'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 9, 2019.

1. SquirtleRules Aspiring Trainer
    SquirtleRules

Advanced Member Member

This is what power creep looks like.

ShaQuL and Wechselbalg like this.

2. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

The secondary effect of Slyvevoir's GX attack is going to be very annoying, really not looking forward to this card.

Reshizard is dumb af but because of Kiawe it's going to see play and probably success as well.

Zoroninja is probably the most balanced out of these - it has a cheap attack cost and the way its attack functions allows you to spread your energies around the board so you don't have to commit everything to a 3-prize attacker - but fighting weakness really hurts it as it has no built in "I win button" like Pikarom or Sylvevoir.

Melmetal&Lucario is about as dumb as Reshizard, just the other way around.

Marchamp is a nice tech for decks with rainbow energy+counter gain or just for Expanded fighting decks.

The art on Buzzmosa is my absolute favourite out of all the tag team GX cards released so far and I'd love to own a poster-size version of just the illustration alone. Not sure if it's going to be that good anymore because of fire.

The Muks are lolpoison meme.

3. Ribbit899 Aspiring Trainer
    Ribbit899

Wait a minute the set goes up to 214 meaning that the base set is as big as lost thunder. This means depending on how many Secret rates are in the set, Unbroken Bonds might be a bigger set than lost thunder.

4. KazamEsper Aspiring Trainer
    KazamEsper

However, i think it may be a little too overrated currently. There are(right now) many bad matchups for a deck made around this card. The set up would have to be preferably early-game. There would have to be at least 2 Dark Patches and at least 1 Battle Compressor in the starting hand and the desired Pokemon in the active position and bench area. I do see some playability though. It would work if the deck is consistent enough. However, there is some if not a lot of dark support in expanded. Which would be: Dark patch, both Darkrai EXs, and brutal bash Zoroark. But that's just my opinion. The illustration is really awesome though.

Wechselbalg likes this.
  5. twied158 Aspiring Trainer
    twied158

The artwork on greninja / zoroark is really cool! A little scared charizard / reshiram will destroy my hopes of playing decidueye for as long as I can.

6. The Almighty Bidoof Aspiring Trainer
    The Almighty Bidoof

And Baby Blace murders them all

CynderDarkov and TheAquaPiplup like this.
  7. CynderDarkov Aspiring Trainer
    CynderDarkov

Advanced Member Member

I honestly hope so.

Wechselbalg likes this.
  8. Winkachu Aspiring Trainer
    Winkachu

Not sure if I like the approach of how they make new cards have more text, basically 60% of card artwork is covered with text.

9. Sharkrai Aspiring Trainer
    Sharkrai

For lucario and melmetal, would a dce fulfill the extra energy requirement for the additional effect? Or does it have to be a separate energy card?

10. KeoKeo Aspiring Trainer
    KeoKeo

Metal Mons be like: How 'bout I just not take damage at all

Fafnirchaos likes this.
  11. ScrawnyMeowth1 The Maker of Pokemon Lists
    ScrawnyMeowth1

I just now noticed that they changed the format with some of the card titles. That's kind of cool, and it's better than squeezing the titles beyond comprehension.

12. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

I want someone to make Beast Game GX work so badly.

Jungle Totem Venusaur, Lysandre, maybe some snipe...?

Edit: Omg so hear me out: Whimsicott GRI Wages of Fluff --> Beast Game with 7 additional energy = instantly taking 6 prizes on a single prize Pokemon :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  13. ShinyJordeon Aspiring Trainer
    ShinyJordeon

Did you already seen the special full art version of zoroark/greninja?

14. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

15. AntiYouJD Mill Enthusiast
    AntiYouJD

I had hope that we were getting Massive Eruption Typhlosion back in Standard for a second. Nope, all it is good for is its art.
    But hey, at least the pack art is nice?

16. Seng vang Svang20
    Seng vang

That sceptile art work look really good

Holden Sheeks likes this.
  17. ShaQuL That's what I do, I clown on you.
    ShaQuL

Wow, the Tag Team art style is so wonderful, it really shines on that pack art, especially the Lucario & Melmetal! Not a fan of that Sceptile getting a promo... Ultra Beasts don't deserve this treatment! :D At least the Eevee promo is cute though.

18. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Ahmmm. Look at them arts. They’re all pretty good (hem hem Reshizard ETB), but the Lucario & Melmetal packs looks like the pair is battling in a sea of cornflakes.

19. Pokefam 140/400
    Pokefam

Advanced Member Member

BORING, more Charizard!

ICEdaddy likes this.
  20. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

I'm not all that excited about the art this time around - Team Up's art was amazing in my opinion, and I bought a few ETBs to have plenty of the dice and sleeves - but my kids both are really into red and orange, so it's like TPC made a set just for them!

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?