'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

du_megaman

Aspiring Trainer
Finally a Charizard (although teamed up lol) that doesn't discard fire energy! Turn 2 260 damage with choice band/kiawe! crazy!

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
All three sets of Double Blaze, Full Metal Wall and Night Unison have reprints of Trainer cards that the English set will likely skip. Full Metal Wall has 4 (Ultra Ball, Beast Ring, Metal Frying Pan, Acerola), Night Unison also has 4 (Electropower, Enhanced Hammer, Max Potion, Guzma), and Double Blaze has up to 8 (Escape Rope, Ultra Ball, Rare Candy, Pokemon Fan Club, Fiery Flint, Rescue Stretcher, Kiawe, Cynthia) although the latter four have new artwork so they could be reprinted.

With Unbroken Bonds advertising "over 25 Trainer cards," there's 26 Trainer cards left from these three sets without any of those 16 reprinted ones (and we could get between 0 and 3 of the four reprints with new art from Double Blaze and still fit the description).
Oh yeah, thanks for pointing that out, I completely forgot about those. That still leaves 8 more cards being omitted though. I wonder if they will be turned into promos somehow or crammed into our August set, which will already probably have even more cards than LT and UB.

RealArity

Cold Weather-seeker
That stacked name is a headache for image-based card fakers, although I guess the folks at TPCi must have tinkered enough with the name text to figure out how illegibly thin the letters would have been putting them in a straight line.

Toxicolofett00

Aspiring Trainer
Greninja & Zoroark with incineroar gx from team up looks scary. Also Lucario & Melmetal maybe a one of in melmetal gx deck for that gx attack. Then play halla to get 7 cards get that gx attack as soon as you can these tag teams all look very competetive

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Greninja & Zoroark with incineroar gx from team up looks scary. Also Lucario & Melmetal maybe a one of in melmetal gx deck for that gx attack. Then play halla to get 7 cards get that gx attack as soon as you can these tag teams all look very competetive
And just think about zoroninja in expanded! Dark patch! Darkrai ex!

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
I predict the top tier decks from this set will be Charizard and Reshiram, Greninja Zoroark, Gardy, and Buzzmosa

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
I still think someone's gonna break this card for it's GX attack. It seems pretty theoretical, but just using it's GX attack, next turn Acerola it back to hand, discard it to never play it again, and play down a bunch of prize one metal attackers under Shrine of Punishment (I don't think there's too many though, I just know the promo Dusk Mane Necrozma is gonna be one of them), add ways to find consistency to the deck (probably TEU Jirachi) and this deck might be super good. Zapdos/Jirachi will probably struggle to find answers to get proper KOs, you could easily prize-trade with PikaRom, Shrines will be really good against Zoroark decks, the works.

Or you could do what Japan did and just make a stall deck out of it. :p

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Beast Game is back, everyone! :D Who’s ready for an INSTANT META SHATTER (♢♢♢♢<(4.5 Prism Stars))
For some reason, I REALLY want to play Reshizard. (♢♢♢♢<)
Heh, Muk Memes is here! Nice to see. (♢♢♢<)
Marchamp is likely the worst one here. Sad. (♢♢)
Greninjark/Incineroar is most likely going to be GAMEBREAKING. Within 3(?) turns you’re doing 270! 300 with a Band, and with all the Scar Charging you’re going to be doing, Wailkarp won’t be able to keep up. Oh, plus Darkrai <>. (♢♢♢♢♢)
Lucarital... is the GX worth
- A: your GX attack (answer is yes)
- B: your attack for the turn (answer is yes only on first turn going second) (♢♢♢♢)
Gardeon powers up good Fairies, like Gardevoir, and... uh... nothing else? Whatever. For the one trick pony it is, it does that trick very well. (♢♢♢)

Overall, I’m pleased and can’t wait for this set to come out in just under a month!

Spring Sun Warrior

Aspiring Trainer
looking forward to gardyXsylveon but over all i dislike the style of these cards. the yellow is ugly and covers too much of the card, that small name font, although necessary, looks awful. i havent hated a base design yet but these tag teams are just over stuffed with unnecessary brackets and etc.

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Here is to hoping that Greninja zoroark will make Darkrai gx playable, and boost the value of my 6 rainbow rares :p

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Sylveon Gardevoir appears underwhelming upon first impression but is remarkably good when put into practice. Pretty much it is a basic Metagross GX, with a super oppressive GX attack and if I were to rank this set of tag team it would probably second and no worse than 3rd.

Audiofreak19

Aspiring Trainer
With zoroninja, can you discard 2 incineroar gx’s and then use zoroninja’s gx attach to bring the stage two into the bench?

Wechselbalg

brb
The secondary effect of Slyvevoir's GX attack is going to be very annoying, really not looking forward to this card.

Reshizard is dumb af but because of Kiawe it's going to see play and probably success as well.

Zoroninja is probably the most balanced out of these - it has a cheap attack cost and the way its attack functions allows you to spread your energies around the board so you don't have to commit everything to a 3-prize attacker - but fighting weakness really hurts it as it has no built in "I win button" like Pikarom or Sylvevoir.

Melmetal&Lucario is about as dumb as Reshizard, just the other way around.

Marchamp is a nice tech for decks with rainbow energy+counter gain or just for Expanded fighting decks.

The art on Buzzmosa is my absolute favourite out of all the tag team GX cards released so far and I'd love to own a poster-size version of just the illustration alone. Not sure if it's going to be that good anymore because of fire.

The Muks are lolpoison meme.

Ribbit899

Aspiring Trainer
Wait a minute the set goes up to 214 meaning that the base set is as big as lost thunder. This means depending on how many Secret rates are in the set, Unbroken Bonds might be a bigger set than lost thunder.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
And just think about zoroninja in expanded! Dark patch! Darkrai ex!
However, i think it may be a little too overrated currently. There are(right now) many bad matchups for a deck made around this card. The set up would have to be preferably early-game. There would have to be at least 2 Dark Patches and at least 1 Battle Compressor in the starting hand and the desired Pokemon in the active position and bench area. I do see some playability though. It would work if the deck is consistent enough. However, there is some if not a lot of dark support in expanded. Which would be: Dark patch, both Darkrai EXs, and brutal bash Zoroark. But that's just my opinion. The illustration is really awesome though.