'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

twied158

Aspiring Trainer
The artwork on greninja / zoroark is really cool! A little scared charizard / reshiram will destroy my hopes of playing decidueye for as long as I can.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure if I like the approach of how they make new cards have more text, basically 60% of card artwork is covered with text.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
For lucario and melmetal, would a dce fulfill the extra energy requirement for the additional effect? Or does it have to be a separate energy card?

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
I just now noticed that they changed the format with some of the card titles. That's kind of cool, and it's better than squeezing the titles beyond comprehension.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I want someone to make Beast Game GX work so badly.

Jungle Totem Venusaur, Lysandre, maybe some snipe...?

Edit: Omg so hear me out: Whimsicott GRI Wages of Fluff --> Beast Game with 7 additional energy = instantly taking 6 prizes on a single prize Pokemon :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

AntiYouJD

Mill Enthusiast
I had hope that we were getting Massive Eruption Typhlosion back in Standard for a second. Nope, all it is good for is its art.
But hey, at least the pack art is nice?

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Wow, the Tag Team art style is so wonderful, it really shines on that pack art, especially the Lucario & Melmetal! Not a fan of that Sceptile getting a promo... Ultra Beasts don't deserve this treatment! :D At least the Eevee promo is cute though.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Ahmmm. Look at them arts. They’re all pretty good (hem hem Reshizard ETB), but the Lucario & Melmetal packs looks like the pair is battling in a sea of cornflakes.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I'm not all that excited about the art this time around - Team Up's art was amazing in my opinion, and I bought a few ETBs to have plenty of the dice and sleeves - but my kids both are really into red and orange, so it's like TPC made a set just for them!

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
I actually like the dice colors. Also yay we're getting more team up energy cards. I mean it was pretty much a given but I'm still glad nevertheless

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still shocked they put all three of the tag team card sets into our one English set. I thought for sure they wait in double blaze as its own set in August or something. But I guess they really our trying to get the Japanese and English sets on the same release cycle and will have to wait and see when the new RPG games come out where they go in TCG universe.

CheEmmanuel

Aspiring Trainer
That buzzmosa will be insane! so many techs to pump it up and heal every turn, you got new shaymin and life Forrest prism star for healing, maybe even leafeon GX. Or you can pump the damage with lurantis sunny day ability, making the GX move a lot easier to KO a GX and grab the extra prizes. Also having a few lurantis on the bench makes jet punch even more deadly 50-110 (80-140 with choice band) plus 30 to bench for a single energy! Plus it’s and ultra beast so beast ring will be a must. Really exciting seeing Buzzwole not being weak to fighting to, very promising card

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
All of these pack arts (aside from the Charizard/Reshiram one, kinda meh) are gonna look sick on League Cup/Regional mats.