Finished Twelve Days of YPPY Introduction and Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
tumblr_ngi10rUGS41tl3xcao1_1280.png

Welcome to the Twelve Days of YPPY! This is an event based on the well-known song that will be running from the 13th of December to the 24th of December, spanning twelve days. Each of the twelve days has its own YPPY game, which will begin and end on that day. Once a day is over that game will be merged into this thread, which will eventually become an archive for all the games that were played during the twelve days. (Therefore for the duration of the event there will be a maximum of 2 threads in use for the Twelve Days of YPPY.) When a thread has been archived the first post of the game will be linked to here with the original post underneath it, to enable people to choose which games they want to look back on.

We have a wide range of games planned, from old favourites to one or two entirely new games. The roster of games will be kept secret until each one is launched, so be sure to check back each day to see what's in store!

This thread will be locked to ensure that the games stay in the correct order. The Twelve Days of YPPY can be discussed in Forum Games Resources & General Discussion.

Day One: The Ban Game - Start, End
On the first day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
The Ban Game in a Lum Tree

Welcome to the first game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here.

In this game you ban the above poster by giving a reason - it's as simple as it sounds. This game (as do all other games in the Twelve days of YPPY (obviously ;p)) uses the YPPY rule (You-Person-Person-You), meaning that you have to wait for two people to post before you can post again.

Some examples:

Ice Espeon said:
Banned because I want it to snow for Christmas...
BigfootAUS said:
Banned because in Australia it's summer time so no snow here ._.
Drohn said:
Banned because all I want for Christmas is a Fairy Tail box set.

Begin!
Day Two: Bad Holiday Jokes - Start, End
On the second day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Two Tirtouga Bad Holiday Jokes Pidove(s)
and The Ban Game in a Lum Tree

Welcome to the second game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here.This is a new game created specially for the Twelve Days of YPPY, so we hope you enjoy it!

In this game you can post some of the terrible holiday related puns or jokes that you have come across, in an effort to share the pain of these awful jokes with more victims. This game (as do all other games in the Twelve days of YPPY (obviously ;p)) uses the YPPY rule (You-Person-Person-You), meaning that you have to wait for two people to post before you can post again.

Some examples:

What happens when you drop a snowball into a glass of water?
It gets wet!
(Yes, I've genuinely come across this.)

Who hides in the bakery at Christmas?

A mince spy!

Begin!
Day Three: Take or Pass - Start, End
On the third day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Three Kalos Take Or Pass Combuskens
and The Ban Game in a Lum Tree​

Welcome to the third game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. This is another new game created specifically for the Twelve Days of YPPY, and we're sure you'll enjoy it!

In this game, you get to offer presents to others! When you post, you say the item you want to give, and then the next person has to say whether they take or pass that item as well as offer their own item up for the next person. For example:

Ice Espeon said:
Oooh, take! I've been wanting a book of good jokes for ages!
My gift is a half-eaten sandwich
Take or pass?
Machamp The Champion said:
Pass!
My gift is two extra arms
Take or pass?

As with all other Twelve Days of YPPY games, the YPPY rule applies to this game. You must wait for two other people to post after your previous post before you may post again.

Let the present-sharing begin!
My gift is that one amiibo you've always wanted but could never find in the store.
Take or pass?
Day Four: Crush A Christmas Wish - Start, End
On the fourth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Four Calling Crush a Christmas Wish Pidgeys

Welcome to the fourth game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. This time, we're playing one of the all-time classic YPPY games. It's sure to be a merry time for all!

In this game, each time you post, you get to wish for something related to this time of year! Then the next person to post will grant your wish, but give it an unfortunate twist. (Aww. :() After crushing a wish, you must then make your own wish for the next person to crush. Isn't this game just a bag full of joy?

Example:

Person A said:
I wish for a 10-foot tall candy cane.
Person B said:
Granted, but it falls onto your head and crushes you.

I wish I could see the real Santa Claus.

As with all other Twelve Days of YPPY games, the YPPY rule applies to this game. You must wait for two other people to post after your previous post before you may post again.

I wish for this thread to have 200 wishes before the next Xmas YPPY game.
Day Five: Delibird's Delivery Calculations - Start, End
On the fifth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
FIVE GOLDEEN NUMBERS
Four Calling Crush a Wish Pidgeys

Welcome to the fifth game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Today, we have a recent favourite of the members, created by [member]Teal[/member].

In this game, you have to help Delibird calculate how long it will take to get to each house on Christmas Eve. At the end of your post, you will give the next poster 5 random numbers from 0-9. At the beginning of your post, you will use the 5 numbers the above member gave you, any amount of + - / * ^ ( ), and one = to make an equation. (Plus, minus, division, multiplication, exponent, parentheses.)

Example:
2 + 4 + 7 = 8 + 5

To start the game, try this:
Day Six: Naughty or Nice List - Start, End
On the sixth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Six Zangoose Naughty/Nice a-Listing,
FIVE GOLDEEN NUMBERS,
Four Calling Crush a Wish Pidgeys,
Three Kalos Take Or Pass Combuskens,
Two Tirtouga Bad Holiday Jokes Pidove(s),
and The Ban Game in a Lum Tree.​

Welcome to the sixth game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Today, we have another new game! This one should be nice... or naughty. Not entirely sure yet.

In this game, you need to help Santa finish his naughty or nice list. To do this, post if you think the member above you is naughty or nice, then give a reason why. It's that simple!

Ice Espeon (the above member is Drohn) said:
Nice. There is no way any one who watches Fairy Tail would ever end up on the naughty list so Drohn has to go in as nice.

Day Seven: Rate The Above Holiday Song - Start, End
On the seventh day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Seven Swannas Holiday Songs a-swimming,
FIVE GOLDEEN NUMBERS,

Welcome to the seventh game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Today, we're bringing back an old concept, but making it a little more festive!

When you make a post in this game, you must include a Youtube video of a song related to Christmas (or anything else that happens this time of year) at the bottom of your post. At the top of your post, you must rate the song the above member posted from 1 to 10 and explain your reasoning.

Example:
Drohn (the above song is the one in the OP) said:
2/10. The lyrics are repetitive and kind of dumb.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VInCKglcdcM[/video]

Code:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VInCKglcdcM[/video]

I'll start us off with one of the "greats."
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEyQZJpHxnc[/video]
Day Eight: Finish The Above Poster's- Gingerbread Cookies - Start, End
On the eighth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Eight Miltanks Finishing a-milking,
FIVE GOLDEEN NUMBERS,

Welcome to the eighth game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Today, we've got one of our recent YPPY hits! Thanks goes to [member]Keeper of Night[/member] for creating the original.

When you post in this game, you must finish the sentence the above member started, then start your own sentence at the end of your post. And remember: try to give all your sentences a holiday feeling!

Examples:
Ice Espeon said:
the best Christmas ever.

Why isn't there a-
BigfootAUS said:
way to get everyone exactly what they want for Christmas?

Remember not to-
Drohn said:
go shopping on Black Friday. Trust me. You're not gonna have a fun time.

I think I'll get a-

To start us off...
All I want for Christmas is-
Day Nine: Rename the Above Member - Start, End
On the ninth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Nine Meloettas Rename Dancing
FIVE GOLDEEN NUMBERS,

Welcome to the ninth game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Today's game may need a better name...

When you post in this game, you must give the above member a new username. The new username should relate to the above member in some way, and should try to incorporate something related to the holidays.

Example:
Ice Espeon (the above member is me) said:
Creator of OPs

Day Ten: A Christmas Story - Start, End
On the tenth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Ten Lord Helixes Christmas Story a-leaping
FIVE GOLDEEN NUMBERS,

Welcome to the tenth game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Today's game has nothing to do with the movie, but should be just as beloved!

When you post in this game, you must continue the story, starting exactly where the post above yours ended. Your post should have anywhere from 10 to 30 words in it.

Examples:
Drohn said:
There was once an ugly barnacle. The ugly barnacle was so ugly that everyone died.
Machamp The Champion said:
After everyone died, the ugly barnacle was all alone in this world. It missed all its friends, its family.

To start I give you:

'Twas three days before Christmas, and all through the forums...
Day Eleven: Holiday Pokédex - Start, End
On the eleventh day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Eleven Piplups Pokedex Piping
Ten Lord Helixes Christmas Story a-leaping
FIVE GOLDEEN NUMBERS,

Welcome to the eleventh game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. You're gonna need some creativity for today's game! Credit goes to [member]Reggie McGigas[/member] for the most recent incarnation of this game.

In this game, we're planning to make a Pokedex with a holiday theme, and we need your help! When you post, give the name of a Pokemon (that someone else hasn't already done) and make a fake Pokedex entry for it. Your Pokedex entry should have anywhere from 10 to 30 words, and should in some way be related to the holidays.

Here's my entry:
Machamp
Having four arms, they are very good for carrying those large presents you buy from the store. Some retailers have started using Machamps over shopping carts.
Day Twelve: Count to Xmas - Start, End
On the twelfth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Twelve Grimers Count to X drumming,
Eleven Piplups Pokedex Piping,
Ten Lord Helixes Christmas Story a-leaping,
Nine Meloettas Rename Dancing,
FIVE GOLDEEN NUMBERS,

Welcome to the final game of the Twelve Days of YPPY! You can find more details about it here. Today, we're counting down to the Xmas itself!

In this game, there are two teams: Members and Moderators. Both teams have are trying to count down to Christmas first. To do this, both teams count up by posting one after another. (Each post counts as 1 day of December.) However, if someone from the other team posts then the counter is reset and the team that reset the counter may begin trying to count down to Christmas themselves. After 1 team has reached Christmas, they can keep counting anyway, because why not!?

Let's finish this thing off with a bang!

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
Twelve Days of YPPY | Day One | The Ban Game

On the first day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
The Ban Game in a Lum Tree

Welcome to the first game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here.

In this game you ban the above poster by giving a reason - it's as simple as it sounds. This game (as do all other games in the Twelve days of YPPY (obviously ;p)) uses the YPPY rule (You-Person-Person-You), meaning that you have to wait for two people to post before you can post again.

Some examples:

Ice Espeon said:
Banned because I want it to snow for Christmas...
BigfootAUS said:
Banned because in Australia it's summer time so no snow here ._.
Drohn said:
Banned because all I want for Christmas is a Fairy Tail box set.

Begin!

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
RE: Twelve Days of YPPY | Day One | The Ban Game

Banned for starting out this fantastic holiday theme with a wacky game like this. :v

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker

Banned because your Avatar is a GIF

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure

Banned for participating in these dreaded YPPY games...

Wait...

GadgetJax

Banned for not letting me put that Staryu on top of your Christmas Torterra!

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod

Banned for trying to kidnap a Pokémon to place it on top of a kidnapped Pokémon.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

Banned for making everyone lose The Game so close to Xmas.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod

Banned for making a joke too vague.

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

I just want to throw it out there that the twelve days of Christmas run from 12/25 to 1/5. As they were the days that the three Kings traveled to greet baby Jesus.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod

Banned for having abs. Everyone complains about them.

GadgetJax

Jeremy1026 said:
I just want to throw it out there that the twelve days of Christmas run from 12/25 to 1/5. As they were the days that the three Kings traveled to greet baby Jesus.

Banned because we only thought of this right now. I do heavily respect you for trying to stay true to the Christian Spirit of Christmas, but this is just a game. Don't look at the details to easily. Also, you are required by law to praise Drohn's body and talk about Jovimohnaeliackvid.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod

Banned for being brave enough to talk about Jovimohnaeliackvid.

GadgetJax

Banned for making that little Goomy sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.