Finished Trick & Trump - XY Base Set: Game Over, Winner revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
RE: Trick & Trump - XY Base Set: Night 5 ends Saturday the 24th at 7:00 AM GMT

Can we not buy Booster Packs tonight? They're not on the selling list tonight.

Also sorry for not getting my battle done. Held it off for too long.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

No Boosters. You haven't been able to for a while, actually.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Nice going guys. End the night before Brave can do anything...

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Day 6

"Welcome, friends, to the last day of battling!" says bbninjas. "You may be interested to know that you will score points at the end of the day, determined by numerous factors, to reveal a winner! Good luck!"

You settle among the tables, anticipating your last match.

And the rules:

Rules:
bbninjas said:
Day:
• Day phases generally last five days, or until all actions have been completed.
• You may challenge other peasants to a Pokémon TCG duel.
• Duels must abide by all rules according to the day update.
• Challenging should occur as follows (remember to bold): Let's duel, <name>!
• You may choose to accept the duel, or to rebuke it. Rebuking will cause a loss of 5 BPs (-5BP)
• You may post ##ENTER EVENT. This is the only way you can participate in the upcoming Night event.

Other Rules
• The winner will receive +15 BP, the not-so-winner will receive +1BP for each prize card taken.
• The winner will steal cards from the not-so-winner (see Rules for more)
• No more than two people may send a duel to the same player.
• Each player may challenge four times, but cannot challenge the same person three or more times during the same Day.

Time to start dueling!

Day 6 has started. It will end on Wednesday the 28th at 7:00 AM GMT [/hr]

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
RE: Trick & Trump - XY Base Set: Day 6 ends Wednesday the 28th at 7:00 AM GMT

Probably should update...

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
RE: Trick & Trump - XY Base Set: Day 6 ends Wednesday the 28th at 7:00 AM GMT

Night 6 - Game Over​

As the day, and the tournament, nears to an end, bbninjas starts to tally up player's cards, to determine the winner via the secret formula. Members in the tavern start placing bets on the winner.

After an hour of counting, bbninjas calls the remaining four players for the results:

Machamp the Champion - 560 points
Brave Vesperia - 315 points
Luispipe8 - 216 points
Keeper of Night - 237 points

Which means... Machamp the Champion is the winner! Congratulations!

So there it is; the first Trick & Trump is finished! I hope you guys had a great time playing!

Here's the raw document with scoring mechanisms and such (not all there were used). You were scored based on card values and quantity.

Also, feedback would be awesome! I feel that parts of the game weren't too well constructed on my part, particularly scoring the winner, and it didn't really have that 'Kingdoms' feel. Also, if I get enough interest (and ideas :p), I'll be free to host another Trick & Trump for you guys!

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Yay I win! :D Good game everyone. Starting with 2 Yveltal EX is pretty good.

I feel like a lot of the games came down to my opponents starting with a bad hand and not being able to set anything up. I also feel like after I started winning games, I had such a big advantage over the other players because I was taking all their EXs and getting so much stronger. Having all those draw supporters was very nice, too. Maybe it would be a good idea to make it so you can't steal EXs? And maybe start off by giving players a full set of draw supporters, so games become more exciting right from the start.

Another thing was I never felt like buying booster packs was a good decision. I'd rather save my money for good singles down the road. Something you could do is give every player some packs each night. That way, everyone's decks get increasingly stronger and keep changing. Mine stayed virtually the same the whole tournament. I just added the good EXs and Trainers when I got them.

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く
Hmm, I found the game alright while I was here. Unfortunately I didn't actually get around to challenging anyone, probably because I was afraid of losing against more op decks.

I would want to try a second round though, and actually battle people. I miss playing tcg, none of my friends play anymore :/

Status
Not open for further replies.