Wednesday, 10/24, DP3 and 4 News and Scans

Just some general comments from me on this set:

I really like Poryon2, it's Poke-Power is definately cool as you can essentially play 2 Supporters a turn with Download! PorygonZ is less than impressive though, even if he can target weaknesses with Conversion.

Suzy's Lottery = probably the best draw supporter I've seen in ages. Definately the draw card of choice for the next 2 formats.

Rare Candy is reprinted, which is nice.

Call Energy is awesome, as you can then search out Pokemon when you play it instead of having to rely on a dedicated starter. Speaking of that, Pachirisu is the choice starter for normal decks, Relicanth for Fossil decks.

Darkrai and its Lv X form of course are the things to beat with Dark Pokemon and decks. Cresselia and its Lv X form also are fun to use.

Some great tools are included with this set, like Amulet Coin and Leftovers. Shame tool useage is going to fall when Castaway is rotated out.

But overall, almost every Pokemon is playable in this set (with exceptions like the prerenial loser Butterfree, even Beedrill swarm is a legitimate deck idea).

Oh crud I reread Zapdos and now it's bad. I thought what it the first time I read it was that the forty damage was to one of your opponents pokemon...
GPM: I think mewtwo got a x2 weakness not sure though because all of the attacks are the same.

Zapdos always did damage to your bench. I read them awhile ago and The only reason I wouldn`t have played him is because of 40 to bench.

I`m trying to get some sort of energy accelerator.

pokes
4xPachy/Phione/Manytke(most likely)
2xMantine if Mantyke
4-4 Wailord

Glacias, heal energy, WP :p And others. Lets just leave it at that. lol
Shinryu said:
Just some general comments from me on this set:

I really like Poryon2, it's Poke-Power is definately cool as you can essentially play 2 Supporters a turn with Download! PorygonZ is less than impressive though, even if he can target weaknesses with Conversion.

Suzy's Lottery = probably the best draw supporter I've seen in ages. Definately the draw card of choice for the next 2 formats.

Rare Candy is reprinted, which is nice.

Call Energy is awesome, as you can then search out Pokemon when you play it instead of having to rely on a dedicated starter. Speaking of that, Pachirisu is the choice starter for normal decks, Relicanth for Fossil decks.

Darkrai and its Lv X form of course are the things to beat with Dark Pokemon and decks. Cresselia and its Lv X form also are fun to use.

Some great tools are included with this set, like Amulet Coin and Leftovers. Shame tool useage is going to fall when Castaway is rotated out.

But overall, almost every Pokemon is playable in this set (with exceptions like the prerenial loser Butterfree, even Beedrill swarm is a legitimate deck idea).

Harsh.....Butterfree isnt bad. It`s pretty good. 30+heal for 1 energy. even it`s other attack is pretty good.

Wow more translations and we can finally see Wailord! Nice healing body and as usual high energy attack that does almost no damage.(compared to stronger pokemon)The only way I can see someone beating it even with the healing body is maybe 2OHKO if the Lighting pokemon is very strong. Otherwish other pokes might 3OHKO and definately 4OHKO it, but that may be just the amount of stall time your opponent needs, so just KO it as fast as possible. That was the only card I felt on commenting about anyway.

dmaster out.

TOGEKISS is AWESOME! Best card in the set! Combos so well with pokemon that do damage x number of energy attached, besides being beautiful :)

I only hav 1 word for that Blaziken... NICE! I think Typhlosion MT just got a new best friend! :D

Anyways... new Stadiums are nice! Mewtwo is still pretty cool and Moltres is pretty cool also... even tho they hav x2 weakness... i hope we get that Garchomp lvX over here... he is SOOO broken!

Aside from that, i want that new supporter! The better version of TV Reporter!

What's up with the Trainer/Supporter/Energy cards in Secret Wonders? Weren't a bunch of those already in the last two sets?

Back