Finished Werewolf XXXII: Dimensional Shift - The Second Postgame is Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m also unsure why PMJ never got scum points for the tunnel on him,

It was day one, and that's how I act as town.

She probably would’ve escaped the kill if she wasn’t always the nightkiller.

This was an unfortunate coincidence. To be honest I probably would have pushed that lynch as well.

I do find it interesting that the scum team used Magnet Pull very little, as it had the potential to find or nullify power roles.

I didn't like using it because it was clear that Mia was forcing players to act on them and not by some random effect. There weren't very many players to redirect anyway. Bippa was the only one and I wasn't sure what the drinks did so I wasn't too keen on having her get them. It also would have looked very suspicious to have him redirected to the same person over and over again.

The biggest issue is that you caused the other dimension to end immediately, so if the other dimension was in the middle of discussion or had role results to reveal, they would be completely unable to. This put simsands into lynch oppose to someone like Miyami, who could have easily been lynched if you had waited. Secondly, you hammered early both times, which prevented proper discussion and consideration of other lynch options in your own dimension, which led to the town lynching whoever the scum put votes on first.
How was he to know the status of the lynch on H'trae when he was on earth?

Him lynching early was due in part to me telling him to stop stalling.

I didn't like using it because it was clear that Mia was forcing players to act on them and not by some random effect. There weren't very many players to redirect anyway. Bippa was the only one and I wasn't sure what the drinks did so I wasn't too keen on having her get them. It also would have looked very suspicious to have him redirected to the same person over and over again.
That's fair enough. I can see how it'd be perceived as a scummier role over the course of the game, though I've seen town-aligned lightning rods a lot.

How was he to know the status of the lynch on H'trae when he was on earth?
It's more by logical assumption that the other dimension should have as much time as possible to sort out their lynch suspect/s, which is more the point.

Him lynching early was due in part to me telling him to stop stalling.
Haha, I'll definitely give you that. :p

Well, Vom and Keeper still haven't done theirs, ya know. :U

(Yeah, it's coming soon. No idea how bb can write them so quickly.)

Because you never would've got majority lynched without it in either of those two days.

It's finally here! Or, well, most of it. :/

This was a difficult decision for me to make, but I decided to go with my instinct and just post my version of the postgame––or, rather, the first part. I wrote the game analysis the first day or two after the game finished, so I'm sorry it took me so long to post it. I also finished about half of the player analyses, but by the time I was able to get back to them after a week-long hiatus, I couldn't analyze the players' playing as accurately as I could have in the first few days following the game. Most of my efforts culminated in more or less a repetition of what bb already said in his analysis––something I tried to avoid in the first half I did finish.

I deliberated for a while between posting the first half of the player analyses and posting only the game analysis, but I decided to go with the latter. I didn't want to post only half of the full player analyses and not be able to analyze the rest of the players. I'm really sorry that I had to make this decision, but I think it's for the best. If you would like to see your own player analysis, PM me! If I have yours written up, I'll gladly send it to you.

Now––here's the game analysis, without further ado. Enjoy. :)

Game Analysis

First things first. This is bb’s game. The whole dimension ProBoard thing was entirely his stroke of genius. I pestered him a bit after apps went open to find out if he was open to co-hosting. He told me he had two ideas. One of them was a brilliant plan for a game taking place in two separate worlds, with players moving between them. The other … well, that might come up again in the future, so ICNCND. :x

But yeah, we went with the dimension idea, working to flesh it out and develop a story with the Dimension Spirits and the Alliance. We randomly generated several names, choosing those we liked, and a plotline came of it. And I have to say, it was an excellent introduction for me into the art of hosting. I regret that I wasn’t able to do much to help out in the way of updates, but as it turned out, there didn’t end up being that many updates. Sorry anyway, bb. :U

I imagine there were many who were skeptical of the game when they read the OP. That wasn’t without reason. While the game progressed adequately, I’m not sure it was quite as well as we had hoped. There were several factors in this, the main ones being balancing and inactivity, I think.

The balancing could have been better. The scum team was almost absurdly powerful, I thought going into Day 3. Getting PMJ into the Crisis Committee was definitely game-changing, allowing scum to exert an unusual amount of control over the lynch. That along with the multitude of external methods of killing in the game lowered it to MYLO long before bb and I thought it would.

As bb mentioned, the lack of scumhunting didn’t particularly do anything to help that. Speaking of which –– inactivity. I figure it’s an inherent part of any game that takes place off of where it began, so it’s certainly at least partly our fault for poor planning. At one point, I was of the opinion that if we as hosts were able to check on the ProBoards every few hours or so to check on the situation, there was no reason you shouldn’t have been able to check on it once a day, or even once a Day Phase to post your thoughts.

However, I’ve come to the conclusion that the more activity is required, the less people are active. (Stunning conclusion, I know.) Not even a lot of activity, either. Some Spacetime Warps were a simple single-use upon death, others required no more activity than if you had never been killed. The Boards were just a simple bookmark and click to reach them every day. But if you’re dead, you’re dead. I understand most people don’t want to have to worry about a game after they’re out of it. And they came to PokéBeach to play Werewolf, they don’t want to have to deal with an intermediary.

So I’m also skeptical of this game. I’d caution anyone else from trying it in the future. It was nice as a one-time thing, a novelty in the otherwise rather uniform lineup of PB WW games. But too much of a good thing and it loses its charm.

How might I have balanced the game? I agree with bb that the Committee was too easily taken over. I might’ve added fourth and fifth members from Earth and H’trae, respectively. It might have been good to rotate the Committee members through all the players, one Night each. It was nice that scum weren’t able to totally take out Celever, but that was about all the balancing it had going for it.

I also think it would have been ideal to have a four-scum team. The 15:5 town to scum ratio was just a little too good for scum, coupled with the advantage scum had in their knowledge of both dimensions at once. We did originally have twenty-five roles, but since neither of us can apparently count, we opened signups for twenty. We had to eliminate five roles, bringing down the ratio from 4:1 to 3:1. That’s pretty significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back