Trevenant / Accelgor

RE: Gothitelle / Accelgor / Mew EX / Dusknoir / Musharna

Blah said:
It's actually just Gothitelle/Accelgor, or just Goth if you're too lazy to type that out. Dusknoir isn't the main strategy of the deck, Gothitelle is. Dusknoir is more for just completing the lock at the end of the game.

Are we talking about the same deck here? Duskcellgor couldn't function without Dusknoir. Dusknoir sets up your win by not letting the opponents active Keldeo that you catchered up get knocked out by spreading damage off it. Duskcellgor couldn't function without Dusknoir. Without Dusknoir, your opponent can easily win. Dusknoir is what keeps the deck running. Before Boundaries Crossed, the lock was too easy to break out of. All you had to do is wait until your opponent knocks your active out to revenge their Gothitelle. Once Duskcellgor gets set up, you can't break the lock because of Dusknoir. The only other thing that this deck needs as much as Dusknoir is Accelgor. You could even play without Gothitelle by forcing the opponent to retreat and then just spreading damage. You can't play Duskcellgor without Dusknoir unless you like losing

This is not the same deck. If you're playing this so-called "Duskcellgor" they get access to Switch, Enhanced Hammer, Catcher, all of which can ruin your strategy. Gothitelle is waaaaaay more disruptive in the fact that you don't have any of those options. You're stuck if they consistently attach the DCE and keep their Accelgor in play. It's utterly stupid.

The deck of course plays Dusknoir, I was simply stating that Duskcellgor was a flawed name because it seems to imply no Gothitelle.

I was just being dumb and arguing with your name for the deck lol. Ignore me and get bak to discussing the deck itself :p

This deck makes me thank Keldeo/Blastoise for its existence because it destroys whatever the heck you wanna call this one.

Serperior said:
This is not the same deck. If you're playing this so-called "Duskcellgor" they get access to Switch, Enhanced Hammer, Catcher, all of which can ruin your strategy. Gothitelle is waaaaaay more disruptive in the fact that you don't have any of those options. You're stuck if they consistently attach the DCE and keep their Accelgor in play. It's utterly stupid.

I said you could, not that you should. I realize how you need Gothitelle as well

blargh257 said:
I do not like this deck. It is the only compelling argument to run two Keldeo in Darkrai even though there is no other situation where it would make sense to do this. UGH.

There's actually a lot of situations where it helps. Opponent's Catcher single Keldeos and play Laser which sometimes makes you stay asleep all the time. It's really not that bad of an additional tech.

dmaster out.

G
Gusto83 said:
Accelgor DRX works well with Nine tails

Wow! even without Nine tails i cant see this deck being played.
It must have been a good deck about a year ago.I just cant see how it will work against kyurem/Garbodor decks

What do you mean even without nine tails. Nine tails is terrible in every deck especially this so I would have to say you are wrong

Gusto83 said:
Accelgor DRX works well with Nine tails

Wow! even without Nine tails i cant see this deck being played.
It must have been a good deck about a year ago.I just cant see how it will work against kyurem/Garbodor decks

Did you know that tool cards are items? And that tool scraper removes tools? And that goth blocks your opponents items? See the connection? Goth has a very favorable garbodor matchup due to one tool scrapper, that's all you need. And kyurem can't attack when its paralyzed, and its, pretty hard to set it up under trainer lock when they can catcher deoxys to stall if necessary.

I am currently testing this deck heavily.

A few things to keep in mind: in 99% of the matches, dowsing machine is a better choice than CPU. If you can squeeze 1 or 2 Max Potions, it makes things even more easier. Always be prepared to setup a second Gothitelle. Always use the 60HP Gothitas.

DrunkSpinda said:
I am currently testing this deck heavily.

A few things to keep in mind: in 99% of the matches, dowsing machine is a better choice than CPU. If you can squeeze 1 or 2 Max Potions, it makes things even more easier. Always be prepared to setup a second Gothitelle. Always use the 60HP Gothitas.

Lol fitting 2 max potions in a deck with 2 stage 2 lines, and 1 stage 1 line. This deck is way too tight on space for that.

I think I'm actually going to have to tech in the Audino BC. If this deck keeps rising in popularity like it is right now, it'll be worth it. An auto-loss to a single deck isn't good by any means, and you need to have some sort of response to it. To get at least one attack off is a big deal, (so you can at least use Trainers for a turn), so I'm gonna go ahead and try it out.

How well does this deck do against aggression decks. i.e. anything that donks such as Tornadus EX, Absol, Thuderus EX, Mewtwo EX, Deoxys EX, Landorus EX, etc. I know that in my past experience with Goth decks, I ran Torndaus EX and was not letting them setup, at all. I also ran Mewtwo EX, same thing. My new deck has Absol, same as the last two. Really any deck that can do 60 damage first turn seems to over power this deck. But that's just me, maybe I'm just lucky?

^It's partly luck, going first and getting the resources for a T1 60 as well as sometimes needing Catcher.

Whoa! I didn't expect this Deck to come running around once again. Trainer Lock and consistent paralysis is pretty awesome, even nowadays with all these aggressive Basic EX's and Lasers huh?

This deck is awesome, and I'm happy it's become a metagame force, if only for the variety (though it's annoying to play against and prepare for)
My list right now is:
4-1-3 Goth
2-2 Accelgor
2-2 Musharna
1-0-1 Dusknoir
3 Mew EX
2 Ditto BC (would probably switch for Beach if it was on PTCGO)

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Colress
3 Skyla

4 Candy
1 Dowsing Machine
2 Super Rod
2 Level Ball
2 PComm
2 Ultra Ball
1 Catcher
4 Float Stone
1 Tool Scrapper

4 DCE

Mine is:

4 Gothita
4 Gothitelle
2 Shelmet
2 Accelgor
3 Mew EX
1 Duskull
1 Dusknoir
2 Munna
1 Musharna

4 N
4 Skyla
4 Juniper
1 Colress
2 Tropical Beach
1 CPU Search
4 Ultra Ball
2 Communication
1 Level Ball
4 Float Stone
4 Rare Candy
1 Super Rod
1 Town Map
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Catcher
1 Max Potion
4 DCE

Fyi. At a recent Battle Roads tournament, a player went 6-0 with this deck. I believe he beat 3 Plasma Box and 1 Blastoise deck along the way to his victory.

Good deck, but also a complex deck with lots of "moving parts" to consider and manage. This deck is not easily "mastered" given all the things one needs control.

It's been winning several BR's, and it actually makes sense. In shorter tournaments with less diverse metagames, it's not too hard to get a little lucky, get everything set up, and burn your way through a field of Plasma and whatever else you face, even Blastoise. Blastoise doesn't actually have a gigantic advantage unless you're specifically teching for the matchup or you can get the Blastoise before they get a Gothitelle.

I still stand by the point that I think this won't do well at Nationals. Sure, there will be one or two people that play good matchups and get lucky and can work their way deep into cut, but the deck is so prone to collapsing at any given point that at a gigantic tournament like U.S. Nationals, the deck is bound to hit a wall at some point, similar to how Vileplume/Accelgor burned it's way to top 16 last year and then hit a wall because time was called (just one of the many instances where this deck can fail).

I actually think this is a solid choice for Nationals. The only deck that can break the Gothitelle lock is pretty much Darkrai/ w Keldeo (and Blastoise/Keldeo). Since those decks are very slow paced decks (compared to decks that use Landorus/Mewtwo and the big Plasmaboys) it gives Gothitelle the chance to setup and overwhelm those decks with Magic Room. Sure, they have Keldeo, but they have to draw into those. The matchup against Garbodor, which is played a lot is fantastic, You should at least be able to finish x-2 with this deck and since the top cut is bo3, the chance of you getting donked is much less likely.

Back