(Unconfirmed) No Championship Points For Battle Roads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddy

Follow Me On Twitter @robby_weidemann
Hello, Toyz here, and I have heard a rumor that there will be no CP given out for top 2 at Battle Roads. The website does not confirm this, but the website also has not been updated for the 2012-2013 season. Leave your thoughts on this rumor, and if so, would you not go to BRs if there was no CP?

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
RE: No Championship Points For Battle Roads?

Well I read this and thought you had a source so you should edit [Unconfirmed] into the title.

Daddy

RE: No Championship Points For Battle Roads?

Glace said:
Well I read this and thought you had a source so you should edit [Unconfirmed] into the title.

Sorry there! I did!

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Im going to battle roads no matter what I dont understand why there taking CP's away for Battle Roads those are hard tournements to win to and those are like the only tourneys I go to

You must enter a nickname

Aspiring Trainer
I hope they're taking CPs away. Now that there is no top cut I feel like this would be the most logical choice. If they keep CP then BRs will be so incredibly competitive it's not even funny.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
If they do take CP away my BR total will drop from 6 to 1.

It can't help attendance.

Daddy

I would like CP to be dropped due to the fact that 1: i dont have to dedicate so much time to the invite, and 2: the cap off limit (if they do that instead of top 40, another rumor) will be low.

EmmetCHH22

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know if i will go or not. We will have to see. If this does happen battle roads will just be a tournament for testing for the bigger tournaments like reigionals nats etc.

RogueChomp

Team DBT
I'd LIKE to have CP, but if there is none, it would be really fun to test decks there and there wouldn't be a downfall other then ELO if you don't do well.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Glace said:
If they do take CP away my BR total will drop from 6 to 1.

It can't help attendance.
It's not supposed to help attendance. Battle Roads are defined as small, entry-level tournaments. Last season, they were anything but small entry-level tournaments.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
I would prefer it had Championship points so if you are short after Regionals, you can catch up without cutting at nats. I'm also ok if they do take away the points because it would be less competitive and decks could be tested.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
Yeah, but low attendance events means less people, and then the shop will stop having events because the shop doesn't profit and that means less events.

Daddy

In my opinion, it has more pros (for my situation at least), but it won't be surprising at all if they keep them

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Glace said:
Yeah, but low attendance events means less people, and then the shop will stop having events because the shop doesn't profit and that means less events.
Last season was the ONLY season competitive players actually went to BRs. It's the only season they've actually affected who gets the invite. The game was just fine before last season; I don't think having a few less competitive people at BRs will make it so card shops are no longer willing to host Pokémon tournaments. Anybody who thinks BR attendance should be mandatory for getting an invite is crazy; they more than double the number of events you need to go to to get one.

venasour x

Now I'm in college :)
Well if we still get prizes then I'm okay with it...

The problem is that I enjoy playing the game and if no CP is given then nobody will give me rides to BR which means I can't play the game... I don't really care though. As long as I can win stuff and test decks without being laughed at in a competative enviroment then it's all good.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I'd be fine with no CP for BR if it means that they will be allocated at the higher events like States/Regionals.

That would actually be stupendous.

dmaster out.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
I'd say that would be better for Cities, since BRs give you more chances, but Cities are a one time thing so it means if you mess up there, you're out.

Status
Not open for further replies.