Virizion/Cradily/Ampharos City

bulbasuar17

Aspiring Trainer
Heyyy. I just wanted to bring up this deck that my league friends and I came up with (well probably not the first to think about it) But I don't see a thread about this already.
This Deck Crushes Blastoise

The Strategy is To get Cradily Out T2, And Get an Ampharos or 2 Out. Then Use Virizion to Handle Lasers. With The Help of Silver Mirror, Ampharos won't be taking any plasma damage, But in the active Spot Ampharos Will Use its ability to deal 30 damage per energy attached from the hand, plus frozen city, Plus LaserBank Combos, For Maximum Damage Output. Say You are Facing Plasma and Virizion happens to get KO'd.
Step 1. Attempt to Bring out another one.
Step 2. Shaymin EX Helps Bring You Back Prizes.
My Skeleton List Looks Like this.

-Pokemon-
3-3 Cradily PLB
3 Ampharos DRX (Image Will Be attached)
1 Shaymin EX (Optional)
3 Virizion EX

= 13

-Trainers-/-Supporters-/-Stadiums-
3 Frozen City
1 Pokemon Center
4 Ultra Ball
3 Root Fossil
2 Level Ball
4 Juniper
3 N
1 Colress

= 20 ( I'll Add more this is just a skeleton)
Total = 33

-Energies-
4 Blend WFLM
4 Grass

=8
Total = 41
Tell me if i miscounted Please :)

FREE SPACE: 19 .THATS ALOT :D :D :D

Ampharos: http://pokebeach.com/scans/dragons-exalted/40-ampharos.jpg

Pokewiz1999 said:
You need Caitlin and why do you have Ampharos and no Mareep and Candies?

Read Cradily.

Honestly, I can't see this beating anything but Blastoise, and even Blastoise can win easily. Catcher screws over Ampharos and any Stadium screws over Frozen City. Then what can you do? With no energy accel you can't even try a Shaymin sweep very effectively.

This Deck is about saving energies. This deck vs. Blastoise in my testing and a few battles in League is 18 - 2.
vs. Plasma 15 - 5.
vs Rogue 20 - 0 LOL
vs Vir Gen 15-15
:p Its all about how you play it.

bulbasuar17 said:
This Deck is about saving energies. This deck vs. Blastoise at My league is 18 - 2.
vs. plasma 15 - 5.
vs Rogue 20 - 0 LOL
vs Vir Gen 15-15
These numbers seem inaccurate considering that PLB cards came out last weekend, barely anyone has a set of 4 VirGen, and they all total up to 20 or 30...Unless if your league is already on NXD format then I highly doubt that this deck even did so well. And if this is accurate then how does this deck go 18 and 2 to blastoise, your match up, and 20 and 0 to rogue?

bulbasuar17 said:
This Deck is about saving energies. This deck vs. Blastoise at My league is 18 - 2.
vs. plasma 15 - 5.
vs Rogue 20 - 0 LOL
vs Vir Gen 15-15

That...doesn't explain how you intend to win when you face something other than Blastoise, or a Blastoise with Catchers and Stadiums.

Remember. You Can Proxy Cards with leagues and friends.... And these weren't fully fledged decks, These were tested for Deckbuilding

vs. Plasma, Using Silver Mirror Of Course, Ampharos Must Be Active, and hopefully there is a spare on the bench.
Decks Vs. Colress Machine, (Plasma ofc), any attacker will do, you have blend energies that you can use for attacking.
Stadium War: Thats why you have Pokemon Center. Frozen City Won't Apply vs. Plasma in the First Place.
Please List Any Suggested Attackers for This deck, as there is an Infinite amount of free Space

Ampharos is an awful attacker, any good Plasma is going to run several Tool Scrappers now that Silver Mirror is out. Pokemon Center doesn't help you at all. Your idea is to get Frozen City out; how is destroying their stadium and replacing it with a useless one going to help you win? Your win con is Frozen City... There just aren't any good enough Stage 2 attackers to be honest.

Tbh I would probably drop the Virizion and add in Garchomp and maybe Enhanced Hammer for Plasma while you set up. And while we are doing that add in Empoleon. You need something to hit hard because honestly Ampharos is good only against Blastoise. Drop the Pokemon Center while you're at it, because that's quite useless. And you may want to play Silver Bangle too. 90 for 1 on Garchomp is insane, and Empoleon needs the extra damage.

Why do you play Virizion at all? If you want to attack with it, it takes 2 turns to set up, then you attack and charge to Cradily, then attack with Cradily (another turn), then you can start to do stuff by turn 4. I would just try and go speed Cradily, if that's possible. Don't get me wrong, the deck may work, but I would use it as a toolboxy thing than just straight Cradily/Ampharos.

One more thing, did your opponents play Tool Scrapper at all?

Virizion is for LaserBank Protection. But IDK. And my opponents played 2 Tool Scrappers At Most.
Empoleon Is great advice, and so is Garchomp. This deck has an insane amount of free space for attackers.
In no way Will Cradily Ampharos Work Without attackers! :D

if you wana go the speed cradily route, why not use Twist Mountain in conjunction with the fossil?

Shadowleone said:
if you wana go the speed cradily route, why not use Twist Mountain in conjunction with the fossil?

Twist Mountain is absolutely unnecessary and inconsistent. I get turn 2 cradily very consistently by just discarding it with comp search/ultra ball/juniper.

Haxorus. It's a Stage 2, works with the WLFM Blends you have, and can OHKO any Team Plasma Pokemon.
The only downside is it can be hit by Frozen City.

GHJamesGH said:
Shadowleone said:

Twist Mountain is absolutely unnecessary and inconsistent. I get turn 2 cradily very consistently by just discarding it with comp search/ultra ball/juniper.

How this magic works? You can't use revive, i can't see how to get it back!

Read Lileep's Ability. Root Fossil Lileep lets you play Lileep from the bottom of your deck (which is where it'll be after you discard it and use its Ability).

I wonder if Magnezone (Dual Brains) may be useful, since you could summon it via Cradily and now you can play 2 Supporters per turn.

Cradily really does look interesting, I can't wait to mess around with it :p

Dang. Sheriff K you keep bringing good ideas to the table! a constant Caitlin or N would be handy....

I once said Dual Brains would be good. Glad to see someone else thought of it. :)

How about Empoleon from Dark Explorers? Give you all important draw? You could also throw in a Exeggute so you don't have to discard anything important.

Back