Finished Werewolf XXV: Party in Kanto! - Game Over! Town Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...note to self: don't be inactive.
I would've wanted to post more though; a lesson for next time I suppose.

Thanks for all of the great feedback, guys. It's good to know that in general you enjoyed my game and would be happy to accept me as a host again.

As far as inactivity goes, I do fully accept some portion of the blame in this for not warning/modkilling sooner. To be honest, it blindsided me. In my experiences elsewhere and in the games I've played here previously, I had not seen this level of inactivity, so I wasn't really keeping track of who was posting at first because the game seemed likely enough. By the time I noticed the issue, it had become terrible and all I could do were emergency measures.

While it is a lesson I will take to heart in the future, and I will keep track of participation as well as rule-reading in any and all future games I run, I really think it's sad that inactivity is so rampant to the point where it's common for game hosts to have to do this kind of thing. Statements like CJ's "Inactivity is common in WW games here though" and Luis and TT talking about how they had to modkill a large amount of players in their games for inactivity make be believe this is a larger problem in the community as a whole that should be addressed with measures that prevent rather than treat symptoms. But I honestly wouldn't know where to start aside from making games smaller so hosts don't have to accept every single player they can get, or shaming/blacklisting the people that repeatedly don't participate, and neither option is really optimal, nor do they get to the heart of the problem. I'm just not sure what that heart actually is.

As far as killing roles go, there weren't really all that many of them, though I think it was mostly noticeable in this game because the protective roles all got killed early (KoN, SS) or didn't act (Wailord_2/MLK), and the people who did decide to shoot did so poorly. Mr.Muffin openly admitted that he was only skimming the game and still decided to kill people. There was some bad luck in there as well with Luis's metronome duping the vig, and SF getting multiple vig items and using them constantly as well. But regardless, any further games I run will have completely different setups anyway, and this one was purposefully built to be more on the chaotic side. :U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back