Virizion EX / Genesect EX

Conzipe said:
No. I actually like the Plasma Blast Genesect better.

There is also another Genesect released in the Japanese TCG. I also doubt it will be good in this deck if it ever is released here.

GenesectGenesectHalfDeck8.jpg

Attacks:
1x Grass
Slash 20

4x Colorless
Gun Blaster 50+
Does 20 more damage for each Grass Energy attached to this Pokémon.

I mainly like Redsect since it gets through Safeguard plus it can force 7 prize rule and it's pretty not bad. I don't like the Plasma Blast one for some reason.

Plasma Blast Genesect only as a 1 retreat cost and it's attack for 3 energy can do 80 or 100 damage but you get to keep the energy!!
The only advantage RedSect has is potentially the first attack and the slightly higher HP.

I don't like playing the Plasma Blast Genesect in VirGen, but I do think it's a better option than RedSect.

Conzipe said:
Plasma Blast Genesect only as a 1 retreat cost and it's attack for 3 energy can do 80 or 100 damage but you get to keep the energy!!
The only advantage RedSect has is potentially the first attack and the slightly higher HP.

I don't like playing the Plasma Blast Genesect in VirGen, but I do think it's a better option than RedSect.

I generally hate chance cards...

What about Garbodor in this deck?

I explained the basic ideas and my opinions on it in this thread:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-nxd-on-virizion-genesect-and-garbodor

Conzipe said:

What possibly for? You would be hurting yourself much more than you'de be helping. Immunity to lasers is HUGE, and if garbodor is just for blastoise the blastoise matchup is decent already when you can OHKO their acceleration. Plus red signal's pretty decent too, I just don't see how the benefits outweigh the downfalls.

Aggressiv said:
Conzipe said:

What possibly for? You would be hurting yourself much more than you'de be helping. Immunity to lasers is HUGE, and if garbodor is just for blastoise the blastoise matchup is decent already when you can OHKO their acceleration. Plus red signal's pretty decent too, I just don't see how the benefits outweigh the downfalls.

It would make the Blastoise match up really positive, and it's also really good against Plasma/Bangle, since Kyurem can't OHKO you anymore.

Personally I think if you're worried about Blastoise, this is a good idea. But against other decks it's not worth the space. Against Plasma, you'd rather have Drifblim's than Garbodor.

Eh, I'm not so sure. Blastoise is now running high amounts of scrapper, which makes Garbodor feel like wasted space when the matchup isn't even bad. It's more worth it to focus on the Plasma or mirror matchup.

The actual reason to use Garbodor is to make use of LaserBank.
LaserBank is an amazing way to add damage in this deck since it allows you to reach all sorts of magic numbers a lot easier. However the main drawback is the mirror match where Laser is just awful...

So that's where Garbodor really comes in handy. Shutting off Virizion's ability and not making Laser a waste of space.
Also Garbodor generally magnifies the power of laser by shutting off abilities like Keldeo EX Rush In.
Another problem this deck has is pokémon with safeguard when there is very few good non-EX attackers to work with and just relying on G Booster is a dangerous concept. Garbodor solves this issue as well.
While being able to shut off abilities when you are ready for it and when the opponent isn't is a helpful concept in a lot of different match-ups.

I think the TDK match-up mainly is difficult due to Kyurem which is a pain to OHKO. With Megalo Cannon + Virbank + Laser it's much easier to knock all their energy off the board which makes the deck less of a threat.

While shutting off Virizion's ability is not as bad as it sounds. You decide exactly when your opponents special conditions are going to work and not. If it ever comes down to a war between special conditions this deck will pretty much always have the advantage. You can use Tool Scrapper on your own Garbodor to get rid of any special condition your active pokémon may be in. While Genesect's Red Signal just functions as a nice bonus it will usually not hurt much to shut it off.
Abusing and winning wars with Lasers is where this deck really shines.

If I was to add the Drifblim line in this deck, how many of each balloon do you think would be ideal?

Fatality said:
If I was to add the Drifblim line in this deck, how many of each balloon do you think would be ideal?

Minimum 2-1-1 if you want to make an impact vs. plasma.

I run 3-2-1 Blast/Exalted Drifblim because it's good in the mirror and plasma, but that's just me.

Aggressiv said:
Fatality said:

Minimum 2-1-1 if you want to make an impact vs. plasma.

I run 3-2-1 Blast/Exalted Drifblim because it's good in the mirror and plasma, but that's just me.

Yeah, 3-2-1 is probably the best. Going up to 4-2-2 isn't a bad idea either, if Plasma's the only thing you think you'll face.

I run a 4-4 with 2 / 2 split on the Drifblims. It's extremely good against plasma whilst you setup a Genesect on the bench and later in the game shadow steal becomes broken. It's also quite good in the mirror. On top of a 4-4 line I play 2 enhanced hammers, it may seem like overkill but it's efficient and still maintains consistency. I also mainly play this because of the seniors meta where I'm from. There is literally zero Blastoise due to it being too expensive for seniors to build. Plasma and dark/garb are the primary decks and so I take a more aggressive approach towards plasma as Dark / Garb is already slightly favorable if played right.

I found Deoxys to be an excellent tech in this deck, especially if you run Virizion with plasma badges. Makes for great energy acceleration and some decent damage.

RegiReal said:
I found Deoxys to be an excellent tech in this deck, especially if you run Virizion with plasma badges. Makes for great energy acceleration and some decent damage.

Seconded, in the Blastoise match-up you can OHKO blastoises with Virizion if it has a plasma badge and 2 Deoxys on the bench and you can OHKO Keldeos if you run laser bank.

50 (emerald slash) + 20 (x2 deoxys) x 2 (weakness) = 140 on Blastoise
50 (emerald slash) + 20 (x2 deoxys) x 2 (weakness) + 30 (Laser bank) = 170 on Keldeo

miniman said:
RegiReal said:

Seconded, in the Blastoise match-up you can OHKO blastoises with Virizion if it has a plasma badge and 2 Deoxys on the bench and you can OHKO Keldeos if you run laser bank.

50 (emerald slash) + 20 (x2 deoxys) x 2 (weakness) = 140 on Blastoise
50 (emerald slash) + 20 (x2 deoxys) x 2 (weakness) + 30 (Laser bank) = 170 on Keldeo

Doing that would cost heaps of spots, as well as making you vulnerable to Plasma. Don't run Deoxys.

With Tornadus EPO being reprinted in Legendary Treasures, IMO, this will mesh greatly with VirGen doing 80 damage and moving a basic energy will be the perfect way to hit 180 with Megalo Cannon as well as charge the dude up to be able attack next turn with an attachment and a Energy Switch or a Colress Machine, call me insane, but this guy isnt out of this game yet.

Italian pride decks will be good when Tornadous is reprinted in Legendary treasures. For those who don't know the archetype it is virizon/sigilyph/torandous ex. You replace normal Virizon with Virizon EX and you have the stall going while you also have the option of powering up tornadous through Virizon.

To people who believe playing Drifblim is a good idea, it can be although it does take a lot of space up. When I was making my decklist, i actually was putting in a few prism energies over grass and experimenting with a victini EX as well for the mirror match. Just some thoughts, space while it may seem like something that isnt a problem can be if we try and include to match happening in the deck it can be.

miniman said:
Br0vyle said:
I actually saw someone play 3 Deoxys in this deck as well as driftblim at regionals.

Do you know what they placed?

Not sure if it's the same player or not, but one of the players at my LGS took V / G with 3 deoxys to regionals and took 32nd. I've been playing a similar list, and it works like a dream. With even one Deoxys (assuming badge), Virizion and Genesect combo off and get some big kills fast. Also, I've been focusing on using Lugia in this deck. I know it's not strictly Virizion / Genesect, but Virizion to Lugia is Bonkers. 4 Turn win nonsense and the like.

Back