(Unconfirmed) No Championship Points For Battle Roads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't a state and regional win giving the same CP? If they take away the CP for BRs and they should raise the CP for regionals by 2 or 3. Regionals is by far a more competitive and large event compared to BRs obviously and I don't think its fair for Regional winners to get the same CP as State winners even though there is a better prize for Regs.

I agree with dmaster and glace. Bumping up the CP for bigger events si something Pokemon should do if they cut it from BRs. Testing is great and all, but getting a few CP at Fall BRs can keep me confident moving into Regionals and Cities. Cities is a one time thing. Cities are great because they are almost as much of them as BRs, and they get better CP. Cities can determine your ranking significantly, especially this year.

dmaster said:
I'd be fine with no CP for BR if it means that they will be allocated at the higher events like States/Regionals.

That would actually be stupendous.

dmaster out.

I totally agree here. Some of these bigger tournaments don't give enough credit to the people who place in them. In masters, Regionals can have up to 200 people or so and the winner (The best person) only gets 10 points. I know that many people will agree with this, these points should be raised.

The problem with raising points for Regionals is that you only get three opportunities to play in one over the course of a season; most people will play in two. So it overly rewards the players who can travel the most and are the luckiest on a particular day. You can go to 8+ Cities without having to stay overnight anywhere in most areas, so even if you have bad luck for a couple days or miss a couple, you can rack up a lot of points. They had a good balance between Cities and States/Regionals last year imo. But since Regionals are somewhat more difficult than States, I believe they could either lower States to be 9 points max and/or make Regionals 11-12 points.

This doesn't have much to do with Battle Roads I guess, but it's still on the topic of CP adjustments next season and it looks like the thread has already gone this direction anyway.

Oh, and virginia loses all of their good players and worlds competitors.

I think (along with everyone else) that they could up prize support for regs, but I would absolutely HATE it if they took CP away altogether from BRs. I think they should keep it at 1 point for second and 2 for first, as well as kickers for 3-4 if there are 16 players, 5-8 if there are 32 players, etc. I probably would only go to 2 BRs closest to me for the packs if they take away CP too. Also, if they take CP away from BRs, then the Worlds invite cutoff would have to be decently low (I'd say like 45 or so points) and/or the prize support for other events be a lot bigger. i really like being able to attend lots of Pokemon tournaments because they're fun, but if they take away CP there is no reason to drive 1-2 hours for BRs, and even though I might still want to go, it just wouldn't be worth a whole day basically. They BETTER not take CP from BRs.

grantm1999 said:
I think (along with everyone else) that they could up prize support for regs, but I would absolutely HATE it if they took CP away altogether from BRs. I think they should keep it at 1 point for second and 2 for first, as well as kickers for 3-4 if there are 16 players, 5-8 if there are 32 players, etc. I probably would only go to 2 BRs closest to me for the packs if they take away CP too. Also, if they take CP away from BRs, then the Worlds invite cutoff would have to be decently low (I'd say like 45 or so points) and/or the prize support for other events be a lot bigger. i really like being able to attend lots of Pokemon tournaments because they're fun, but if they take away CP there is no reason to drive 1-2 hours for BRs, and even though I might still want to go, it just wouldn't be worth a whole day basically. They BETTER not take CP from BRs.

CPs do bring people to events, but it really isn't worth it in my eyes to keep them in BRs. Brs should be used as testing for regs and nats. They should up the CP at cities and regs, and take it away from BRs.

grantm1999 said:
If you want to go to Battle Roads, go to Battle Roads. If you don't, then you don't have to. You personally wanting to be able to go to Battle Roads with a larger purpose than winning packs doesn't justify or negate the fact that many other people cannot afford to travel to Battle Roads or do not have the time to do so. I would most likely have qualified for Worlds if I had been able to go to every Battle Road in my state; I only went to 6 or so when I could have attended 14+ and qualified if I had gotten 5 more points out of them. Something like more than half the players who qualified for Worlds needed their BR points to do so. Having them matter provides an unfair advantage to those who attend.

I agree with Glace, BR will just be another league challenge or something along the lines. The main shop here is focused mainly on Magic and Yugioh. They are always having paid entry tournaments for the other card games, and they get random prizes and the top cut get packs or other prizes. If Pokemon does stop giving away CP for BR we will see a drop in tournament play. Also with the online PVP I can definetely see BR and other tournaments not being so valuable.

On the other hand it's not fair that you have some people that go to numerous different BR just to get a couple of CP, so in the end it all adds up. I think this is cheap and unfair to others.

I think that if Pokemon cut the BR CPs, but doesn't add to other events would just suck. This year there is no top 40. There is officially a cut off meaning no one gets bumped out. If you get a certain number of CPs you qualify for Worlds. I believe that CP points should remain because it rewards those dedicated players. Yes people have busy lives and Pokemon for some of them is not top priority, but if you plan to get enough CP I. Order to qualify for Worlds, you must attend the events and perform well at all of them. BRs without CP is just as fair, only if Pokemon adds to bigger events.

Fluttershy said:
I think that if Pokemon cut the BR CPs, but doesn't add to other events would just suck. This year there is no top 40. There is officially a cut off meaning no one gets bumped out. If you get a certain number of CPs you qualify for Worlds. I believe that CP points should remain because it rewards those dedicated players. Yes people have busy lives and Pokemon for some of them is not top priority, but if you plan to get enough CP I. Order to qualify for Worlds, you must attend the events and perform well at all of them. BRs without CP is just as fair, only if Pokemon adds to bigger events.

Id prefer them not at battle roads and added to bigger events so it looks like you accomplished something more challenging.

Celebi23 said:
If you want to go to Battle Roads, go to Battle Roads. If you don't, then you don't have to. You personally wanting to be able to go to Battle Roads with a larger purpose than winning packs doesn't justify or negate the fact that many other people cannot afford to travel to Battle Roads or do not have the time to do so. I would most likely have qualified for Worlds if I had been able to go to every Battle Road in my state; I only went to 6 or so when I could have attended 14+ and qualified if I had gotten 5 more points out of them. Something like more than half the players who qualified for Worlds needed their BR points to do so. Having them matter provides an unfair advantage to those who attend.

Your logic is skewed to your location it seems to me. You had the opportunity to go to 14+ battleroads? What about those of us who have to travel hours to make it to 8 (the minimum that can count) and those of us that cant reasonably make all three regional dates because the travel is just to far. If CP's are only available for cities states and regionals you just made it virtually impossible for anyone not from the east or west cost to qualify.

Sanokumo said:
Your logic is skewed to your location it seems to me. You had the opportunity to go to 14+ battleroads? What about those of us who have to travel hours to make it to 8 (the minimum that can count) and those of us that cant reasonably make all three regional dates because the travel is just to far. If CP's are only available for cities states and regionals you just made it virtually impossible for anyone not from the east or west cost to qualify.

The East Cost is incredibly easy to qualify...

Blaztoyz said:

That is one of the most stupid things ever. Even nearly EVERY Battle Road is actually tough. The entire '12-'13 season I didn't win a single Battle Road! And I'm not trying to brag here but I am not a bad player. Battle Roads are not easy, and I'm even in Seniors! Don't even get me started on Masters. Cities are a little bit harder than BRs, and States and regs have many good players. You can speak for the states you've played in, but not the entire East Coast.

Blaztoyz said:

Um, sir, you didn't qualify. So how can you say its easy?
It's not as there are many good players, Worlds or not. Battle roads are only getting harder because once players move up, the bigger the chances are that you will be going against good friends, or good players in general.

RogueChomp said:
Um, sir, you didn't qualify. So how can you say its easy?
It's not as there are many good players, Worlds or not. Battle roads are only getting harder because once players move up, the bigger the chances are that you will be going against good friends, or good players in general.

I came close...twice.. and that is true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back