Trevenant / Accelgor

RE: Gothitelle / Accelgor / Mew EX / Dusknoir / Musharna

Blah said:
It's been winning several BR's, and it actually makes sense. In shorter tournaments with less diverse metagames, it's not too hard to get a little lucky, get everything set up, and burn your way through a field of Plasma and whatever else you face, even Blastoise. Blastoise doesn't actually have a gigantic advantage unless you're specifically teching for the matchup or you can get the Blastoise before they get a Gothitelle.

I still stand by the point that I think this won't do well at Nationals. Sure, there will be one or two people that play good matchups and get lucky and can work their way deep into cut, but the deck is so prone to collapsing at any given point that at a gigantic tournament like U.S. Nationals, the deck is bound to hit a wall at some point, similar to how Vileplume/Accelgor burned it's way to top 16 last year and then hit a wall because time was called (just one of the many instances where this deck can fail).

It won the Nats in Norway and got to top 16 in Germany.

This deck can just as easy as any other deck in our current meta win anything from a BR to the US nationals.

I am seriously thinking about using this at Portugal's Nationals

I absolutely hate this deck and I really hope I don't need to face it at Finland's Nationals, especially early... I'm not "in it to win it" but it would provide an extremely annoying and one-sided game... I know that at least some people will play it. :C

This Deck is one of the main reasons I bought 2 Keldeo Tins for (other than it's Art) because I also use the Rush In/Retreat Method but with Darkrai as the battery in the engine instead of Float Stone, It's THAT Annoying, the only downside to this strategy for me, I have to have both Keldeos in the Deck, if any of them are Prized or if one of them is KO'ed, I'm Bonked xD

Yeah, I just made two spots for Keldeo-EX in my PlasmaKlang deck. You really need them in there if you want to have a fighting chance. Oh, and you need to get them out and charged up ASAP. Sorry Cobalion, you guys just can't pump out enough damage in time. If I have four Blend Energy attached to a Keldeo, it's an OHKO on the Gothitelle. And that helps your matchup. A lot.

Hi, which set are these cards from, the Gothitelle / Accelgor / Mew EX / Dusknoir / Musharna. I wasn't exactly sure since it wasn't mentioned in the thread, thanks.

mute2 said:
Hi, which set are these cards from, the Gothitelle / Accelgor / Mew EX / Dusknoir / Musharna. I wasn't exactly sure since it wasn't mentioned in the thread, thanks.

Musharna's from Next Destinies
Accelgor's from Dark Explorers
Gothitelle's from Emerging Powers
Mew EX's from Dragons Exalted
Dusknoir's from Boundaries Crossed

Also, very important: the Munnas are the ones from Boundaries Crossed, that have Long-Distance Hypnosis

So what would you guys figure to be the best strategy against Blastoise/Keldeo? I've found that even an early Gothitelle won't make the matchup winnable since they can just manually power up Keldeo. So would you say the way to beat it is just hit for weakness with Accelgor while bringing up Gothitelle if you can? Or what are the priorities in getting everything out?

You need the Gothitelle to prevent them from going into their Energy Retrieval, but focus on getting those Accelgor out. Mew-EX is gonna be two free Prizes because Keldeo/Blastoise builds will overpower them. If they get a Blastoise fast enough, you're done for. Sorry. Well, if they get the right attachments down. They can Rush In and start making OHKOs with only four Energy against Gothitelle, which isn't difficult to do. Accelgor needs to be hitting for 100 every turn, consistently, and you need the Gothitelle to prevent them from Catcher-ing your Benched Shelmet.

Play around it late game N screws them up. play as many trainers as you can. keep keldeo in the hand until you have something locked active. stuff like that.

So this deck won US Nationals. It also was 2 of the top 4. Thoughts anyone?

I feel now like it is a very solid deck and is a contendor for World's

They always get there Keldeo EX to fast for me to do anything they kill mine Gothitelle with 4 energy and by the time I get mine Accelgors/Gothitelle's they are Rampaging through mine field I could never find a way to beat them

But they have to get 2 Keldeo out for it to be of any use for them

MMAmonchan said:
So this deck won US Nationals. It also was 2 of the top 4. Thoughts anyone?
The other 2 decks in the top 4 were Plasma. Big, big props to all 4 players.

For me though, I'd rather run my PlasmaBox deck in a big tournament vs. GAMD. I prefer the PlasmaBox options (and fewer moving parts) I would have against the field, including GAMD.

I feel that this deck won't do as well at worlds now that it won American Nationals... I feel too many people will tech against it...

Impossible.

There's no such thing as a reliable tech against Gothitelle. That's partially why it's an idiotic deck; it relies on luck (at least in terms of techs), but statistically with a good list that luck will pull through enough of the time.

Why? Because after Gothitelle goes up, there is zero way to search out tech cards. You have to draw into them, something you won't be able to do every game. Again, you have to get lucky. If you draw into your techs, you'll probably win. If you don't, you'll lose. It's the same thing if they aren't running techs too; you need to draw into everything you need, something that statistically will only happen some of the time. It's a good thing to note that the national champion only went 6-3 in swiss though; which just proves that the deck is fragile.

It's also good to realize both sides of how Gothitelle did at Nationals. Did it win? Yeah. But what about all of those goth that went 5-4 and whiffed (which was a substantial number), or did even worse? Sure, some of them sucked, but it proves a good point. On the topic of worlds, if Gothitelle is played enough, I can easily see it being a contender to win. If it decreases in popularity, it's more likely that they won't make it all the way because of their opponent's draws, and something more consistent and with more options like Plasma probably has the better chance of winning.

RE: Gothitelle / Accelgor / Mew EX / Dusknoir (with and without Musharna)

How do you guys see this decks current placement in the format? Virizion is a card which sees a lot of play but you can still hold them from playing trainers and just move the damage you do with Accelgor to the Virizion. Where would you place it.

And what would call say is the Pokemon line for this deck now?

Back