UNBELIEVABLE FACTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
- There is no Paralyz, Paralyse, or Paralyze Heal. It is simply Parlyz Heal
- The only Pokémon that have actually had their typing changed between generations are Magnemite and Magneton, who went from pure Electric to Electric/Steel when G/S/C came out, and Rotom's forms, which went from the normal Rotom's Electric/Ghost to the type corresponding to their special move. Magnemite is plausible, seeing as it was only introducing a new type that didn't exist before. Rotom is simply new forms
- Pseudo Legendaries (pokemon that have high stats, but are not legendary. eg. Tyranitar, Dragonite, Metagross etc.) have higher base stat toals than those of members of Legendary Trios (Kanto Bird Trio, Legendary Beast Trio, etc.)
- In Pokemon Colosseum, the shadows of Jumpluff's Cotton Balls are square shaped
- Azurill may change gender when they evolve. This is due to the fact that Azurill has a 75% chance of being female, while Marill and Azumarill have 50% chance of being female
- In generations 2-4, now new Pokemon were introduced that evolved through the Thunder Stone and Fire Stone. In fact, up to Gen. 4, only 2 Pokemon evolved with Thunder Stone; Eevee to Jolteon, and Pikachu to Raichu
- Normal has the least amount of type combinations, totaling at 5. (Normal/Water, Normal/Psychic, Normal/Flying, Normal/Fighting, Normal/Grass). From Gen 1-4, there was no pure flying type pokemon. Most of them were combined with Normal
- Ground and Fighting are tied at being super effective against other types

Fighting beats: Normal, Rock, Steel, Ice, Dark
Ground beats: Electric, Steel, Rock, Fire, Poison

- There are only two combinations of types that share the same effect against each other. Fighting and Bug both resist each other, while Normal and Ghost are both immune to each other
- Mr. Mime has Mister in its name, but can be female. (Maybe pokemon should make a female evolution for Mime Jr...)
- All pokemon that can learn TM's can learn Toxic and Capella
- Doduo and Dodrio can learn Fly, despite the fact that they cannot fly
- Some of Slowbro's Pokedex entries state that if you remove the Shellder from its tail, it reverts to being a Slowpoke. (It devolves)
- Corsola and Relicanth are the only Water/Rock Pokemon that did not originate from fossils
- Spinarak was created in a children's Pokemon design activity in the American Trading Card Game League
- Despite Psyduck's PokeDex entries talking about its headaches and psychic powers, it's not a Psychic type (neither is Golduck)
- None of Cascoon's in-game sprites show both its eyes, despite the fact that we know it has two eyes
- Yanma, Yanmega and Yamask are the only Pokemon whose name starts with 'Y'
- Grass and Rock have the most Weaknesses (5 each) but a Grass/ Rock type (Cradily) is only weak to Ice, Poison and Steel
- Despite being known as the clone of Mew (implyign that Mew came first) Mewtwo is listed before Mew in the pokedex
- Electabuzz spelt backward contains 'zubat'
- Arceus' poekdex entry states that it 'shaped the universe with 1,000 arms', yet it cannot learn any mvoes related to punching and does not visibly show any arms, or use any arms when attacking
- Machamp's pokedex entry states that it can throw '1,000 punches in a second' yet it is in the bottom 50% of speed
- Abomasnow and Snover have the most amount of weaknesses, with 7 types

(Most of these were taken from here: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/50471630.html)

ramsey1993 said:
Gyarados has NEVER been pictured with it's mouth closed
130a.png

In the movie "Casablanca," Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam."
Only 55% of all Americans know that the sun is a star.

Le Gasp! (Oh no you didn't)
Take This!

-Arcanine's species name is the "Legendary Pokemon" despite the fact that it's not actually a legendary in any way.
- Wobbuffet is the only fully evolved Pokemon that can't learn any TMs
- FR/LG has an anti-cheat feature where hacking in Mew would cause it to not listen. This is not in any of the DS games, however. To elaborate, Mew ignores every order you give it, regardless of what badges you earned. Also, the same thing happens with a hacked Deoxys.
- Some beta versions of Red and Blue list Machamp's original name as "Ju-Doh"
- Salamence is actually lighter than its pre-evolution Shelgon, weighing 226.2 lbs compared to Shelgon's 243.6 lbs
- An unused ability, Cacophony, is inside the code of R/S. It's identical to Soundproof (allows a Pokemon to avoid sound attacks)
- In Diamond/Pearl, Rain can appear on Route 213, but only if your DS clock is set to July 11, December 2, or December 31
-In Diamond/Pearl, the snow in Snowpoint will change to sparkling snow if your DS clock is set to January 12th
- FR/LG contain the Mach and Acro Bike in the game data. If you hack either into your bag, they work like the normal bike.
- Drapion is the only Pokemon owned by Aaron of Sinnoh's Elite Four that is not Bug-type (the type he specializes in)
- Charizard is the only Pokemon in the Super Smash Bros games that transitioned from a Poke Ball Pokemon to a playable character
- Illumise and Volbeat can be found all day in Diamond and Pearl, unlike real fireflies who are nocturnal

BrOkenICE said:
Le Gasp! (Oh no you didn't)
Take This!

-Arcanine's species name is the "Legendary Pokemon" despite the fact that it's not actually a legendary in any way.
- Wobbuffet is the only fully evolved Pokemon that can't learn any TMs
- FR/LG has an anti-cheat feature where hacking in Mew would cause it to not listen. This is not in any of the DS games, however. To elaborate, Mew ignores every order you give it, regardless of what badges you earned. Also, the same thing happens with a hacked Deoxys.
- Some beta versions of Red and Blue list Machamp's original name as "Ju-Doh"
- Salamence is actually lighter than its pre-evolution Shelgon, weighing 226.2 lbs compared to Shelgon's 243.6 lbs
- An unused ability, Cacophony, is inside the code of R/S. It's identical to Soundproof (allows a Pokemon to avoid sound attacks)
- In Diamond/Pearl, Rain can appear on Route 213, but only if your DS clock is set to July 11, December 2, or December 31
-In Diamond/Pearl, the snow in Snowpoint will change to sparkling snow if your DS clock is set to January 12th
- FR/LG contain the Mach and Acro Bike in the game data. If you hack either into your bag, they work like the normal bike.
- Drapion is the only Pokemon owned by Aaron of Sinnoh's Elite Four that is not Bug-type (the type he specializes in)
- Charizard is the only Pokemon in the Super Smash Bros games that transitioned from a Poke Ball Pokemon to a playable character
- Illumise and Volbeat can be found all day in Diamond and Pearl, unlike real fireflies who are nocturnal
That looks like a copy/paste of one of the earlier posts

Le Gasp! You Got Me!
Did you read it? Note how you say "It looks like" instead of "it is".
I don't read post that don't interest me. I got this from a website.
So if something is copied then they probably used the same website. Now shu shu. My stories are on.

lol i have all of those in my like page long posts from earlier lol, but i still read it all cuz its fun!!!

Chariblaze said:
Why doesn't it count? It was pictured. How about this?:

GyaradosMouthClosed.jpg

i meant the sprites( if i spelled that right)

Aww. Me and my jerk self. :( Apology offered.
Apology accepted! (I love saying sorry to myself)
Now:

- Blue/Red’s only trainers you could rematch were the Elite 4 and the Champion
- There is no attack that increases a Pokemon's accuracy (not counting Acupressure; it raises a random stat)
- In R/S, May/Brendan would never battle you with a fully evolved starter

Do you have those?

-Kadabra is the only Pokemon without a DP-on legal card because of an infamous Uri Geller lawsuit, over Kadabra's Japanese name (Yungeller)

-When Giratina is first battled in Platinum, it does not have a shadow. After capture though, it gains one when leaving a Poké Ball.

-You can breed Magikarp and Dragonite.

-You can breed a Caterpie with a Flygon.

theres some fresh ones for you.

and dont quit!

You can also breed Wailord with Skitty and Diglett :D

Dark Raichu was the VERY FIRST Secret Rare ever in the TCG. It was numbered 86/85 in the original Team Rocket set. It is also the first card to be released outside of Japan. Japan got it roughly a month and a half after it was released in English.

EDIT: @BrOkenICE:
BrOkenICE said:
There is no attack that increases a Pokemon's accuracy (not counting Acupressure; it raises a random stat)
umad?

Hatman said:
You can also breed Wailord with Skitty and Diglett :D

EDIT: @BrOkenICE:
BrOkenICE said:
There is no attack that increases a Pokemon's accuracy (not counting Acupressure; it raises a random stat)
umad?

Hone Claws. (and Coil)
Stupid un-updated facts.
Just another reason to quit.

BrOkenICE said:
- There is no attack that increases a Pokemon's accuracy (not counting Acupressure; it raises a random stat)
Sorry brotha, but Hone Claws and Coil say "wassup." ninja'd
Also, @ramsey I still don't get why the sprite doesn't count ._.
Machamp had horns instead of ridges on it's head in R/B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back