Finished Twelve Days of YPPY! Introduction and Archive [2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
tumblr_ngi10rUGS41tl3xcao1_1280.png

Welcome to the Twelve Days of YPPY! This is an event based on the well-known song that will be running from the 13th of December to the 24th of December, spanning twelve days. Each of the twelve days has its own YPPY game, which will begin and end on that day. Once a day is over that game will be merged into this thread, which will eventually become an archive for all the games that were played during the twelve days. (Therefore for the duration of the event there will be a maximum of 2 threads in use for the Twelve Days of YPPY.) When a thread has been archived the first post of the game will be linked to here with the original post underneath it, to enable people to choose which games they want to look back on.

We have a wide range of games planned, from old favorites to one or two entirely new games. The roster of games will be kept secret until each one is launched, so be sure to check back each day to see what's in store!

This thread will be locked to ensure that the games stay in the correct order. The Twelve Days of YPPY can be discussed in Forum Games Resources & General Discussion.

Day One: Bad Jokes - Start, End
On the twelfth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Bad jokes in a Lum Tree

Welcome to the first game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Next we have a traditional game of this project, Bad Holiday Jokes!

This game, as with all other games in the Twelve Days of YPPY, uses the YPPY rule, meaning that you have to wait for two people to post before you can post again.

In this game you can post some of the terrible holiday related puns and jokes that you have come across in an effort to share the pain of these awful jokes with more victims, or get your creative juices flowing and create more suffering by introducing new jokes to the world!

Some examples from the last thread:

What is the fear of getting stuck in a chimney?
Santa Claus-trophobia
What do you get if you cross an Abomasnowman with a Sharpedo?
Frost Bite!
This one's really bad. Like REALLY bad.
What did an elf tell Santa when he was leaving the Pole?
Don't forget to Claus the door.
So to start:

What do you call a Mall Santa that’s been hit in the groin?
A Ball Santa!
Day Two: Santa's Shopping List - Start, End
Two Listing Pidoves
and Bad Jokes in a Lum Tree

Welcome to the second game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Next we have a spin-off of Would You Rather, Santa’s Shopping List!

This game, as with all other games in the Twelve Days of YPPY, uses the YPPY rule, meaning that you have to wait for two people to post before you can post again.

In this game players ask a simple Would You Rather question, such as “Would you rather eat eggs or mushroom?”. The next player to post chooses one of these options and gives a reason why. Their choice will go on Santa’s Shopping List, which we be listed at the end of the game.

Some Would You Rather examples:
Would you rather circular glasses or triangular glasses?
Circular, cos I'm a wizard Harry!
Would you rather live in a house made entirely of LEGO or a house made of Glass?
House made of LEGO because it's got more privacy.

Would you rather have a new pair of socks or a new hat?
Day Three: The Holiday PokeDex - Start, End
On the third day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Three Pokedexs
Two Listing Pidoves

Welcome to the third installment of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Next we have a traditional game, Holiday PokéDex!

In this game we’re going to make a PokéDex with a holiday theme! When you post, give the name of a Pokémon (that someone else hasn’t already done) and make a fake PokéDex entry for it. Your PokéDex entry should have anywhere from 10 to 30 words and should in some way be related to the holiday season.

Some past examples (these Pokémon can be redone this year):
Gyarados:

Gyarados will completely freak out if the song "Jingle Bells" is played. Sometimes its dancing gets so intense that it destroys buildings and people think it is going on a rampage.
Espeon

Unlike it's implied name, it is believed to have Ice-based properties. (I think a certain moderator knows where I'm going with this cough cough)
Xerneas

In olden times people would gather around Xerneas' glowing antlers to exchange gifts and fortune. It is believed this is how Christmas began.
To start off, I’ll steal @Celever ’s favourite bird - Swablu!

Swablu:
swablu_by_kiiroyasuna-d8vi8b0.png
Swablu love to play with each other in the park when it’s snowy outside. Sometimes they peck the hands of children mistaking them for snowballs in the frenzy of a fight!
Day Four: Rename the Above Member - Start, End
On the fourth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Four Honedge Renaming
Three Pokedexs
Two Listing Pidoves

Welcome to the fourth installment of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Next we have a traditional game, Rename the Above Member!

When you post in this game, you must give the above member a new username. The new username should relate to the above member in some way, and should try to incorporate something related to the holidays.

Example:
Brave Vesperia (the above member is me) said:
said:
OP Maker 5000
Day Five: The Ban Game - Start, End
On the fifth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
FIVE GOLDEEN BANS
Four Honedge Renaming
Three Pokedexs
Two Listing Pidoves

Welcome to the fifth game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Next we have an old favorite, The Ban Game!

In this game you ban the above poster by giving a reason -- it's as simple as it sounds!

Some past examples:
Banned for participating in these dreaded YPPY games...
Wait...
Banned for having abs. Everyone complains about them.
Banned for Jovimohnaeliackvid.
So to start, the below poster gets to ban me! D: Pleaaaase no VOMNOMNOMNOM jokes… you can't ban me for that :X[/quote]
Day Six: The Ban Appeal Game - Start, Finish
On the sixth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Six Skrelp Appealing
FIVE GOLDEEN BANS
Four Left/Right Starly
Three Pokedexs
Two Listing Pidoves

Welcome to the sixth game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. We've just had the ban game so, of course, we need to appeal.

In this game you must make an appeal to Santa Claus as to why you should be unbanned. You also will get to decline the above player's appeal.

A past example:
Brave Vesperia said:
Santa. I promise not to ban any more members even though it's my job as a Mod to ban members that were out of line. Banning isn't an easy job but it's what I did best. I am sorry for banning those that needed to be banned please unban me I be good boy.

So to start with, my appeal is:
I promise not to start any more 12 Days of YPPY games which spam your mailbox with ban appeals, Santa. I'm sure you're very busy this time of year as it is! :( Please forgive me it wasn't my choice, the other mods peer pressured me into it ;~;
Day 7: The Story Game - Start, End
Seven Swanna a-Writing
Six Skrelp Appealing
FIVE GOLDEEN BANS
Four Honedge Renaming
Three Pokedexs
Two Listing Pidoves

Welcome to The Story Game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve! :D You can find more details about it here.

In this game, we'll be making a story! I'll give a little beginning, and you guys get to finish the story. It doesn't need a theme in particular, it can go from someone eating a sandwich to said person destroying the world, just keep it appropriate. :p

When you post, you must continue the story, starting exactly where the post above yours ended. (No need to quote any parts of the previous post.) Your post should have anywhere from 10 to 50 words in it. It's ok if it's a little more, just make sure you don't write a huge paragraph.

This game (as do all other games in the Twelve days of YPPY, obviously :U) uses the YPPY rule (You-Person-Person-You), meaning that you have to wait for two people to post before you can post again.

Behold! For this is how it all began:
bbninjas said:
And there bbninjas was, being a ninja n'stuff. But then, bb heard someone...
Celever said:
...who wanted only to have some fun and do something interesting. They walked up to bb, and...
Vom said:
...forgot what to say because they were too tired, but bb wrongly said that they...
Day 8: Crush a Christmas Wish - Start, End
On the eighth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Eight Spheal Wish-Crushing
Seven Swanna a-Writing
Six Skrelp Appealing
FIVE GOLDEEN BANS
Four Honedge Renaming
Three Pokedexs
Two Listing Pidoves

Welcome to the eighth game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more information about it here. Today, we'll be enjoying one of the most classic YPPY games - Crush a Christmas Wish!

Like past games of the Twelve Days of YPPY, this game also uses the YPPY rule, meaning that you have to wait for two people to post before you can post again.

In Crush a Christmas Wish, each time you post, you get to wish for something Christmas-y! The next person to post will grant your wish, but give it an unfortunate twist ( D: ). After crushing a wish, you must then make your own wish for the person next to post to crush. Enjoy crushing!

Example:
Ice Espeon said:
I wish for a Ice Umbreon to accompany my Ice Espeon!
bbninjas said:
Granted, but the Ice Umbreon runs off with your Ice Espeon into the sunset, and now you have no Ice Eeveelutions. :<

I wish I could see snow at Christmas time.
Celever said:
Granted, but now you have to shovel your way out of your house! Snow is a bit of nuisance, you know. :p

I wish for a bag of peppermint sweets!

I wish for an Aussie Christmas that isn't too blazin' hot but isn't bogan cold.
Day 9: Naughty or Nice - Start, End
On the ninth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Nine Cleffa Judging
Seven Swanna a-Writing
Six Skrelp Appealing
FIVE GOLDEEN BANS
Four Honedge Renaming
Three Pokedexs
Two Listing Pidoves

Welcome to the ninth game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Next we have an old favorite from last year, Naughty or Nice!

In this game you need to help Santa finish his naughty or nice list. To do this, post if you think the member above you is naughty or nice and then give a reason why!

Some past examples:
Naughty for saying I'm naughty.
Nice for saying NameBlank's naughty.
Naughty for saying Reggie is nice for saying I'm naughty

So to start, the poster below gets to judge me! D:
Day 10: The Up, Left, Down Game - Start, End
On the tenth day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Ten Left/Right Pidove
Nine Cleffa Judging
Seven Swanna a-Writing
Six Skrelp Appealing
FIVE GOLDEEN BANS
Four Honedge Renaming
Three Pokedexs
Two Listing Pidoves

Welcome to the tenth (!) game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more information about it here. Today, we'll be playing a game brought to PB by @NameBlank - the Up, Left, Down Game!

Like past games of the Twelve Days of YPPY, this game also uses the YPPY rule, meaning that you have to wait for two people to post before you can post again.

Each post will have an up (^), left (<) and down (v). Players than right after the arrow about the player the arrow is pointing to. It's odd, but it's fun! :>

Example:
Celever said:
^ Is a clone.
< Has the best avy
v Is the 27th best person on the forums.
Ice Espeon said:
^ Likes ice too much
< Has some avy nooone knows about
v Should post more
So, my turn:

^ is MISSINGNO.
< Is a better ninja than Vom
v Just won $50.67
Day 11: Finish the Above Poster's Candy Canes - Start, Finish
On the eleventh day of YPPY my true love gave to me:
Eleven Swirlix Finishing
Ten Left/Right Pidove
Nine Cleffa Judging
Seven Swanna a-Writing
Six Skrelp Appealing
FIVE GOLDEEN BANS
Four Honedge Renaming
Three Pokedexs
Two Listing Pidoves

Welcome to the eleventh (almost there! :D) game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more information about it here. Today, we're bringing back a classic, Finish the Above Poster's Sentences (with a little Christmas-y touch), first brought on the forums by @Keeper of Night.

In this game, you'll have to do exactly what the title says: finish the above poster's sentence. You should try to give them some relation to the holidays, but...

Example:
Celever said:
anything will do...
bbninjas said:
...as long as it's appropriate. :)
Alright, my turn: I'm not a better ninja than Vom because...

You simply have to write the beginning of a sentence (like I did above) and the next member has to finish it and write a beginning of sentence of their own.

Let's start: I love eating raw fish soaked in chocolate because...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad jokes in a Lum Tree

Welcome to the first game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Next we have a traditional game of this project, Bad Holiday Jokes!

In this game you can post some of the terrible holiday related puns and jokes that you have come across in an effort to share the pain of these awful jokes with more victims, or get your creative juices flowing and create more suffering by introducing new jokes to the world!

Some examples from the last thread:

What is the fear of getting stuck in a chimney?
Santa Claus-trophobia
What do you get if you cross an Abomasnowman with a Sharpedo?
Frost Bite!
This one's really bad. Like REALLY bad.
What did an elf tell Santa when he was leaving the Pole?
Don't forget to Claus the door.
So to start:

What do you call a Mall Santa that’s been hit in the groin?
A Ball Santa!

A thread of bad jokes! It's like my dream come true!

What does Santa do on the 24th?

He Delibirds the presents!

Why should you invite Mr. Parasect to the Christmas Party?

Because he's a fungi.

Jingle Bellossoms
12 Days of Christmasquerain
Regirockin around the Christmas tree
Rupdolph lithograph the red nosepass reindeerling
Lysandre got run over by a stantler
All I want for Christmas is yveltal

What is the best Christmas present in the world?

A broken drum, you just can't beat it!

And Day 1 has come to an end! Be on the look out for Day 2 - Santa's Shopping List.

Two Listing Pidoves

Welcome to the second game of the Twelve Days of YPPY, an event that is running up until Christmas Eve. You can find more details about it here. Next we have a spin-off of Would You Rather, Santa’s Shopping List!

In this game players ask a simple Would You Rather question, such as “Would you rather eat eggs or mushroom?”. The next player to post chooses one of these options and gives a reason why. Their choice will go on Santa’s Shopping List, which we be listed at the end of the game.

Some Would You Rather examples:
Would you rather circular glasses or triangular glasses?
Circular, cos I'm a wizard Harry!
Would you rather live in a house made entirely of LEGO or a house made of Glass?
House made of LEGO because it's got more privacy.

Would you rather have a new pair of socks or a new hat?

iPad, though I'm not super interested in either at the moment.

would you rather have a Pichu plushie or a Pikachu plushie?

A Pichu plushie, so my brother can get jealous! >: D

Would you rather have a cushion laced with gold or a pencil painted in silver?

A pen painted in silver, because i could show off at school.
Would you rather win the European Challenge Cup or win a American Regional.

3DS, because I use my 3DS more anyways.

Would you rather have a very large real christmas tree or a very large fake christmas tree?

Well, the real thing is always better than the fake thing, right?

Would you rather a sparkly new car or sleak new car?

Master Ball. So I can catch that random Shiny without fail. Shinyness is good :3

Would you rather have 10 random members of the forums show up for christmas, or 3 of your favourite people on the forums show up for christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back