Finished Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
2j1645j.jpg

super badass title banner and section banners made by [member]Spammy[/member]
everyone get some art by this guy, his stuff is legit

Welcome, one and all, to the sleepy town of Canton Falls. It's the kind of town where everyone knows everyone else, and secrets are hard to come by.

Tourism in Canton Falls is really non-existent, and that's in no small part due to the rumors that the town is comprised solely of werewolves that feast upon human flesh. This, of course, is completely untrue. There was that one incident about a hundred years ago, but the papers claimed it was a hoax. Still, the damage was done - people made sure to steer clear of Canton Falls.

Enter Thomas Martin, a reporter from far away looking for a big scoop. Having heard about the legend behind this town, he has traveled to Canton Falls in the hopes of putting the rumors to rest once and for all.

He will soon find, however, that some legends are best left alone.

Welcome to another exciting episode of Werewolf!​

The important stuff--stuff you need to keep in mind because I'm changing the rules--is in green. Hopefully everything's a bit more streamlined so even the newest of new players can understand the game.

Kacb3.png

What is Werewolf?
Werewolf (more commonly known as Mafia, the game it is based on) is a game that features two main factions: the werewolves and townspeople. The idea is that there is a town of people and some werewolves have hidden amongst them. During the day, they appear as normal people - it is at night that they take the form of the beast and slay the townspeople.

How do you play?
Werewolf is played in two shifts: Day (168 hours) and Night (72 hours).

Day
During the Day, everyone talks amongst themselves and uses the powers of deduction to determine who they think the wolves are. Votes are cast for the suspected player, and once a simple majority has been reached (if there are 18 players in the game, 10 votes are needed), that player is lynched. His or her role is revealed, and the game goes into Night.

If the deadline is reached and a simple majority has not been reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be lynched instead. In the event of a tie, there will be no lynch.

How to Vote

At any time during the day phase, you may vote for a person to be lynched. To cast a vote, type the following:

Vote: {player}

It must be bold and red, or I will not accept it.

example:

Vote: PMJ

Here's an easy copy-and-paste version:

Code:
[color=red][b]Vote: {player}[/b][/color]

If you change your mind later, you may vote for someone else, but you must unvote the player you voted for before you may vote for anyone else. To unvote, type the following:

Unvote: {player}

It must be bold and blue, or I will not accept it.

After that, you may vote as normal.

example:

Unvote: PMJ
Vote: Water Pokemon Master

Here's the unvote copy and paste:

Code:
[color=blue][b]Unvote: {player}[/b][/color]
[color=red][b]Vote: {player}[/b][/color]

Re-voting immediately is not required, but you must still follow proper voting format at all times.

Night
During the Night, no one is allowed to post in the game thread. This is the time when the wolves congregate and decide on someone to kill. Once decided, the wolf leader sends me the decision, and that person is killed (removed from the game). Many players also have abilities that can be used only at night, and all of those are sent to me as well. Once 72 hours pass (or all night abilities have been sent), the previous Night's actions are explained, and the game returns to Day.

The cycle repeats until one faction wins.

iSiDN.png

How do you win?
It depends on your team. Each character in Werewolf XIV has one of three different alignments:

The Town
The town (a person who is aligned with the town is also called a townie) represents the uninformed majority whose goal is to eliminate all threats to the town. (In Werewolf XIV, if your role PM says "Alignment: Town," you are aligned with the town.) The town's main weapon is the lynch. Sometimes there are townies with the ability to kill during Night.

Town Win Condition: At least one town-aligned player is alive when all threats to the town have been eliminated

The Werewolves
The werewolves represent the informed minority. Each of them knows the identities of the other wolves and can use that knowledge to influence voting. Their goal is to match or exceed the number of townies. This way, they will control the lynch vote and trivialize the rest of the game. (In Werewolf XIV, if your role PM says "Alignment: Werewolves," you are aligned with the werewolves.) The werewolves' main weapon is the kill they can perform each Night. They can also use deceit and sow the seeds of confusion among the town.

Werewolf Win Condition: At least one werewolf-aligned player is alive when all other players are dead, or nothing can prevent the same

The Independents
In addition to the two main factions, there sometimes exist independent or "indie" characters. They are not on either main team and are aligned with themselves. (In Werewolf XIV, if your role PM says "Alignment: None," you are an indie.) Indies are not always a threat to the town, but the town usually needs to eliminate them in order to claim victory. If you are an indie, whether or not you are a threat to the town is at the sole discretion of the game moderator. If you're not sure, ask.

xjYQu.png

Rules

Violation of any of these rules will result in a modkill. A modkill is when you are forcibly removed from the game by me.

1. You may not directly quote anything I PM to you in regards to this game.
2. No editing posts. (Hint: Merging posts (a result from double posting) appears as an edit. Don't do it!) First violation will result in a warning; second is a modkill.
3. No talking about the game outside of the game thread.
4. No forum name changes as long as you're alive.

Rule changes:

1. The only thing you're not allowed to do is quote a role PM. Otherwise you may share as much of it as you are comfortable sharing. You are allowed to lie about the contents of your role PM, but if you quote one--even a fake one--you'll still be modkilled.
2. The activity rule has been changed; instead of being required to post once per game Day, you must post once every seven real-life days. An activity PM will suffice if the game Day ends too quickly, but I may consider replacing you if that's all you're doing to stay in the game.

FAQ

Q: What happens when I die?
A: When you die, you are removed from the game and can no longer post in the game thread (because you are dead). If you are part of the wolf team, you will also lose access to the wolf forum.

Q: I died and was the seer and I learned Player X was a wolf! Can I tell the others?
A: Absolutely not. In fact, you may not share anything you learned while alive, not just results of your role.

Q: I'm going to be gone for X days. What will happen to me?
A: You will be temporarily replaced, if need be. You may reclaim your character upon your return.

Q: How long does a game last?
A: Usually a couple months, but of course your participation depends on how long you survive...

Q: Why are my abilities numbered?
A: Any ability numbered zero is guaranteed to always be available for you. The others are fair game for blocking/stopping/redirecting/whatever. Keep that in mind.

If you have any specific questions regarding your role or how the game works, shoot me a PM.

cqtZi.png

Remaining players:

2. One Approved
14. Bisharp37
16. HypnoticLuxray
17. TheGuy
24. Puff
27. King Arceus

Dead players:

Town Scum Indie

1. Zyflair Reshiwott Slashed to death Night 8
3. Deus: Nightmare Autarch Shot Night 3
4. dmaster Sacrificed self Night 2
5. ComfortEagle Modkilled Day 8
6. Riskbreakers Lynched Day 3 WINNER
7. ESP Shot Night 4
8. Cinesra Lynched Day 8
9. Dark Void Lynched Day 5
10. Spammy Shot Night 11
11. superpokemon67 Shot Night 7
12. Teal Shot Night 9
13. Glace Lynched Day 2
15. Zorua Died of 9001 illnesses Day 2
18. King Piplup Modkilled Day 9
19. Nengeni Slashed to death Night 2
20. Eevee Modkilled Day 9
21. Chariblaze Committed suicide Night 6
22. Mokoko Lynched Day 7
23. ShadowLugia Modkilled Day 12
25. Shocker Lynched Day 6
26. alexmf2 sillykyle Shot Night 6
29. Infinity Slashed to death Night 7
30. Nature's Profit Exploded Night 2
31. Non Sequitur doublenikesocks Modkilled Day 9
32. Lucky Fire Lynched Day 4
33. Blob55 Modkilled Day 8
34. Kecleon-X Lynched Day 9
35. Porygon-X Slashed to death Night 3
36. Rusticks Modkilled Day 12
37. Blah Lynched Day 11
28. Blui129 WINNER
38. PMysterious Died of battle wounds Night 3
39. Meaty Modkilled Day 12
40. corn bread Lynched Day 1
41. Chillarmy Argetlam Modkilled Day 12
42. The Yoshi Shot Night 8
43. Roari Sacrificed self Night 10

Fa69F.png

It was a beautiful autumn morning in the small town of Canton Falls. A portly white man sat at his desk, adjusting his glasses as he read the morning paper.

So they got another one, he mused to himself as he read. John Hinton, twenty-two, loving husband, yadda yadda. Local inventor to unveil proposed solution today... He looked up to his aide. "Andrews?"

"Yes, sir?" came the swift reply.

"Clear my schedule," the man said, showing his aide the picture of the inventor the paper had included. "I want to meet this man."

A few hours later, a large group had gathered in the town square, where one man stood on a large platform next to a huge, blanketed object. Voices could be heard throughout:

"What is it?"

"Is it really going to help us?"

"I heard the mayor was here and was going to buy it."

"This is probably another one of Eli's low-quality inventions! We're wasting our time!"

"I don't see you coming up with any ideas! At least he's trying!"

"Now, now, ladies and gentleman, please quiet down," the man on the platform said, signaling he was ready to begin. "I know some of you have been less than satisfied with some of my inventions, but this one is guaranteed to put all your fears to rest!"

"Yeah right!" a heckler shouted.

"Mock me now if you must," Eli continued, grasping the cloth covering his invention with both hands. "But you will all come to respect me once you see the wondrous power of..."

With a yank, the cloth came off and revealed...

"Eli's Amazing Lynch Machine!"

True to its name, the Lynch Machine was a large and sturdy box with a control panel on one side. An enormous arm extended several feet up from the base; a noose dangled from its tip. At the sight of this, many people started to leave, but they were quickly quieted by the sight of the mayor.

"Now, hold on just a minute here. This werewolf problem has gotten out of hand, and I'm determined to get to the bottom of it. Now, we're all going to sit here and let this man have his say. Way I see it, only way you can really object is if you're one of them, and if that's the case I'd be more than happy to have one of our town's finest policemen shoot you down. Sound good, everyone?"

With grudging acceptance, they all made their way back to the square, where Eli began his speech again. "Thank you, Mayor Bellingham, for your support. As I was saying, the Lynch Machine is built with state-of-the-art technology. Using this lever, I can control this massive arm and with the push of a button, instantly hang anyone!"

"You're off your rocker, Eli!" was heard from the crowd. "What makes you think we'd want you to do that?!"

A devilish grin crept over Eli's face. "Because the werewolves are here, among you, at this very moment."

And suddenly, panic. Some tried to leave; one was gunned down as he made his exit. "No one move!" the mayor shouted. "I'll have every last one of you shot, I swear it!"

When order had finally been restored, Eli continued. "I speak the truth, fellow citizens. I have analyzed the hairs left from recent werewolf attacks and used that data to have the Lynch Machine react whenever werewolves are near it. You know, as a safety measure. So, I'm sure you're all wondering: Eli, which one of them is a werewolf? The answer: I don't know! I'm not that talented. So it's up to you all! Tell me who to send the Lynch Machine after and they will be strung up faster than you can say "buncha munchy crunchy carrots."

The townspeople looked around in fear. They felt trapped and afraid, knowing that if they did anything suspicious, they'd be hanged, and if they made a break for it, they'd be shot. How would they get out of this one?

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls (signups)

A Guide to Items

Items are a new mechanic that I am testing in Werewolf XIV.

There are many different Items that have been given to specific characters. Each Item has a different effect. Some are good, some are bad. Here's all you need to know:

- At Night, you may either do nothing with your Item or attempt to pass it to another player. Think carefully before you decide to hoard an Item you think is beneficial - you may be losing out on the chance to get something really cool. Or not.
- You may only hold one Item at any time. If you are holding an Item when someone tries to pass you an Item, the pass will fail and the other person will retain their Item.
- You cannot reject the passing of an Item; if you are not holding an Item and someone passes you one, you will take possession of it whether you want to or not.
- Item passing is secret. You will only be made aware that you have been given an Item, not who gave it to you.
- If multiple people attempt to pass an Item to the same player, whoever PMs me first will have their pass go through. Be prompt! (Thefts work in the same manner. Speaking of thefts...)
- Some roles have the ability to steal Items. The theft of an Item supersedes the passing of one (it will be stolen before you pass it). If Player A passes an Item to Player B the same Night Player C chooses to steal an Item from Player B, the theft will occur before the passing (no Item will be stolen).
- If a player dies while holding an Item, that Item is effectively removed from the game (but may be returned depending on the circumstances)
- An Item may change form and function when held by certain players. You don't have to do anything to change it - if you are holding the correct Item, it will change automatically.

If you have a question, post. Here's a quick FAQ

Q: How many Items are there?
A: Ask other players.

kgo

In it to win it.

I am in... I was in?

> ask if you can post
> don't wait for an answer

scumbag glace

Yes, you all can post. Also if you've pre-signed for this game, you will still need to verify your role PM. Don't hold up the game, now!

also Teal I added you to the list already lol, didn't want to screw you over cause I know you stressed being able to sign up in time.

Yeah I just noticed. :B Thanks. Timezones. You never know what could happen. *shrug*

PMJ said:
> ask if you can post
> don't wait for an answer

scumbag glace

Yes, you all can post. Also if you've pre-signed for this game, you will still need to verify your role PM. Don't hold up the game, now!

Some people already have roles?

nap time

I expect this thread to be full of everyone I wanna see and assorted randoms when I wake up.

Oh, and because I feel that despite some of the bomb diggity roles the wolves have, it's gonna be a day start to cut them a break. I reserve the right to limit ability usage, etc etc

I am calling it: OP Wolves, underpowered town ;_;

Glace said:
Some people already have roles?

No. They just already signed up. They don't have to post 'in' or whatever because they've already done it privately.

HypnoticLuxray said:
Early signups? O _ O

I PMed the first ten people you see offering them a spot in this game. I didn't want this game overrun by unknowns, so these are the people I definitely wanted to play. Spammy did my artwork so I offered him a spot. superpokemon is going out of town and instead of holding off until he comes back I just added him to be a bro. Teal is, like, on the other side of the world and isn't balls at this game so I did him a solid and added him.

To everyone who isn't a noob and I didn't ask, don't be mad bro, it doesn't mean I think you suck or w/e, I just wanted to make sure the people I wanted to see in this game didn't get screwed by me posting this thread at THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. TIME!

ok I will add anyone who posted between my messages and then nap time

Glace said:
I am calling it: OP Wolves, underpowered town ;_;
Not even close. If anything, the town should be overpowered since they outnumber the wolves. But these things have a way of sorting themselves out. You absolutely will not see the same dickery that WW13's police force brought. The biggest difference here is that while the town can learn lots of information, you don't know who's being truthful and the information isn't being given by a deathproof clear.

in it to be either a sucky townie or an indie confirmed day/ night one.

Time for stupid inb4:s.

inb4 mayor is wolf
inb4 TDL is head wolf
inb4 dmaster is killed right away
inb4 DNA trolls us all
inb4 safari screws over the town
inb4 TheGuy "is a sucky townie or confirmed indie"
inb4 everything I said is true

Didn't you say there are 42 players? Why not 42? ;_;

Woah! 43 Players? That's a lot more than last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back