Tropical Beach Question

TheLuxChomp

Aspertia City Gym is overpowered
Who thinks that Tropical Beach will get rotated after the worlds closest to now, and who thinks it will stay in for 2 more world championships?

Maybe they will create another OP (OverPowered) stadium like Tropical Beach, and I think that will be in format, but, beach won't be reprinted, like Skyla in BCR. Maybe they will last 2 more years.

I don't see it staying in format after 2014 Worlds. Next Destinies-Boundaries Crossed will likely be rotated out, along with the promos that were released during that time. Right now, the original Tropical Beach is only legal because the 2012 one is a reprint of it, so I don't know why it'd stay in format. And since Tropical Beach is banned in some Japanese tournaments, making it a worlds promo again would be really lame for them. I mean, it'd be lame for everyone, but especially them.

It is possible it could get rotated out after next season since it is Promo 50. Depends on what is given out at Worlds this year.

However Tropical beach will be legal however in the new Black&White and on format coming next season.

JungleBeatz said:
It is possible it could get rotated out after next season since it is Promo 50. Depends on what is given out at Worlds this year.

However Tropical beach will be legal however in the new Black&White and on format coming next season.

Are you saying that we will have Beach until 2015 Worlds?

EDIT: Nvm, just analyzed the text.

JungleBeatz said:

Considering it is in D.C. this year, I doubt pokemon will reprint tropical beach. And because the cut off this year for promos was BW 32 (or 33 I forget), it is most likely they will go up through BW50. But you are right that the BW format will still have the card, so it's won't lose all of its value.

That also still depends on how popular the BW-On format will be compared to Standard/Modified with NXD-On currently. Like I said before I don't see much of an appeal for it other than Eels/Benchtini returning and Tropical Beach is scarce enough as it is to where it's card value will make it the most expensive card in the BW-On format after it gets rotated out from Standard/Modified.

Elbow said:
JungleBeatz said:

Considering it is in D.C. this year, I doubt pokemon will reprint tropical beach. And because the cut off this year for promos was BW 32 (or 33 I forget), it is most likely they will go up through BW50. But you are right that the BW format will still have the card, so it's won't lose all of its value.

Tropical beach was printed in San Diego and Hawaii, location of World's is irrelevant. Most of the World's promos in years past have included "Tropical" in the name ie "Tropical Wave, Tropical Beach, etc.) even though the event not taking place near say "tropical areas."

However, my gut feeling is that based on previous trends is that Champion's Festival will get a reprint.

I will be extremely happy if Tropical Tidal Wave gets printed as the next Worlds promo.

But as for whether or not I think Beach will get rotated? Yes, I think it will.

Back