Trevenant / Accelgor

Blah

DBT
Use this thread for all discussion of the Trevenant/Accelgor deck. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means of adding to the discussion. Don't post decklists here for advice.

All discussion not related to Trevenant/Accelgor will be moved or deleted. All shallow or uninformed discussion will also be deleted by the mods.

Skeleton List:

Pokémon: 16
  • 3 Shelmet
  • 3 Accelgor
  • 1 Duskull
  • 1 Dusknoir
  • 2 Mew EX
  • 3 Pumpkaboo
  • 3 Trevenant
Trainers: 29
  • 4 N
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Skyla
  • 3 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Surprise Megaphone
  • 4 Float Stone
  • 3 Tropical Beach
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
Energy: 4
  • 4 DCE

Free Spots: 11

Good Additions:
  • Electrode PLF
  • Druddigon FLF
  • More Lysandre
  • Jirachi EX
  • Evo Soda
  • Muscle Band
  • Silver Bangle
  • Town Map
  • Sacred Ashe
  • Thicker Dusknoir lines

RE: Gothitelle / Accelgor / Mew EX / Dusknoir / Musharna

Keldeo + Float Stone early.... GG Gothi... This deck is overhyped and honestly easily beatable if you just play the right cards. I'm ashamed to say it though as it was the funnest deck ever to play but I do believe it is in Tier League from now on.

I will admit with the right list it can win, but you can barely scratch to win BR's and Cities with it.

MrGatr said:
Keldeo + Float Stone early.... GG Gothi...

You get a one time use out of that if you lay it down in one turn.

Pokemon Catcher is a card. Then they lock it Active. Free Retreat means nothing when you are Paralyzed and under Trainer Lock.

dmaster out.

As long as you can get out two keldeos and a mewtwo/deoxys/sigilyph to take out gothitelle then you should be fine

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Uhm sir I believe u are forgetting tool scrapper

Tool Scrapper has never truely hindered Garbodors use... Even then, they only use one and maybe two, but Garbodor can still slow them down enough that you win the game due to speed.

dmaster said:
MrGatr said:
Keldeo + Float Stone early.... GG Gothi...

You get a one time use out of that if you lay it down in one turn.

Pokemon Catcher is a card. Then they lock it Active. Free Retreat means nothing when you are Paralyzed and under Trainer Lock.

dmaster out.

You don't even need that tool scrapper equals bye bye tool and guess what tools are items

UGHHHHH. Hatehatehate this deck with a passion. It decimated my PlasmaKlang deck. You have to be fast to the punch if you wanna beat this. Like, KILL the Shelmet asap. KILL the Gothita ASAP. I hate this deck so much.

What?? Gothitelle without Tool Scrapper is Blastoise Keldeo without Tropical Beach, your not gonna beat your rival matchup.

MrGatr said:
AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Uhm sir I believe u are forgetting tool scrapper

Tool Scrapper has never truely hindered Garbodors use... Even then, they only use one and maybe two, but Garbodor can still slow them down enough that you win the game due to speed.

Turn 2 gothitelle means no tools on Garbo which means your fine.

Haha, yeah GAM needs Tool Scrapper if it expects to compete. This deck is not relatively fast by any means.

T2 Gothitelle is so rare, majority of the time its T3. By that time Garbodor is already in play and working. Have you even tested this deck?

EDIT:
And you're assuming you go first... It doens't always work like that.

MrGatr said:
T2 Gothitelle is so rare, majority of the time its T3. By that time Garbodor is already in play and working. Have you even tested this deck?

EDIT:
And you're assuming you go first... It doens't always work like that.

Yes but once you get the tools on Garbo I tool scrap them off my ability reactivates and you can no longer play tools down

Also yes I have tested this an d started yesterday i have gotton T2 gothitelle 5/7 games and won 6/7

I'll share my opinion on this deck I suppose since I've put a decent amount of thought into it.

This deck is overhyped, I'll agree with that. But it is by no means bad and going into a tournament thinking it's bad isn't going to end well. It is an extremely powerful deck that once it sets up, is close to unstoppable except by Blastoise, which still has issues with this deck to some extent. It's just going to set up a perfect lock and there is absolutely nothing you can do it. Put in all the Keldeos, Garbodors, and Float Stones you want, it generally isn't going to do much because this deck has a way to deal with all of that.

Now that I'm done praising it, I'll go ahead and say that this deck is by no means the BDIF and in reality, isn't a good play for large tournaments. There's just so much that can go wrong. Miss that Gothitelle you need, miss a crucial Deck and Cover, not have the Float Stone when you need it, not have the Tool Scrapper when you need it, etc. That combined with the fact that this deck will crumble under fast pressure and good starts from decks like Plasma means the deck is unreliable. Before someone starts countering the point with "but I tested it and won all my games" or "it did so well at my BR," that is all true because the deck is very good. However, in a long term scenario or tournament (specifically nationals) something is bound to go wrong at the wrong time. Again, this deck requires an extreme amount of set up and if one of those puzzle pieces doesn't fall into place at the time its needed, the deck loses.

Overall, as Pooka said on Facebook, underestimating this deck and thinking its bad is somewhat silly, but thinking its the overwhelming BDIF is also silly. It's a great deck and will make an impact in the format, but the things holding it back make sure that it won't be filling all top 4 spots at nationals anytime soon (or even any of the spots, I personally think the deck will crumble before it hits top 16 or top 8).

I do not like this deck. It is the only compelling argument to run two Keldeo in Darkrai even though there is no other situation where it would make sense to do this. UGH.

That said, it is fun to play...

The deck's definitely decent, but there are too many hard counters to it for it to be tier 1. Espeon, Audino, a second Keldeo, etc. all make the deck just completely crumble. Not to mention your autoloss to blastoise and how easy it is to donk you with TDK or LandoCoba,

Espeon doesn't help too much since they can just OHKO it with Mew, and keep in mind a second Keldeo only works if the second Keldeo actually gives you an extra attack every turn, which it doesn't really do except in Darkrai and Rayeels. Audino also lowers consistency because it takes up space. Blastoise isn't auto loss because they can stop the Blastoise from going up by getting a quick Gothitelle and then they can hit you for weakness with Accelgor. On the topic of donks, someone actually calculated the chance of starting with a lone basic and it was quite small, and that wasn't factoring in starting with Mew.

As I said in my previous post, I don't think there is really any reliable way to work around this deck besides a 2nd Keldeo in Darkrai and Rayeels. If the deck sets up quickly enough, and doesn't miss a deck and cover, the reality is that you're going to lose. That's where the deck gets its power from - the issue is that the set up doesn't always go as planned and fast starts can stop a Gothitelle from ever hitting the field.

Serperior said:
Haha, yeah GAM needs Tool Scrapper if it expects to compete. This deck is not relatively fast by any means.

It's Duskcellgor, not GAM

It's actually just Gothitelle/Accelgor, or just Goth if you're too lazy to type that out. Dusknoir isn't the main strategy of the deck, Gothitelle is. Dusknoir is more for just completing the lock at the end of the game.

Accelgor DRX works well with Nine tails

Wow! even without Nine tails i cant see this deck being played.
It must have been a good deck about a year ago.I just cant see how it will work against kyurem/Garbodor decks

Back