Unown DAMAGE Banned in Japan, Will Likely Be Banned by TPCi Too!

Never heard of the other one. What is it?

The second combo utilizes Deluge Blastoise, Frozen City, and Energy Reset. Frozen city places damage on board with each water energy attached by deluge and then you return them all to hand with Energy Reset and doing it again until you reach the damage needed. You either win Turn 1/2 or probably scoop similar to Forest of Giant Plants Shifty decks.

There's also Masquerain (BW - Plasma Blast 2/101). Same exact Ability as Weavile but under a different name, and still a Stage 1.

Well we pretty much all saw these 2 coming. It's shame they didn't take the opportunity to try and make the game better by banning other broken cards.

Well we pretty much all saw these 2 coming. It's shame they didn't take the opportunity to try and make the game better by banning other broken cards.

Baby steps.

I'm one of those players that advocates banning (or at least allowing to rotate into only Expanded) many potent cards... but they meet my defintion of "broken" and not TPCi's or TPC's. I'm just glad Maxie got the boot now and not any later.

When Team Up is released, imma have a try at this to see how much of a monstrosity i can make it, I wont use this for Tourney play tho to keep it fair, jut local and home matches.

So, if someone were to randomly jump back into the game, you guys think this is a decent time to?

I'm more interested in Expanded if only because that's where the bulk of my cards are online.

With that new Omastar and Kabutops you can get a Item and Supporter lock both at the same time.

Crazy.

So, if someone were to randomly jump back into the game, you guys think this is a decent time to?

I'm more interested in Expanded if only because that's where the bulk of my cards are online.
as long as you have no problem with tag team gx cards, then sure, now would be a good time

I don't see supporter lock t1 nearly as awful as item lock and they let that slide for a long time. But they still find a way to allow exodia to exist. Guess I'll just have to t1 towering splash

Online? So we're talking PTCGO?

Should be fine; remember, grinding in the Theme Format is actually kind of fun now, with the newer Theme Decks. Which means even if you need to rebuild your tradding fodder, you can and in a few weeks have a decent Standard or Expanded deck. Well, if you have the time; longer if you have less time per week to invest.

The only issue I see with these bans is that nothing from Exodia was hit. A Delinquent hit would have helped curb that deck's power, being about the only deck that really uses that particular supporter, it would have done nothing to other deck's power levels while still leaving the opponent with at least a few cards to work with. That's just my thought, though, I'm sure it'll see a hit if it continues to top, TCPi seems to be decent at fixing purely degenerate decks. Seismitoad may be annoying, but it gives you a lot of turns to find a solution, and Pokemon Ranger exists.

@Nathan H Eh, not really sure Seismitoad-EX taking several turns is that much better, especially in a tournament environment. It gives you a chance... but a proper Toad-lock doesn't give you that much of a chance, ya know? I'm not a fan of "Hurry up and wait for me to win!" decks. If legit First Turn Win/First Turn Hard Lock decks are 100% degenerate, any deck where Seismitoad-EX is intended as more than an opening stall tactic (and sometimes, even then) are 70% degenerate at the lowest.

I freely admit that is my salty opinion, however. ;) Seems like it doesn't bother most folks, ya know?

@Otaku Oh, I never meant to imply it was a fun deck to use, go against, or watch, or that it was fair. Part of why I like Pokemon is that you can still do combo stuff, mostly without breaking the game with a few rare exceptions, without worry of it getting interrupted on your own turn. So, I'm no fan of Seismitoad, but its only saving grace is that it does take a long time to get all the prize cards, giving you a chance, unlike the Exodia deck that usually only needs 2 prizes to win, due to the opponent not having any other options.

Can we get a new article from ivanoff since the last one was so good they had to ban the card.

It is really wierd that nothing from the exodia combo got hit.
I think a nice fix would be to ban: Zoro, Delinquint and marshadow.
I dont play to much expanded but these bans might be an easy fix.

I'm thinking, as my personal preference, Delinquent is the one that gets the axe. It's the only card that doesn't see any play besides that deck, anything else brings the opponent down to 4 cards, leaving them with few options, but still some options. Delinquent is the card that pushes them down to 1, and eventually 0 with that other Red Card. Also, most decks have been phasing out Zoroark, as it establishes the loop too early for Zoro to be useful, instead opting for further lockdown with Seismitoad EX.

It does not really surprise me to see the banned card in our extended format as well. especially after the release of Wailord & Magikarp-GX, which makes the combo much easier to use.

Last edited:
Back