelation (because I was new and didn't play) and Dimensional Shift (where I really only signed up because I figured you'd need an extra player and didn't like the mechanic from the start so I was really inactive. Plus, proboards.) have me playing very flippy, reckless, and generally contradictory when I was either scum or town. Every single game after getting a few votes I usually end up getting super defensive. Then I claim early, get another load of votes on me and end up in a "me or him" situation. Every. Single. Game.

... It's a pain in the arse, but it's how I play. From this, at least I can conclude that there is no difference between my scum and town meta unless I'm inactive, in which case I'm probably scum.

Linked all the games I was in in case you think I'm biased or something.
You actually are just bringing up figures (in this case, links and data) that mean nothing. Just because you had a habit of nearly being lynched Day 1/2 is not directly proportional with your scum meta/how you play.

God, EM, can't you at least try to be useful?

And before someone calls this out as echoing, it's rather hard to view the forums or post when you're in lifeguarding.
WOAHWOAHWOAH

Is TGK seriously pulling up EM again? Far out. I am sooooo happy with this TGK lynch.

(And if you don't understand why this is a BIG tell: It is classic TGK trying to get attention off him by a) focusing solely on someone else and b) focusing on the easiest player to get lynched. It's effectively his default "whelp, I'm getting lynched" action.)

You want a case? I've given you two cases on two different players, both of which you've refused.
You actually don't get it. Your cases are very scummy. Lemme explain:

Robin:
- AtE
- Extremely early claim
- OMGUS
- General suspiciousness about posts (I've never seen a newbie make that big of a post)
- Accusing the actives (I'm sure one of the actives is scum, but most definitely not all of us. @Robin Aisaga, roles are randomized and you generally end up with a few active scum and a few inactive scum)
There is two things here. Firstly, you are throwing around terms that you don't actually know how they relate to someone being scum. Someone can easily say someone is being AtE and OMGUSy, but do you know how that is a scumtell? In what situations are these things are scumtell? In particular, I think AtE is an overused term that lacks scumtell value in most situations. Town uses AtE all the time. I've seen soooo many town use it. I used it. PP has used it. I think Keeper uses it. This is especially the case when people are just tunneling and your logical reasoning appears to be completely ignored... because, well, what else is there for you to do??

The second thing is that you're being very hypocritical. You made an extremely early claim too, y'know...

EM:
- Complete lack of content in any of his posts
- Doesn't even try to contribute
Hmmm, how many other players fall into the same boat? Let me tell you - a lot. This is also EM you are pushing for after you have garnered a lot of suspicion. EM is considered an easy push for scum.

Let me put it this way guys it just took me an hour to log into my new college email to fill out some forum for student health something something boring, because not only did the link not work in the official email they sent me, but I had to guess for a solid 20 friggin minutes as to WHAT the email address they gave me could possibly be.

Let me put it this way guys it just took me an hour to log into my new college email to fill out some forum for student health something something boring, because not only did the link not work in the official email they sent me, but I had to guess for a solid 20 friggin minutes as to WHAT the email address they gave me could possibly be.
What does this have to do with the game?

We don't need your excuses. You signed up to play the game, so play it.

You've spent more time on this game day telling us why you can't participate in the game than you've actually participated in the discussion.

And it has to stop.

It wasn't so time consuming that you couldn't view the thread while doing so though? Because like, I saw you viewing the thread.

Another fluff post. Content. Post it. Go.

I'm not sure if Jabber realized that RVS was, well, RVS.
Echo.

And for as much as I hate that it always seems to land on me (Every. FREAKING. GAME.)
Complaining.

it is important to guage reactions.
Echo. I know that myself and Celever have either mentioned this during this game or at least are walking along this line.

In this case, we got a reaction from Jabber reacting to EM either RVSing or Bandwagoning (Not sure which one to call it since there was multiple votes on me)
Echo. This has been said multiple times. (you also are misusing terms; i.e. bandwagoning; again.)

as well as Cypher RVSing me during the end of the "tech Jesi how to play WW" phase.
Hooray, the first non-echo. So, uh, how is this scummy/relevant? RVSing isn't scummy.

Exhibit A: Jabber's been in a few games to notice this (or he could read back; I'm in the process of reading through Revelation again) but even if there's a "decent" lead (No D1 leads are exceptional except the game where Drohn claimed indie D1 by accident) RVS usually continues for a while as people catch up with the thread or don't like the current leads.
Yay, another non-echo. It's not a bad point, actually, and is just something else to add to my "scummy Jabber points" list. [Future reference.]

Exhibit B: Here, Jabber gallantly comes to my aid! \o/

Here, Jabber tries to stop RVS. While RVS is annoying at times, you can't stop it because it allows people to guage reactions.
Echo of Camo here. You are hanging by Camo's logic not your own.

You also can't really have a case at this early stage in the game (outside of the obnixous vote wall),
Non-echo but not really relevant to me.

and trying to stop RVS, which can lead to cases due to reaction, is a step towards stopping discussion, something that the scum want.
Echo.

Echo being these are literally three of four of the thread's scumreads excluding you.

So, as you can see, you're mostly echoing. Of course, when you don't answer a question ASAP then discussion around that will evolve meaning your points may have already been mentioned... but ignoring questions is your fault.

Ya darn ninja Palutena >:[
'bout darn time! You've ninja'd me 4 times today.

Anyways, to avoid this being stupid fluff, I feel too good about the TGK case that I'm going to abandon the Jabber wagon.

##UNOBJECTION!: Jabberwock
##PROSECUTE: TheGrovyleKid

I still want Jabber to explain his logic about the lack of logic in this game and I'll be keeping him on my scum radar until he does.

This kinda sounds like something I would say, but the main thing here is that it conveys the same message as something worded more simple than this, like "I was at school." I think this is honestly pretty fine.
know [Jesi] in real life. I was the one to convince her to sign up, if I recall correctly.

Been trying to figure out if Jesi just did some major buddying there. While people tend to want to defend players they know in real life because they, well, know them properly; it still does not rule out the potential buddying going on here. Scumbuddy or mason buddy (if TGK is not lying) is likely.

EM, a tip. There's quite a few other players who aren't contributing much right now. The thing you're doing wrong right now isn't being inactive/not helping. It's the fact that you're logging on, but only posting excuses for why you're not saying something more relevant. If you want people to stop being annoyed at the way you're acting, you don't need to be as active as, say, Celever or bbninjas. Just get on when you have the time to contribute and make some posts that are helpful. Sure, activity is nice, but I shouldn't really be complaining, as I'm usually only semi-active at best.

Also because it's day 1 my only guess is bbninjas because of what celever said, but I don't want to just go off of one of the first main PokéBeach WW players' posts before I vote.

Please explain the case on bbninjas as you understand it.

As for how I interpreted celever's post it was that bbnijas lied about a read, and is ow backpedaling on it.

EM's only guess about who to lynch is bbninjas. A case that he didn't even read. It feels like he was just trying to appear as he is contributing, which is something I don't remember him doing.

##UNVOTE

##VOTE: thegrovylekid

I'm not about to pretend anyone else is getting lynched today so might as well park my vote. We'll see what happens when he is lynched.

Thoughts on others:

bbninjas is going through a lot of trouble to paint tgk as scum. He [tgk] is likely town. If you thought about it, you'd understand why. My opinion will change depending on what the hosts say.

Though, in fairness, tgk is acting a lot like he did last game. Doesn't mean he's scum, right Celever? ;)

re the [future reference] thing, it's a null read. Stop looking into it. If he wants to broadcast his notes to the town then let him.

I agree with Camo that Celever is doing his damndest to lead, or at least look like he's contributing.

*like*

Seriously, it's not an issue if unless people spam the thread, and if they're going around *like*ing and not posting any other content, it's a scumtell. This rule is unnecessary and takes away a method of basing reads on, so please remove the rule. (It's not the hosts job to control the amount of "fluff" being posted...)

@bbninjas You're missing the point. Liking posts is the kind of thing that will needlessly get people lynched. It becomes a game of finding likes instead of looking for connections between players and reading. While you can't control meta reads, you can limit other hokey ways of lynching someone, like stringing someone up just because they publicly liked a post.

If he's deathproof, he's cleared and he can tell us who his mason buddies are who will also be cleared.

[future reference] lol

Robin is still looking good for a possible d2 lynch.

@quakingpunch73 Vote count please? I want to check a few things
Quaking's not online right now. I am though!
Normally we wouldn't give a vote count after only 23 hours but that one had a lot of mistakes so...

Day 1 vote count #2

Votes are listed in chronological order.
Names are listed in alphabetical order.
The majority for a lynch is 11.
The player with the most votes is tagged.
This vote count does not include tgk’s heap of votes. Particularly these ones:
##VOTE: Celever
##UNVOTE: Celever
##VOTE: simsands
##UNVOTE: simsands
##VOTE: Empoleon_Master
##UNVOTE: Empoleon_Master
##VOTE: Scattered Mind
##UNVOTE: Scattered Mind
##VOTE: Robin Asiaga
##UNVOTE: Robin Asiaga
##VOTE: mordacazir
##UNVOTE: mordacazir
##VOTE: Reinforce
##UNVOTE: Reinforce
##VOTE: bbninjas
##UNVOTE: bbninjas
##VOTE: PMJ
##UNVOTE: PMJ
##VOTE: GM DracLord
##UNVOTE: GM DracLord
##VOTE: Camoclone
##UNVOTE: Camoclone
##VOTE: Luispipe8
##UNVOTE: Luispipe8
##VOTE: Professor Palutena
##UNVOTE: Professor Palutena
##VOTE: Skyleaf2000
##UNVOTE: Skyleaf2000
##VOTE: PikaMasterJesi
##UNVOTE: PikaMasterJesi
##VOTE: Jabberwock
##UNVOTE: Jabberwock
##VOTE: xDoggerx
##UNVOTE: xDoggerx
##VOTE: Cypher333
##UNVOTE: Cypher333
##VOTE: Squirtle Squad

Sorry. Just thought I'd try being Camo for a post.
##UNVOTE: Squirtle Squad

bbninjas 0 : Skyleaf2000 (vote) l Celever (vote)
Camoclone 2 : simsands (vote) l thegrovylekid (vote) l PikaMasterJesi (vote) l
Celever 2 : Camoclone (vote) l GM Draclord (vote) l xDoggerx (vote) l Camoclone (vote)
Empoleon_master 2 : Camoclone (vote) l thegrovylekid (vote)
King Xerneas 0 : thegrovylekid (vote)
Jabberwock 0 : Professor Palutena (vote) l bbninjas (vote)
Luispipe8 1 : xDoggerx (vote)
PikaMasterJesi 0 : Camoclone (vote) l Jabberwock (vote) l thegrovylekid (vote)
PMJ 0 : thegrovylekid (vote) l Professor Palutena (vote) l Luispipe8 (vote) l GM Draclord (vote) l xDoggerx (vote)
Professor Palutena 0 : Camoclone (vote) l
Robin Aisaga 0 : PMJ (vote) l xDoggerx (vote) l thegrovylekid (vote) l Camoclone (vote) l thegrovylekid (vote) l thegrovylekid (vote)
scattered mind 0 : bbninjas (vote) l
simsands 0 : Camoclone (vote) l
Squirtle Squad 0 : simsands (vote) l Camoclone (vote) l PikaMasterJesi (vote) l
@thegrovylekid 6 : Camoclone (vote) l Celever (vote) l Camoclone (vote) l Empoleon_master (vote) l bbninjas (vote) l Celever (vote) l Robin Aisaga (vote) l bbninjas (vote) l Celever (vote) l thegrovylekid (vote) l Professor Palutena (vote) l PMJ (vote)
xDoggerx : Luispipe8 (vote)

Not Voting: Jabberwock l King Xerneas | Luispipe8 l Mordacazir l PikaMasterJesi l reinforce l scattered mind l Skyleaf2000 l Squirtle Squad

Day 1 ends in 81 hours

Last edited:
@bbninjas You're missing the point. Liking posts is the kind of thing that will needlessly get people lynched. It becomes a game of finding likes instead of looking for connections between players and reading. While you can't control meta reads, you can limit other hokey ways of lynching someone, like stringing someone up just because they publicly liked a post.

From the games I've played in where liking has been allowed, I can't remember seeing anyone using likes as an argument to lynch someone. And really, what makes likes that much different from any other kind of reaction a player can demonstrate?

Btw, I will support the TGK lynch, but I'm not placing my vote yet. There's no point in ending the day early for this lynch, and we need all the extra info we can get, as if TGK isn't lying, we'll have him cleared/semi-cleared and hardly any more information.

Based on previous game logic (Harrry Potter) kills the Mason on Day 1 right?

Just like simsands said. no use putting a vote just yet.. We don't want an early day end

'bout darn time! You've ninja'd me 4 times today.

Anyways, to avoid this being stupid fluff, I feel too good about the TGK case that I'm going to abandon the Jabber wagon.

##UNOBJECTION!: Jabberwock
##PROSECUTE: TheGrovyleKid

I still want Jabber to explain his logic about the lack of logic in this game and I'll be keeping him on my scum radar until he does.
My name doesn't"t have caps in it.
You actually are just bringing up figures (in this case, links and data) that mean nothing. Just because you had a habit of nearly being lynched Day 1/2 is not directly proportional with your scum meta/how you play.

It actually is when you realize that I nearly get lynched for the same reasons each time.

WOAHWOAHWOAH

Is TGK seriously pulling up EM again? Far out. I am sooooo happy with this TGK lynch.

(And if you don't understand why this is a BIG tell: It is classic TGK trying to get attention off him by a) focusing solely on someone else and b) focusing on the easiest player to get lynched. It's effectively his default "whelp, I'm getting lynched" action.)

Yeah, I'm not going to roll over and die that easily.

You actually don't get it. Your cases are very scummy. Lemme explain:

There is two things here. Firstly, you are throwing around terms that you don't actually know how they relate to someone being scum. Someone can easily say someone is being AtE and OMGUSy, but do you know how that is a scumtell? In what situations are these things are scumtell? In particular, I think AtE is an overused term that lacks scumtell value in most situations. Town uses AtE all the time. I've seen soooo many town use it. I used it. PP has used it. I think Keeper uses it. This is especially the case when people are just tunneling and your logical reasoning appears to be completely ignored... because, well, what else is there for you to do??

AtE and OMGUS are treated as scumtells by you guys, so what stops me from using them?

The second thing is that you're being very hypocritical. You made an extremely early claim too, y'know...

The difference is Robin claimed in his first post. I at least had a wagon.

Hmmm, how many other players fall into the same boat? Let me tell you - a lot. This is also EM you are pushing for after you have garnered a lot of suspicion. EM is considered an easy push for scum
So yip out want the player who's done literally nothing but bandwagon me?.

Responses in bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back