Video Game Collections

pikablu29

Human Delibird
My collection is far from pristine but it's something I'm definitely proud of. Out of all the handheld systems I own, the original Gameboy holds the most memories. It has been thrown in anger, drowned in floods, and gotten me through countless groundings and car trips but yet it still lives on. As a child I was always sure to buy the newest Nintendo consoles so I just happened to turn into a collector by chance. Be sure to share your collections as well!

Link to Console Album: http://imgur.com/a/O7nl5
Nintendo Handheld Collection:
Gameboy
Play It Loud! Gameboy
Gameboy Light
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
Virtual Boy
Gameboy Advance x2
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Micro
Nintendo DS (fat)
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo DSi XL
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS XL

Games:
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Blue
Toy Story
Donkey Kong Land
Dr. Mario
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
Kirby’s Dreamland 2
Jurassic Park
Quarth
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Silver
Test Drive 6
Ghosts n’ Goblins
Pokemon Sapphire
Pokemon Fire Red
Gran Turismo
Flashcart for GBA
Flashcart for DS/DSi
plus many more that aren't pictured...

Accessories:
Game Genie (Gameboy)
Game Shark (GBC/GBP)
Gameboy screen magnifier
Pokewalker
GBC/GBA Worm Light
Gameboy Printer + new box of refill paper
Link Cable
Gameboy Camera

iiHCuTy.jpg

The thread has been updated so the topic follows the rules of the site. I wish I had a few pics to post now myself, but my collection isn't really a collection, so my apologies, but I have nothing:).

I can't quite beat your collection, but here is my stock of Nintendo Handhelds:

Nintendo Handheld Collection:
Gameboy x 2 

The story: These bad boys are technically not mine. My mother got them for my older brothers so that they would be quite on our road trips. Unfortunately, as the family grew, we would fight over gameboys. I recall playing with them a few times. 

Gameboy Pocket (Yellow)

The story: This was the 3rd gameboy in our collection, but it was all mine ^.^ I received this as a Christmas gift (1997... And I have the video proof). It is yellow. It matched one of my first games...Pokemon Yellow. Unfortunately, I cracked the screen a few years later...and I still played games with it for many more years.

Gameboy Color (Blue)

The story: Okay, this is not mine, but my oldest brothers'. This was the last gameboy my brothers took interest in. This was also when we got a link cable and traded Pokemon for the first time. I recall my brother sneaking away with my Pokemon game and gameboy in the night. When I would wake up, my best Pokemon (starter and legendaries) would be gone and replaced with Pidgeys and Caterpies. 

Gameboy Advance (Pink)

The story: I believe I got this to complement the Pokemon game that had just been released at the time (Crystal). Ruby and Sapphire are the only two games formatted for the advanced that I played on it. I wore this gameboy out. It is still in great condition, though.

Nintendo DS (Midnight Blue)

The story: I only got this for the Pokemon game that was out. I got this quite late (1+ after DS had already been out and I got it relatively cheap). I played on this until Pokemon X&Y came out.

Nintendo 3DS XL (Limited Edition: Pokemon Xerneas/Yveltal Blue Edition).

The story: I got this as a pre-birthday gift from my mother. I had been on the lookout for a 3DS periodically, for about a year, hoping for price drops. I got excited when I saw this one was being released. Thankfully, it was being released a few weeks before my birthday. I have used my "gameboy" (yes, I still call them that) just about everyday since I received it. It's a bit dirty now...

Games (family-wide):

Paperboy :  My third brother's favorite game

Pocahontas :  My first game

Tetris :  who didn't have this? I believe it came with the gameboy.

Jurassic Park :  never played

Mortal Kombat :  Our most addicting game

Pokemon Red :  Mom gave me this because I was always fighting with my brothers for Blue

Pokemon Yellow :  Mine, all mine ^.^ This was my favorite Pokemon game     because I could actually complete my pokedex

Pokemon Blue :  Our first Pokemon game

Donkey Kong Land :  hardly touched this game

Super Mario Land :  I recall stealing this game from my brothers

Pokemon Gold :  My grandmother gave me this while visiting for the summer

Pokemon Silver :  My grandmother gave this to my third brother while visiting for the summer.

Pokemon Crystal :  Perhaps my most played Pokemon game?

Pokemon Sapphire :  My most underplayed Pokemon games

Pokemon Ruby :  My most underplayed Pokemon games

Pokemon Diamond :  I got this relatively late after release, but loved the new graphics of the game

Pokemon Soul Silver :  So happy they remade this, as Crystal was one of my favorites. I didn't play this too much, though.

Zenses: Ocean :  played this a lot at my grandparents house

Pokemon Black :  I loved the story

Pokemon White 2 :  I loved the story and the expansion of Unova

Pokemon Conquest :  I got this while waiting for X&Y. I needed a new Pokemon game.

Pokemon X :  My favorite version of the generation. The first time I have traded Pokemon since gold &silver. 

Pokemon Y:  I got this so I could finally complete a pokedex (haven't done so since Yellow). I still have a way to go.

Fire Emblem: Awakening : What I am currently addicted to

Accessories:
Game Shark (GBC/GBP)
Pokewalker (used once)
Gameboy Printer  (hardly touched)
Link Cable (sparkly blue)
Cheat books
Pokemon walkthroughs (Red and Blue)

The World's Largest Video Game Collection recognized by Guinness - 11,000+ Games

http://www.gamegavel.com/bid_history.cgi?show_history=0000958029

I recently picked up the clear Play It Loud! Gameboy/DMG-01 (Always wanted this as a kid), a DSi XL (bronze), a Virtual Boy, new controller for it, Wario Land (VB) and Mario Tennis (VB). I have a stand for my Virtual Boy coming in later on today as well. Friday, Target stores are selling the 2DS for $99 so I may try to pick up the Sea Green one. Has anyone else grabbed some goodies for retro collections?
DSi XL
sRGqdaV.jpg

Play It Loud DMG-01
jptCUXD.jpg

Virtual Boy, Wario Land, Mario Tennis, new controller
ude4Sip.jpg

I love the way you have everything displayed. Really shows how even smaller-scale collections can look just as nice as the ones with thousands.

As for me... We have hundreds of games, but 90% of them aren't complete. When I get my own place I hope to set up a nice little Gamecube collection display. Right now you just see the spines, and that's a shame. Unfortunately living with other family means you can't just set something up. =p

SotS said:
I love the way you have everything displayed. Really shows how even smaller-scale collections can look just as nice as the ones with thousands.

As for me... We have hundreds of games, but 90% of them aren't complete. When I get my own place I hope to set up a nice little Gamecube collection display. Right now you just see the spines, and that's a shame. Unfortunately living with other family means you can't just set something up. =p

Thanks :) My display is constantly changing and I'm hoping to have it presentable soon since all that's left is the 2DS and 3DS XL to complete the collection. I have a Nintendo home console collection too but that's at my father's house since my husband and I's apartment is not big enough so I totally feel your pain you have with your Gamecube collection.

Back