Finished Werewolf XXXII: Dimensional Shift - The Second Postgame is Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
K4GCVv7.png

Welcome all to Werewolf XXXII Dimensional Shift (aka Mafia) hosted from in between dimensions by @bbninjas and @Jabberwock! Please make sure you read all the highly important rules and details carefully, as WW XXXII features alterations to various traditional Werewolf mechanics.

If you’re not too sure what Werewolf is, check out this post. If you’re still confused, don’t hesitate to ask one of the hosts!

Flavour

BREAKING NEWS - EXPEDITION LAUNCHED ON EVIDENCE OF PARALLEL EARTH
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is the United States’ leading air and space corporation. They have recently discovered the existence of a dimension that parallels Earth. This discovery, according to a NASA worker who wishes to remain anonymous, was pure happenstance, proven inadvertently through work on another, unknown experiment.

NASA will be launching an expedition to explore and map this parallel dimension, which they have named “H’trae”. People have been selected from the public for their exemplary skills in various fields that NASA deems necessary for the mission.

The selected few have been hereby forewarned from experts: Noone is quite sure what to expect in a parallel dimension. There could be monsters - or worse - in the rifts between spacetime.

Be steadfast, heroes of the dimensions. The fate of our planet rests in your hands.

Charles Frank Bolden, Jr. sighed, folding the newspaper and letting it fall to the desk before him. How that reporter had managed to piece together one of NASA’s most closely guarded secrets, he’d never know, and the melodrama wasn’t helpful either, but there was no time to worry about that now. The Interdimensional Alliance, as he had already begun to call the future dimension-travellers, would be arriving at NASA’s labs within the hour, and, as the head of the administration, he would have to greet and brief them personally.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

In the briefing room, Bolden stood, hands clasped behind his back, while the Alliance sat in chairs around a small circular table. Bolden took a deep breath before addressing them.

“I’m sure you’ve all heard the rumours… read the articles…”

A general noise of agreement rippled through the group.

Bolden continued. “We––that is to say, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration––have recently stumbled upon an important discovery, one that revolutionises the field of science as we know it. To put it bluntly, parallel dimensions are real.”

Inwardly, he grimaced. He was getting as melodramatic as that blasted reporter. He noted, however, that none of them appeared surprised. The reporter’s article must have gotten more publicity than he had thought.

“We have selected you from the masses to lead an expedition, if you will, to chart this parallel dimension. You have been chosen because each of you possess a unique talent––one that this expedition would surely fail without.”

Several of them looked puzzled at this. Well, his employees hadn’t been wrong; he knew that they were too meticulous for errors.

“But … we must warn you. This dimension could be plagued by any number of terrors. We have already uncovered the existence of shapeshifting creatures––Dimension Spirits, we call them. We don’t know if they pose any imminent danger, but we don’t care to find out...”

Factions
In this game, there are two factions. The Interdimensional Alliance (the “town”) and the Dimension Spirits (the “werewolves”). There may or may not be independents.

The aim of the Interdimensional Alliance is to eradicate all of the Dimension Spirits, who are terrorising the dimensions. At their adversarial, the Alliance has the ability to lynch.

The aim of the Dimension Spirits is to outnumber the Interdimensional Alliance. They have the ability to perform a form of kill. They will also have access to a QuickTopic that they can utilise throughout the game.

New Mechanic Stuff
This game features a base mechanic that flips a traditional game of Werewolf on its head. Instead of discussion taking part in this thread, discussion will take part in a forum on ProBoards created specifically for this game. Furthermore, there are two main discussion threads - Dimension Earth and Dimension H’trae. Players will only be able to view and post in the discussion thread of the dimension that they are presently in. Players can also swap between these two dimensions through a variety of powers. Aside from phases coinciding at the same real time, each discussion thread will function virtually separately to each other. Each thread will feature its own lynch each Day Phase, while during both Phases, players with usable actions can only target other players who are in the same dimension as they are.

As each Dimension has their own lynch, the lynches have been adapted for this game. On being lynched, the lynchees will be transported to a third dimension between Dimension Earth and Dimension H’trae known as Dimension Limbo for the night. During the Night Phase, a specially appointed committee, after hearing an appeal from each lynchee, will decide which of the two lynchees will be killed and who will survive, by their majority vote. The player chosen to be lynched is lynched, and the player who survives is transported to the opposite dimension. Nightkills function as normal.

Other Mechanic Stuff
The game with start on Day 1.

Night and Day Phase lengths will fluctuate throughout the game as need be, although Days will begin at 120 hours and Nights as 48 hours. Deadline times will be converted to PDT (-8), GMT (0) and AEST (+10) for convenience .

Players are lynched through the process of voting. To vote, players should use ##VERB: <playername> and unvote using ##UNVERB: <playername>. Please remember to bold votes, as we may miss them unbolded. You must always unvote before you make a new vote. You may not vote for a player that is not in the same dimension as you.

Roles
You’re Charles Frank Bolden, Jr., and you’re aligned with bbninjas and Jabberwock. You’re the head of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and the organiser of the expedition into the parallel dimensions. You’re an ex-general of the US Marine Corps, and you’ve had a military career for fourteen years, but you’re secretly afraid of kittens.

Passive Ability: Head of the Administration
As the head of the administration, you’re directly affiliated with the hosts. As such, during the Night Phase, you will learn all actions used by all players in the game. You also know the alignment of each player, and you can’t be fooled by safeclaims.

Spacetime Warp: Termination
[LOCKED]

Win Condition: The game ends successfully and is enjoyable for all players.
A role typically has two main parts:

Firstly, the Passive Ability or Active Ability. Each role will have at least either one of these. A Passive Ability is always active, and you cannot deactivate it yourself. An Active Ability requires you to PM the hosts (on PB) to activate it as according to the ability details. Passive and Active Ability activate or are activatable for as long as you are alive.

Secondly, each role will have a Spacetime Warp. This is a mechanic specific to this game. Details of your Spacetime Warp is hidden as long as you are alive, but will only activate or be activatable after your death. This means that even after your death, you will be a major contributor to the game! Note that the sample role’s Spacetime Warp has been hidden just like in a role PM, however on the role’s death, the role will flip with the Spacetime Warp unlocked. A Spacetime Warp can have either a passive or an active effect.

Also, be wary of basing reads around role flavour, as all scum have gamemod-written safeclaims. Furthermore, keep in mind that both Jabberwock and bbninjas have participated in writing roles, meaning styles may be slightly inconsistent.

Addressing Inactivity
Despite the game discussion taking part on another forum, there is no excuse for inactivity. Nobody enjoys playing an inactive game, so if you’re not active enough (as defined as we see fit), we will modkill or replace you. We’ll make sure to notify you if you’re on the verge of modkill, but hopefully there will be no need. If you plan on being inactive, don’t join.

Other Rules
1) You may not edit your posts.
2) You may directly quote anything a gamemod sends you, but you MAY NOT screenshot anything. You may quote posts from players not in the same dimension as you, if you wish.
3) You may not “like” posts.
4) Do not talk about the game outside of the game thread unless your ability allows you to. This includes this thread, the ProBoard threads and Skype. You may not talk to other dead players about the game even after you are dead.
5) No player may post in thread during the Night Phase.
6) Don’t insult a player. They don’t like it, we don’t like it, and it’s not cool.
7) You must always abide by your abilities. Failure to do so will lead to warnings or being modkilled.
8) Whatever either gamemod - Jabberwock or bbninjas - says is law. Don’t disobey it, or you will be penalised, or even modkilled.
9) Read everything. Really, do.
10) All rules that apply on PB applies on the created discussion forum on ProBoards. The forum will also be moderated by appropriate PB staff.
11) The gamemods may update these rules if need be.

Updates

Congratulations, young expeditioner who managed to read through this bulk of a text (if you didn't, you should go back and read everything)! To sign up, post “in” in-thread. You will then need to sign up to the ProBroads forum, which you can find here (please use the same display name as your PB username). We will then accept your sign-up and, once the game begins, assign you to your beginning dimension and your role. The game will begin once there are 20 signups, however this ideal participant number can be altered if need be.

But what if you’d just like to spectate, with the discussion thread hidden from outsiders? Well, behold! There is also a spectator option. You will need to notify us in this thread that you would like to spectate, and then sign-up to the ProBoards forum, much like an actual player. We will then give you spectator access to both dimension discussion threads. However, keep in mind that a spectator CANNOT sub into the game at any point and obviously may not communicate with the players, dead or alive.

Players
  1. Celever - Town, Died Night 3
  2. scattered mind
  3. mordacazir - Scum, Lynched Day 3
  4. Keeper of Night - Town, Lynched Day 1
  5. simsands
  6. Camoclone - Town, Died Night 4
  7. quakingpunch73
  8. PMJ
  9. Squirtle Squad - Town, Died Night 1
  10. Empoleon_master - Town, Lynched Day 4
  11. Vom
  12. Reinforce - Town, Died Night 1
  13. Professor Palutena - Town, Died Night 5
  14. thegrovylekid
  15. Miyami~~ Scum, Died Night 5
  16. Luispipe8 - Town, Lynched Day 2
  17. SilverSilent
  18. double o squirtle - Town, Died Night 2
  19. Skyleaf2000 - Town, Lynched Day 5
  20. GM Draclord - Town, Died Night 4

Last edited:
Sign me up /in as a player and yes this time I know not to be an idiot. ProBoards name is "EmpoleonMaster" Because somehow, "Empoleon_master" was taken. o_O

New challenging question for any players here, that makes the game a bit more interesting. If I act like I know what I'm doing, am I scum and am asking in the QT if I should post something before I do, or have I learned how to play WW? Let the "He knows that I know the he knows that I know he knows." games begin as of that question. *cackles*

Lastly BB ninjas great job on making this interesting, the two boards will add extra popcorn to this. Speaking of which, if I have any funny commentary I will now just have a google doc I will be crap posting my thoughts in, to let people read after the game is over for laughs, instead of clogging up the thread with EMPosts.

On its face, this sounds really, really tedious and annoying, but I'm willing to withhold judgment until the game is over. I honestly hope that your idea for keeping dead players around works, because it never has for me.

in

Also, be wary of basing reads around role flavour, as all scum have gamemod-written safeclaims. Furthermore, keep in mind that both Jabberwock and bbninjas have participated in writing roles, meaning styles may be slightly inconsistent.

This should be something to keep in mind, imo. The Spacetime-Warp and the two separate dimensions seem like 2 enjoyable, interesting new mechanics, especially the former.

In! I should also be registered on the thingy by now. ^.^

I signed up for the alt forums and am awaiting staff approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back