Want to be a Strategist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i am going into masters division this upcoming year. i won 2 cities and Maryland states this year and last year i T8'd a Gym Challenge. I also went to Nats but didnt too very well this year.

i constantly help people at my league with deckhelp as well as others on Pokegym. i have a reputation of being bull-headed, but in my opinion that helps to weed out bad ideas, being too open-minded may lead you to believe some cards to be good without fully understanding the mechanics of it. i would love to be a strategist for Pokegym.

My name's Robbie, and i play Pokemon. :p

I would very much like to become a Pokebeach strategist.

I think that I am qualified to become one because I have won several pre-releases, I have won many tournaments - including a City and State championship and I came 10th at my National Championship this year. At my league I help people with their decks all the time, and I enjoy talking about strategies and making some with my friends at League.

I value grammar and spelling very highly, because, ppl dat tlk lik dis dserve 2 die in ma onipion.

Also, I coached my sister - who has NEVER played before - and she came third at my State Championship. I have coached several other people who were really bad players, but now go on to be even competitors in Tournaments.

I want to be a strategist. I am not so good at playing, but I am quite good at making the decks, even tough most of my decks are rouge decks, I always help my friend make his Mario, R-gon, Flynite, Metanite and Altamence. When he finally finished his Metanite, he won the local tournaments 3 weeks in a row. Last week, it was my first time beating Flygon eeveeloutions, so I think I am getting better. Again, I know I am bad at playing, but I hope I can become a strategist.
My records suck, my first nationals was very bad because I was still a noob.

Nationals-2006 Second-Last place.:(
Nationals-2007 30ish place.

Blazing_Monkey said:
I want to be a strategist. I am not so good at playing, but I am quite good at making the decks, even tough most of my decks are rouge decks, I always help my friend make his Mario, R-gon, Flynite, Metanite and Altamence. When he finally finished his Metanite, he won the local tournaments 3 weeks in a row. Last week, it was my first time beating Flygon eeveeloutions, so I think I am getting better. Again, I know I am bad at playing, but I hope I can become a strategist.
Water Pokémon Master said:
People who have not supplied a tournament record cannot be considered, so if you have not typed one up, you should edit your post! :p

ash ketchup said:
when will you post who becomes a sratagist?
Next year.

Seriously, he has to discuss with God-knows-who, read through each of their resumés and analyse each one...

But by the time of next year, our tournament records will have changed...

I have never posted on these forums but I've looked over them for a while. I'm not the best when it comes to gramer and spelling but if I were to be a strategist then I would make sure that I did everything just right.

I've been collecting ever since base but have only been playing competitively for about 3 and a half years. i go to league every friday and have placed high in all the store tournaments the've had. I've won 3 pre-releases and one of my friends at yesterdays MT pre made it his goal to stop me from wining my 4th total and 3rd straight. At the Delta Species pre I made a Metagross Dragonite delta deck without even knowing what net decks were at the time so I made it with all my own creativity and have never used the holons engine except at battle roads. I've won 4 cities, 3 in 05-06 (they were layton ut clearfield ut and provo ut) and 1 in 06-07 (this was in murray) and I never came any lower than 4th in those 2 years, I came 2nd in a battle roads (provo ut) and usually 3rd in the others. I also won Utah's 2007 states but couldn't go to nationals because of the 300 travel allowance had a mail by date, but my good friend (who used to be 6th rank in the world for months) who went said that I would have had a good chance to make top cut or close.

I am quite good at finding combos with cards. My friends are always coming to me for advice on what combos to use with different cards and decks and when I give them advice it usually works very well, like my friend coming 2nd in two states, 2nd and top 8 in two gym challenge, and 6th in our regoinals this year. I also helped 6 of my friends make top 8 at states in 06. and if I were to have any trouble with finding a combo with certain cards I could ask my 2 friends who are both very high ranking in nationals and in my state.

And I thank you for taking you're time reading this.

Unlike other players or members in this forum, I just started this Pokebeach acount because of this strategist position. I have played pokemon from day one, but I have only been to one tourny. At a local store filled with kids. Then again, who else would play pokemon. I know enouph of the game to make good decks, help other people, and make shure people are playing by the rules. I try not to look like a know-it-all, because well, I'm not.

Part of being a strategist is knowing enouph of the game that you can explain it to a child. I've been on too many forums where they seem to be writen in a different language. If I can show a 7 year old girl how to make a tournament winning deck, I might as well do it for Pokebeach.

Water Pokémon Master said:
People who have not supplied a tournament record cannot be considered, so if you have not typed one up, you should edit your post! :p

I would like to be a strategist. The first organized tounement I ever went to was the Regionals. I came in ninth place there. I don't usually get a chance participate in big tournaments but I still constantly play the game. I had my "Currently Legal Rare/Holographic Card Box" stolen at one point and I am still recovering from that At a local tournament I scored fifth place. That's pretty much my tounament record. I currently run a Heravine 62. It is built mainly with Heracross and Carnivine. The 62 means that they can do 60 damage for 2 energies. In case you still don't understand the concept of a Heracross, Carnivine, and Turtwig deck, it's just a form of Haymaker. I used to run Sally (DS) until now when I was devastated to hear it was being rotated out. When Shining Darkness comes out I will probably run some type of new Rain Dancer with Blastoise (SD) and Blissey (MT), Manectric (MT), Feraligator (MT), or somthing like that.

Just passing bye to ask and watch...

Dear WPM,

I would like to ask this question.

"If you clearly don't have a tourney record you can't apply right???"

THX

*facepalm*

Top 32 Worlds '04.
Top 8 Nats '05.
Competitor Worlds '05.
Competitor Worlds '06.

Unfortunately, I don't win every single prerelease I go to, so I guess I'm nowhere near as good at Pokemon as all of these other guys that applied...
;x

Burninating_Torchic said:
*facepalm*

Top 32 Worlds '04.
Top 8 Nats '05.
Competitor Worlds '05.
Competitor Worlds '06.

Unfortunately, I don't win every single prerelease I go to, so I guess I'm nowhere near as good at Pokemon as all of these other guys that applied...
;x

LMAO, made me CRACK up..

Anyway, any word on this or the TCG Manager Program?

WPM: I can see you still stand up for the little guy, and that's nice, but I don't think TM was insulting B_T. I think he was laughing at the fact that B_T went to 3 worlds in a row, and thinks he has less chance then people that win Pre's. Also, what's the difference between this and the TCG Manager Program exactly?

B_R: If it comes down to tournament records, you're more qualified then anyone else yet. A LOT more qualified then me for a tournament record.

Master of the six kings said:
WPM: I can see you still stand up for the little guy, and that's nice, but I don't think TM was insulting B_T. I think he was laughing at the fact that B_T went to 3 worlds in a row, and thinks he has less chance then people that win Pre's. Also, what's the difference between this and the TCG Manager Program exactly?

B_R: If it comes down to tournament records, you're more qualified then anyone else yet. A LOT more qualified then me for a tournament record.

I think you misunderstood WPM's post, it was CLEARLY targeted at me, for the sarcastic remark at the bottom of my post.

Someone suggested this to me, so I suppose I'll see if I can help (this, by the way, will constitute my first post on your forum, though I often refer to spoilers and translations on your site). If I can give back to the game and to the community by doing card strategy reviews here, I'll be happy to do so.

Qualifications:

I'm the moderator of the Deck Help and Strategy forums at the Pokegym, in addition to being one of their (now defunct) deck mechanics known as Cardiologists - the hiatus of the Cardiology project there is largely what gives me the opening in my schedule to be able to handle this. Feel free to refer to much of my work there. Prior to becoming a moderator, I won the inaugural Pokemon Fanfic contest for the birthday celebration, and that archived story can stand as testament to my writing ability.

As far as pokemon tournament experience is concerned, I've won numerous prereleases, city championships, gym challenges, and battle roads in my time as a pokemon player (yeah, I'm old...). In lieu of listing all of them, though, I'll just give you a few of the results at larger tournaments that I think you'll find relevant:

North Carolina State Champion (Masters) - 2004
North Carolina State Champion (Masters) - 2005
North Carolina State Champion (Masters) - 2006
Southeast Regional Champion - 2006
Third Place - Southeast Regional Championship - 2005
Fourth Place - Northeast Regional Championship - 2005
Fourth Place - Professor Cup - 2005
t16's at:
Nationals 2004
Nationals 2005
Worlds 2004
t8's at:
North Carolina State Championship - 2007

I was unable to attend worlds in 2006, nationals in 2007, and worlds in 2007 due to the birth of my daughter and subsequent resposibilities thereof.

I can provide additional support upon request, though I believe I have one final asset which will distinguish me above and beyond most applicants and prove my qualifications beyond a shadow of a doubt:

I know, and can explain the difference between, the words "Rogue" and "Rouge." athankyouverymuch.

Cheers,

Jake/Dendro

Burninating_Torchic said:
*facepalm*

Top 32 Worlds '04.
Top 8 Nats '05.
Competitor Worlds '05.
Competitor Worlds '06.

;x

Hey, you're much better then me.:p I never went higher then 30 in Nationals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back