US Nationals 2012

Still looking to borrow one more Mewtwo. Let me know if you have one that I can use for the event

EDIT: Just changed my deck. I'll lend you Darkrais if you can lend me lots of Eels stuff.

Mudkip711 said:
Then what deck do you think should be played? If you're not comfortable with Zeels or Darkrai you aren't left with many choices.

yes your right this format is defined by eels and evil ghosts, however if I were going to nats I would either play an anti meta or rouge so something like terrakion/landorus or ZPSM could actually be legit choices (ZPSM gives you a surprise factor, and lando/terrakion counters the top 2 decks nicely)

again I don't know and perhaps the best deck to use would be the one you know the best (for me that's zeels)

I really wish I could go, but since I can't I'll just cheer you on and offer any advice that I might be able to give (which isn't much, but it's something) That's just my $0.02

The thing with Terrakion/Landorus is that they're both easily OHKOd. They'll also have a very hard time against CMT decks that play heavy Tornadus.

Also, it's very hard to come up with an anti-meta deck now. One deck that autowins against another probably autoloses to the next.

We thought there was an anti meta deck once. We called it Donphan Mewtwo. It worked once then pokemon made an even more broken tornadus.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
yes your right this format is defined by eels and evil ghosts, however if I were going to nats I would either play an anti meta or rouge so something like terrakion/landorus or ZPSM could actually be legit choices (ZPSM gives you a surprise factor, and lando/terrakion counters the top 2 decks nicely)

again I don't know and perhaps the best deck to use would be the one you know the best (for me that's zeels)

I really wish I could go, but since I can't I'll just cheer you on and offer any advice that I might be able to give (which isn't much, but it's something) That's just my $0.02

Rogue* :p . ZPSM isn't consistent enough. Though its speed and donk capability is amazing, a Pachirisu as acceleration and the need for Shaymin is TOO reliant on weak basics. Lando/Terra is fast and dishes out huge damage, but just cause its fast doesn't mean its "the play". Lando puts Terras down to 120, thus getting OHKOd by Zekroms. Its weak and can't hold its own for too long. If a Zekeels player can KO the EXP Shares from play, all they need is a late-game Mewtwo and N to remove the energies from play.

Six Corners was "the counter deck of the format" back during Cities, however Hammertime destroys it and it is extremely inconsistent.

lando/terrakion and ZPSM were just examples, there are many decks that could be viable for nats, like a Terrakion/zekrom/shaymin rogue, or Tyram etc. etc. I'm not a professional, but I do know that to do well in a really big tournament like nats you need to play the unexpected. Weather that means darkrai with crazy techs or last format's meta is entirely up to you. (to me, it means don't play tier 1 stuff unless you've had alot of tournament experience with it)

iisnumber12 said:
We thought there was an anti meta deck once. We called it Donphan Mewtwo. It worked once then pokemon made an even more broken tornadus.

It was never good anyways.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
I'm not a professional, but I do know that to do well in a really big tournament like nats you need to play the unexpected.
Oh? Because last time I checked, the expected decks came out on top almost every Nationals. SP, YanZone, etc.

Nigel said:
Still looking to borrow one more Mewtwo. Let me know if you have one that I can use for the event

EDIT: Just changed my deck. I'll lend you Darkrais if you can lend me lots of Eels stuff.

What Eels stuff do you need?

I know what I'm wearing :D

28th: Charlie Brown "Duh, Winning" shirt
29th: Black shirt with a can on it that says "Motor Oil" in both English letters and Kanji.
30th: Pony shirt...it says "Brony" on it with Rainbow Dash
1st: I doubt I'll even make it to this day :p If I do, it'll be a black shirt with Mario characters on it.

All of these days I'll be wearing my Luxio hat with Mario buttons, with a bag that has the star from Mario on it. I'm very hard to miss :3 Everybody else should post what they're wearing, cuz I have no idea how to find ya'll.

Oh, and Celebi's right. Rogue and non-tier 1 decks barely win Nationals, especially in Masters lol.

T-Minus 15 hours...

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weoaddn_Xlc[/video]

RogueChomp said:
^??? Twins engine anyone? If Trainer lock is out pretty quick, those "speed decks" don't stand a chance. EXs give out 2 prizes easily, and Trainer lock can shut down half of their deck. Its not every day you see a T1 Darkrai, Zekrom, or Tornadus EX. Sure, it happens, but not EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Test what? And I don't know. Meganium has 2 less retreat and a more "solid" attack. The deck is really good, but dies to aggro Mewtwo and Raikou EX. Funny how that works with their ability to run both Groudon and Mewtwo. Meganium is run w/ Vileplume because they are both grass.

I actually test a Accelgor/Vileplume/Mew/Chandelure list on PlayTCG, and so far I am 3-0 with it

lol. My parents would never drive 6 hours round trip x 2 just to drop me off/pick me up.

I can't believe nats is tommorow, I'm soooo excited. Do you guys think they will enforce the play ponts, I think those players with the 10 play points will get priority to get into the tournament and if there are extra spots left then the players without 10 points will get a chance to play.

Back