There are 30 people playing.
Celever said:
I don't see where he mentioned that..?
TheGuy said:
There are 27 Eligible Votes, meaning that 14 are required to Lynch

RE: Werewolf XXII: The Reign of Terror - Day 1 Ends August 2nd

Makes sense, I suppose.

Blaaaaaah Day 1. Zzz... Wake me up when something exciting happens. Like a seer claiming day 1 or something.

Celever said:
What IS obvious is that the announcer will operate through that newspaper and that the werewolves are a bunch of rich tyrants. I don't really see room for a wolf here, but I also haven't done the French Revolution at school yet. I don't even know if I will! :p Basically I know nothing about the war itself so all assumptions on roles etc. wil be derived from the flavour.

Based on the flavor, it's much safer to say that the scum are either the nobility or Marat, Robespierre and their revolution gang (funny, considering Marat wanted to kill Robespierre and vice-versa, but still). The Reign of Terror in the French Revolution is the bad ending of a great revolution, where a France fighting wars inside and outside borders began a relentless assault on pretty much everyone that was of noble ancestry (with a few exceptions, like the great Talleyrand). It's hard to assume who the scum team is, though, due to a contradiction. The ones with the power to kill were the revolutionary government. The ones wanted dead were the nobles. Usually, in a WW game, those with the power to kill are the scum who are wanted dead.
A possible setting could be that the revolutionaries (Marat, Robespierre) and the citizens (merchants, journalists, beggars etc.) are the townspeople, who vote/decide on who the nobles, aka the scum, are. The scum are the former French nobility, or people working for them in order to take out the revolutionaries and avoid death themselves. Finally, the indies could be people from other countries trapped in France and wishing to escape (survivor indies) or those French who considered the Reign of Terror extremism and wanted the leaders of the Revolution taken out (like the great Charlotte Corday, who murdered Marat) and their wincons involve killing/outliving certain players. Perhaps TheGuy can enlighten us more as to his setting, unless of course he wishes to hide it by troubling us over which roles are scummy and which aren't.

##Vote: Reinforce

Just what are you trying to reinforce, anyway? Monarchy? Guillotine him!

And by the way Chaos Jackal, all that theorizing over the setup of the game was a bit frivolous - it's explained in the OP that the revolutionaries are the town and the royals are the scum.

##UNVERB: Reinforce
##VERB: Twisted Turtwig
All he has done this game is bandwagon.

Cinesra said:
TheGuy said:
Celever said:
I don't see where he mentioned that..?
TheGuy said:
Oh right. Thanks for pointing it out to me, I didn't think to check the number of players. Although WanderingWolf might not be playing even now, so that would only be 2 people unable to vote. IDRK the situation on James,
Chaos Jackal said:
Celever said:
What IS obvious is that the announcer will operate through that newspaper and that the werewolves are a bunch of rich tyrants. I don't really see room for a wolf here, but I also haven't done the French Revolution at school yet. I don't even know if I will! :p Basically I know nothing about the war itself so all assumptions on roles etc. wil be derived from the flavour.

Based on the flavor, it's much safer to say that the scum are either the nobility or Marat, Robespierre and their revolution gang (funny, considering Marat wanted to kill Robespierre and vice-versa, but still). The Reign of Terror in the French Revolution is the bad ending of a great revolution, where a France fighting wars inside and outside borders began a relentless assault on pretty much everyone that was of noble ancestry (with a few exceptions, like the great Talleyrand). It's hard to assume who the scum team is, though, due to a contradiction. The ones with the power to kill were the revolutionary government. The ones wanted dead were the nobles. Usually, in a WW game, those with the power to kill are the scum who are wanted dead.
A possible setting could be that the revolutionaries (Marat, Robespierre) and the citizens (merchants, journalists, beggars etc.) are the townspeople, who vote/decide on who the nobles, aka the scum, are. The scum are the former French nobility, or people working for them in order to take out the revolutionaries and avoid death themselves. Finally, the indies could be people from other countries trapped in France and wishing to escape (survivor indies) or those French who considered the Reign of Terror extremism and wanted the leaders of the Revolution taken out (like the great Charlotte Corday, who murdered Marat) and their wincons involve killing/outliving certain players. Perhaps TheGuy can enlighten us more as to his setting, unless of course he wishes to hide it by troubling us over which roles are scummy and which aren't.

Oh right, thanks for clearing that up, too! It certainly makes sense.

So, day 1... RVS... This is pretty boring, don't you think?

hey no likes, right?
I would wagon but I'm going to end up unvoting anyway because there's no reason to lynch anyone.

##burn: Celever

The Fire Kingdom has taken over Werewolf too. Celever won't be safe anywhere.

That's what you get for viewing the thread right now while I am too. You left me no choice.

We can like in this game :v
There are no leads, so I guess we just sit around :T

##unburn: Celever
##like: Scorched Feathers

Everyone like SF. y/y

Drohn said:
##burn: Celever

The Fire Kingdom has taken over Werewolf too. Celever won't be safe anywhere.

That's what you get for viewing the thread right now while I am too. You left me no choice.

Oh thanks for reminding me. I will probably be "viewing" this thread a lot because I don't close tabs on my iPad. I almost always turn safari off (as in delete processes to it completely and utterly) but should I forget it'll show me as viewing this place.

Scorched Feathers said:
We can like in this game :v
There are no leads, so I guess we just sit around :T

My bad! yeah I just remembered :p

Drohn said:
##unburn: Celever

Everyone like SF. y/y
##unburn: Twisted Turtwig

y

##greet: Camoclone

What a shady guy. Do votes have to bolded?

Celever said:
##TheGuy, what happened with WanderingWolf? Was his role just cut from the game?

He has until the end of Day One or he will be replaced.

##UNVERB: Camoclone
##BAKA: Drohn
:c
Everything was peaceful until the Fire Nation attacked.

Baka is not a verb so your vote doesn't count. Muwhahha.

Since you guys seem eager to just verb, I think I can have some fun too

##suspecttest: Drohn

Imao, your presence is unhealthy for the metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back