Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)
EV: 252 SpA, 192HP, 64 Def

• Psychic
  • Focus Blast
  • Shadow Ball
  • Trick Room

Aah, Life Orb Reuniclus. Magic Guard prevents Reuniclus from taking any damage except for attacks. That means Sand, Hail, Life Orb, Recoil, etc. Psychic gets STAB, which is always a plus. It's also another Trick Room setter. Focus Blast and Shadow Ball are for coverage.

186f.gif

Politoed
Ability: Drizzle
Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
EV: 252 Def, 252 HP, 4 SpA

• Hydro Pump
  • Ice Beam
  • Focus Blast
  • Scald

It's needed in a Rain team, duh. Choice Specs is for added power, and with Rain and Hydro Pump, this puppy can do quite a bit of damage. Protect is for longevity. Focus Blast and Ice Beam are very powerful in combination with Choice Specs.

598.gif

Ferrothorn
Ability: Iron Barbs
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
EV: 252 Atk, 92 Def, 164 HP

• Power Whip
  • Leech Seed
  • Gyro Ball
  • Shadow Claw

Choice Band makes Ferrothorn very powerful. Power Whip is kind of Ferrothorn's signature move, since it gets a ton of boost with a positive nature, Choice Band, 252 Atk EV's, and 31 Atk IV's. Leech Seed is for a decoy. Gyro Ball and Shadow Claw are for coverage.

272f.gif

Ludicolo
Ability: Rain Dish
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
EV: 252 HP, 108 SpD, 148 Def

• Substitute
  • Leech Seed
  • Giga Drain
  • Protect

Yep, another SubSeed set. It works quiet well with this team, because of its bulkiness and low speed. It is able to drain the opponent's Pokemon's HP while retaining its own.

381.gif

Latios
Ability: Levitate
Item: Dragon Gem
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
EV: 4 Def, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

• Draco Meteor
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Surf
  • Protect

Latios, the sweeper. The DracoGem combo is amazingly powerful and can OHKO many different things. The Timid Nature is for added speed to assure attacking first. Hidden Power Fire is for KO'ing Scizor. Dragon Pulse is a weaker Dragon Type move that can be used if the power of Draco Meteor is not needed.

080.gif

Slowbro
Ability: Regenerator
Item: Sitrus Berry
Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)
EV: 244 HP, 156 SpA, 108 SpD

• Trick Room
  • Surf
  • Flamethrower
  • Psychic

The secondary Trick Room setter. Very useful in case there are many Fighting types and Reuniclus would be in danger. Speed-reducing Nature as normal. Surf is for coverage, same as Flamethrower and Psychic. Surf and Psychic both get STAB, which also makes Surf very strong in Rain, *3 of its normal power. Flamethrower is also very good against Flamethrower if the weather either hasn't been set or the weather has been changed by Tyranitar/Ninetales/Abomasnow/Hippowdon/Snover.

Export
Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
-Hydro Pump
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast

Latios (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Protect

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Ferrothorn (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw

Slowbro (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 156 SAtk / 108 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Psychic
- Flamethrower

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Threats
Will add when people tell me :/

Well, there it is! Please comment and improve!

I haven't seen Ludicolo on a team in a while, nice to see it again! I'd give these Pokemon:

Reuniclus
192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA (Smogon)

Ferrothorn
Where are the Spikes? I'd remove Leech Seed for that because Ludicolo has it.

And I really like all of the rest. Also, here you can find the weakness for your team. Mainly Bug, Ghost and Dark. Bug, Ghost and Dark are covered by Flamethrower, Shadow Claw and Focus Blast.

Really nice team you got there. Nice job!

I posted a bit in chat room, but I'll elaborate here.

First off, no spikes and stealth rock. This is VGC, which is doubles. In doubles, the metagame is much to offensive to set up entry hazards. It's like giving your opponent free turns.

Secondly, Get rid of the fire moves on Slowbro and Latios. The rain only hurts them. HP Fire will fail to OHKO Ferrothorn and Scizor if you have rain in play, so that makes it pointless to even be running those attacks. You could use better support moves, like Ice Beam on Slowbro, and Surf on Latios.

Thirdly, I'd honestly get rid of Ludicolo and Ferrothorn alltogether. You're trying to wall with them, and walls don't exist in VGC. Since there's 2 Pokemon in play, you have to stand up to 2 attacks every turn. Even Blissey gets worn down by special attacks in this kind of a metagame. Ludicolo and Ferrothorn don't have anywhere near the walling potential that Blissey has, so they will get worn down much quicker. If you want Ludicolo to sweep like you told me in chat, you should be using a Swift Swim set that holds Life Orb, using offensive moves, like Hydro Pump, Grass Knot, and Ice Beam, not defensive ones. Sweepers need to deal out damage instantly, otherwise they can't keep up in the fast VGC meta. however, using a Swift Swim Ludicolo on a Trick Room team is counterproductive, so I'd try replacing it with something else entirely.

Azumarill seems like a better choice, honestly. With its ability of Huge Power, its Attack stat comes in at well over 200, which is absolutely monstrous in VGC. In addition, it will have Rain to boost its Water-type attacks ,and it's slow enough to abuse Trick Room. If you're afraid of getting outsped, it even has Aqua Jet, which will always go first.

Instead of Ferrothorn, I'd suggest either Rotom-W or Zapdos. That way, you have a way to beat Pokémon that use Hurricane, like opposing Tornadus. It will always hit when the rain is up, so it's good to have a pokemon that can take the Flying-type attackers out. Rotom-W is the slower of the two, and also has STAB Hydro Pump to be boosted by the rain, in addition to Thunder becoming 100% accurate.

TPO3 said:
I posted a bit in chat room, but I'll elaborate here.

First off, no spikes and stealth rock. This is VGC, which is doubles. In doubles, the metagame is much to offensive to set up entry hazards. It's like giving your opponent free turns.

Secondly, Get rid of the fire moves on Slowbro and Latios. The rain only hurts them. HP Fire will fail to OHKO Ferrothorn and Scizor if you have rain in play, so that makes it pointless to even be running those attacks. You could use better support moves, like Ice Beam on Slowbro, and Surf on Latios.

Thirdly, I'd honestly get rid of Ludicolo and Ferrothorn alltogether. You're trying to wall with them, and walls don't exist in VGC. Since there's 2 Pokemon in play, you have to stand up to 2 attacks every turn. Even Blissey gets worn down by special attacks in this kind of a metagame. Ludicolo and Ferrothorn don't have anywhere near the walling potential that Blissey has, so they will get worn down much quicker. If you want Ludicolo to sweep like you told me in chat, you should be using a Swift Swim set that holds Life Orb, using offensive moves, like Hydro Pump, Grass Knot, and Ice Beam, not defensive ones. Sweepers need to deal out damage instantly, otherwise they can't keep up in the fast VGC meta. however, using a Swift Swim Ludicolo on a Trick Room team is counterproductive, so I'd try replacing it with something else entirely.

Azumarill seems like a better choice, honestly. With its ability of Huge Power, its Attack stat comes in at well over 200, which is absolutely monstrous in VGC. In addition, it will have Rain to boost its Water-type attacks ,and it's slow enough to abuse Trick Room. If you're afraid of getting outsped, it even has Aqua Jet, which will always go first.

Instead of Ferrothorn, I'd suggest either Rotom-W or Zapdos. That way, you have a way to beat Pokémon that use Hurricane, like opposing Tornadus. It will always hit when the rain is up, so it's good to have a pokemon that can take the Flying-type attackers out. Rotom-W is the slower of the two, and also has STAB Hydro Pump to be boosted by the rain, in addition to Thunder becoming 100% accurate.

Oh. yeah sorry idk vgc style haha.
I'm *extremely* good at the uh...smogon ladder style (just regular singles 6v6)

I just have one small tidbit to add here... Protect and Choice Specs together doesn't seem like a good idea. You could replace it with Scald as a secondary STAB, or another coverage move.

Yay suggestions!

But then how will I counter Scizor? Scizor is the main threat to all teams and I wouldn't have a counter. I'll keep the Flamethrower on Slowbro and will change it as I see fit, because outside of Rain it rapes Ferrothorn, but with Latios I will change it to Surf.

Seems like you haven't had your fair share of VGC...

Anyways, Ferrothorn is a great wall in Rain because of the reduced weakness to fire. Ludicolo is only weak to Bug (just Ice Beam them with another Pokemon), Poison (not ever used), and Flying (not common). They both work very well as walls, and I'm willing to prove it. I will change the Nature on Ludicolo from Relaxed to Bold because it will probably be in the game after Trick Room fadxes away.

I'll think about this addition while I test.

I was thinking about Rotom-W from the start, but what Item should I use? Politoed is using Choice Specs so I'm out of ideas. It just wouldn't seem strong enough without Choice Specs.

Back